Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cards344

Best Thing of Otakon 2011

What was the best thing that happened at Otakon for you that despite what ever happened made the trip worth it. For me it was Producer Atsuhiro Iwakami Panel on saturday i found out he also produced one of my other anime i really liked called My Little Sister Cant be This Cute got to see the premier of the new Fate/Zero trailer and i won a Blue Ray Copy of Volume 2 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica which he signed at the end of the panels autograph session.

Getting to see the Haruhi movie and walking away with enough material for the video I wanted to make definitely made the weekend worth it for me. :)

The Kraken!!

buying the Kraken in cosplay

Drinking the Kraken in cosplay with my friends at the hotel for her birthday

Chainsawing people at the con after the Kraken and party. :)

The panel on Rumiko Takahashi was rather good too.

Being able to watch Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo and the FMA movie in a large "theater-like" setting...

I rarely watch movies in movie theaters anymore ((too expensive, I rather wait for it to hit DVDs)) so it's always fun to get that "theater" experience.

The Kraken!!

Chainsawing people at the con after the Kraken and party. :D

For me it has to be meeting Lisa Ortiz and the guy on Friday morning driving a red car down the street who saw me and my friend cosplaying as Legends of the Hidden Temple and actually stopped his car in the road to point at us and go absolutely bonkers behind the wheel when he recognized what we were doing.

I loved that my group "liberated" an Otakon staff elevator sign on Sunday that was lying on the floor near one of the elevators outside video room 3. Now it's a room decoration :D

I was also very happy to finally see J. Michael Tatum up close during his Friday panel. He's a great guest to have and is well worth the wait.

I'm also happy Otakon was able to get their hands on the Haurhi movie premier, even though the movie messed with my mind.

The overwhelming amount of hugs, high-fives, and positive words I got for my fursuit. Truly a great experience 'debuting' it. :'D

The Kraken!!

Chainsawing people at the con after the Kraken and party. :(

The Kraken is some good stuff. It's nice to see that people are aware of the Kraken. Now more bars need to sell it.

I don't know what I'd consider the best thing. I loved it all, really.

No. Fire. Alarm.

Totally agree with this statement!!!! Another best thing for 2011... hmmm... meeting new people I've never met before, that was best for me since I had no spending money due to being unemployed and completely broke in 2011 which was a bummer for me because I couldn't donate to the Japan relief fund and get the cool shirt and badge ribbon.

I loved that my group "liberated" an Otakon staff elevator sign on Sunday that was lying on the floor near one of the elevators outside video room 3. Now it's a room decoration :(

Wait, so your favorite moment was stealing a sign from the event?

Gosh, THANKS.

For future reference, those signs aren't free -- they're re-used from year to year, and now we get to pay to replace it. It may not seem like much but casual theft adds up.

Things that wind up on the floor do not automatically become yours.

I loved that my group "liberated" an Otakon staff elevator sign on Sunday that was lying on the floor near one of the elevators outside video room 3. Now it's a room decoration :(

Wait, so your favorite moment was stealing a sign from the event?

Gosh, THANKS.

For future reference, those signs aren't free -- they're re-used from year to year, and now we get to pay to replace it. It may not seem like much but casual theft adds up.

Things that wind up on the floor do not automatically become yours.

I was wondering where those signs had got to.

Me too. I know that Spec Ops, Main Events, Video Ops, and Relations all were looking for the No Cameras signs at various points throughout the weekend. Poor Pub Ops had to make several on the fly and they aren't cheap.

I remember that last year they were giving away the signs with the badge choices on them and the room schedule signs, i think some people mite have been thinking that you could take the signs as the convention was closing

I remember that last year they were giving away the signs with the badge choices on them and the room schedule signs, i think some people mite have been thinking that you could take the signs as the convention was closing

They give away free samples of food at Costco. That doesn't entitle anyone to take the whole unopened box.

Do we have to put "do not steal" on everything?

They give away free samples of food at Costco. That doesn't entitle anyone to take the whole unopened box.

Do we have to put "do not steal" on everything?

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but it stood out for me because I would have never imagined it happening. When one my winners at Anime Press Your Luck was on the verge of tears because they couldn't believe they won, I was just at a loss for words. I've seen many contestants on actual game shows shed tears of joy when they win, but I never expected I'd see it at one of my shows. It touched my heart, to tell you the truth, and it's making me happy that we're starting to have more contestants giving good show energy and celebrating when they win. Keep giving us more of that in the cons to come, everyone.

Outside of my show, I was ecstatic to finally find a Scyther cosplay! Female, no less. I couldn't get a picture with her, unfortunately, because my camera was missing at the time, and she didn't come back to the meeting place we agreed upon. But I've seen and saved the pic from someone else's gallery, and now my favorite Pokemon is in the archives.

Can't name one| can name 5

Banraku

Giant Monsters A Go Go

Getting IN to Bad Anime Bad

Getting IN to Anime Mythbusters

Being asked by about 25 people if they could take my picture (about 5x more than last year)

Being on stage with Dj Black Op and speaking with Kawabata-sama from CHEMISTRY.

Getting to meet Stephanie Sheh and seeing the FMA premiere. Oh, and hanging out with friends, never get to do that much. -_-

... Oh. And of course ICE COLD WATER man. ;D

Premiere of the Shinkai movie and getting some personal time with Shinkai at the Bandai booth signing, that really made Otakon 2011 for me.

The Hetalia Premiere Panel. Also, when we were standing in line for the Hetalia premiere a BCC employee was passing by with a food cart or something, and a guy in the line suddenly shouted: "LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GUY WITH THE CART!" Everyone in the line cheers. :lol:

The Number of People who loved the Plush goose I carried around as Pip Bernadotte from Hellsing. I received several compliments on that, thank you everyone who gave the goose some love!

FMA, Conan and JYB

Wow, I didn't say anything here... I'll correct that right now...

For me, I gotta say winning in Anime Family Feud was EPIC for me. Really made my convention.

Meeting that very sweet Jack Sparrow and hanging out with him most of the time. <3

(I was the Piratey Wench lady with blonde hair.)

Wow, I didn't say anything here... I'll correct that right now...

For me, I gotta say winning in Anime Family Feud was EPIC for me. Really made my convention.

Best thing?

Dr. Mrs. & I had a blast the entire time...even though we missed some things we wanted to see (can't be everywhere at once!).

Not that I needed Otakon to re-affirm anything, but it was the best con I've had...strike that...WE'VE had in recent memory. It's likely her best one yet & I'd have to go back ten years or more to find one I enjoyed as much.

Everything. It was awesome!!! Everyone who complains about ota, dont come!! We can all live without ya! Thanks for making otakon every year the place to be! Dj Black op was my fave though

Everything. It was awesome!!! Everyone who complains about ota, dont come!! We can all live without ya! Thanks for making otakon every year the place to be! Dj Black op was my fave though

There is a thread going on right now on our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/Otakon

Called "The best thing about Otakon is:_____________" and you fill in the blank.

You can respond here, on Twitter, or on FB, or on all three! We love hearing about your favorite parts of the con! And if you can't pick just one, I can't blame you!