Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calypso

Series Suggetions?

Im looking to start watching a new series, any suggestions?

Me

I'm not sure what to suggest since there is no mention of what you usually like to watch.... but I can suggest going to a site like myanimelist.net and just start browsing

(You can just click "advanced search" on the page I just linked and put in search filters like what type of series it is, is it still airing (or not yet aired), producer, what genre of anime you like, etc.)

It would depend on your tastes. Nadistu is right in suggesting MAL for a good place to start. pop in your favorite shows and click on some of the tags that are there for themes/genres. my (ever so long) list on MAL is under the same username, and you can sort by rating to see what I liked and what I didn't. I sometimes will do that with my other friends' lists to find something new :)

*spins random wheel* And the winner is...............

Eden of the East. Watch it.

Go for Black Cat <--- Awesome anime ;3

Gosh there's just so much but the two that really caught my interest of late and renewed my love for anime were Soul Eater and Birdy the Mighty.

I just finished watching shirokuna cafe.

Humanity Has Declined. What a quaint little mind**** that show is. XD

also, OH GOD WHY WON'T THE FAIRIES STOP SMILING MAKE THEM STOP MOMMY

*cough* yeah.

Well if you don't mind random suggestions..........((strong emphasis on the "random"))

A few [tried to think of less popular or "slightly newer but finished airing" series]

Some series I think people should check/try out if they're bored would be....

Star Driver (Action, Adventure)

Kimi ni Todoke (Romance, School, Shoujo, --ranks quite high up there with other classic "hearthrob series" if you ask me)

Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica (School, Fantasy, a little bit of romance, AND highly recommend to check out if you like "music")

Utawarerumono ((aka: The One Being Sung)) (Action, Fantasy, Drama, Sci-fi, I should also mention...this anime was adapted from an "ecchi/hentai PC game" <---not usually mentioned as far as I know....

Just an FYI in case......while you watch it you ever happen on anything that makes you go "??!!" )

Tears to Tiara (Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic)

And now my personal random "10 out of 10" pick for today..... Rental Magica (Mystery, Fantasy, Shounen)

If you like your anime served with a heaping helping of pathos: A lot of the Key anime - Clannad, Air, Angel Beats!

If you like things light hearted, some recent ones are Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka, Nichijou, and A+.

More serious/slice of life: Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! (College kid takes over the care of his three young nieces after his sister and her husband disappear in a plane crash).

It all depends on what you like really. Personally some of my favorites would be Trigun, Black Blood Brothers, Hellsing, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Durarara, Cassheren Sins, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, Pumpkin Scissors and many many more.

Some one call a medic AluHellsing is delirious...Cassheren Sins? seriously dude? Its Ok I guess but at the end of every episode I ask if I could have put to better use that last half hour of my life. I usually take that time to make a cup of coffee to liberaly infuse with Irish Wiskey.

Some one call a medic AluHellsing is delirious...Cassheren Sins? seriously dude? Its Ok I guess but at the end of every episode I ask if I could have put to better use that last half hour of my life. I usually take that time to make a cup of coffee to liberaly infuse with Irish Wiskey.