Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Makaimi

What were your experiences at the rave?

Though Saturday night was a solo act and kinda lonely, Friday night was amazing. They played Mortal Kombat and Jump Around, and I got to dance with friends. I just wish that I had the courage to jump in circles. Anyway, 1) What were your experiences at the rave, and 2) Have you ever danced in one of the circles?

1) I had a blast at the rave both nights, it was a great experience in the bigger room. Met up with some friends from a few years back, got some good pictures, and ended both my nights with a bang!

2) LOL no. But I got lots of great pictures from a few circles at the rave.

Whichever day had the guest DJ ( the chick ) was kinda weird. Playing anime theme songs ( which don't get me wrong, I liked a good majority of them ) that are totally undanceable to. Seemed more like something that belonged at a show, not a rave, where the point is to dance. Although I did thoroughly enjoy myself both nights ( actually had someone to dance with thanks to my cousin ) I wish someone would play more than just techno/trance. When Jump Around by House of Pain came on, I went NUTS!!!

As far as circles go, I have NOT tried to enter one since my first Otakon/rave in '09 where I got no applause for the few moves I did. If you're not a god, nobody wants to see you, which is VERY discouraging, especially since a good majority of the "gods" buy tickets JUST for the rave and don't actually care about the con itself.