Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Makaimi

Dance Competition

Me and my friend were discussing about an Para Para exhibition that she wanted to do, so I had an idea for next year's Otakon. I thought it would be a good idea if there was some sort of a dance competition. Anyone could enter the rave and can do any style of dancing. If other may prefer, it can be styles of dancing that are taught at the Rock the Rave workshops at Otakon. It can be even con dances. Here are some examples:

Para Para

Breakdancing/Hip-Hop Dancing

Shuffling

Glowsticking/Glowstringing/Hooping

K-Pop dances

Con dances (any Vocaloid dances, Caramelldansen)

Original Routines

Again, this is just an idea, and me and my friend would like to hear from you. What do you think about a dance competition?

Quick fixes I though of.

Para Para/Techpara/Trapara/Whatever that weird looking one is called.

Shuffling/Hardjump and Jumpstyle/Hooping (Thanks DeathJester we forgot about that)

K-Pop dances

Sounds pretty sweet and I'd definitely check it out.

Where my bboys at?!

Me and my friend were discussing about an Para Para exhibition that she wanted to do, so I had an idea for next year's Otakon. I thought it would be a good idea if there was some sort of a dance competition. Anyone could enter the rave and can do any style of dancing. If other may prefer, it can be styles of dancing that are taught at the Rock the Rave workshops at Otakon. It can be even con dances. Here are some examples:

Para Para

Shuffling

K-Pop dances

Original Routines

Again, this is just an idea, and me and my friend would like to hear from you. What do you think about a dance competition?

Just wanted to let you know that any "Exhibition" you try to put on would need to be approved by Otakon staff as far as the location you plan to do this. The Dance will not be available as a location for your competition.

Para Para

Shuffling

K-Pop dances

Original Routines

Just wanted to let you know that any "Exhibition" you try to put on would need to be approved by Otakon staff as far as the location you plan to do this. The Dance will not be available as a location for your competition.

Shoot an email via the contact form to our Programming section with detailed information on what you are planning...though I suggest doing this in November after we do our staff turnarounds for 2012.

Para Para

Shuffling

K-Pop dances

Original Routines

Does anyone want to have auditions for this? Or just have anyone enter?

I'd rather have people sign up for it. There'd be no point for auditions for an exhibition. At most have people sign up somewhere with a name/group they go by, routine they're doing (Para Para/Con dances/K-pop dances), song they wish to use (Raving/Breakdancing).

I love this idea, would it be in a panel or something or just like an event in the con somewhere? Either way, you got my vote...it sounds like alot of fun