Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lum1n3s

Best...Con...Ever

Honestly I want to thank staff and everyone at the convention for making it such a memorable experience. The panels were great, staff were great and overall everything about the con was top notch. I seriously don't even have a single complaint about it, I can't wait till next year to see how y'all will top yourselves. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I completely agree. This is my fifth Otakon, and as far as I could tell, it was flawless. I noticed the staff were doing their best as well.

... I find it hard to believe, but I have to agree completely. It was my sixth con, and... it was just AMAZINGLY EPIC. They definitely have me as a customer next year, assuming nothing interferes.

I would like to thank all of the staff, gophers, et al. who worked so very hard to put on the convention. We appreciate all that you do excl.png

Well, this is my very first time that I was mostly sick during this con. I caught a mild cold just before I arrived early Friday morning, which got progressively worst as the weekend went on (had to go back to my room mid Saturday evening cause my fever shot up and I could barely walk by that time). I blame it on the lack of sleep I've been having since mid-week.

I've taken some medicine before going to bed and again this morning (the side-effects was drowsiness, unfortunatly).

I manage to stay awake for the first two panels Sunday morning, but went back to the room to take a quick nap, and getting up just in time for the closing ceramony and Con Feedback.

I still manage to have a good time despite me being sick, but I would have had a better time if I wasn't.

Otakon # 20 here I come!

I would like to thank all of the staff, gophers, et al. who worked so very hard to put on the convention. We appreciate all that you do excl.png

My record with Otakon is kind of spotty, I've had some good times, some meh times, and some really lousy times during previous years. THIS year, though? Easily the most fun I've ever had at this convention. And you've already got me psyched up for next year! Well done!

I have to agree. Everything that I attended including two panels and the Arriety movie were well organized. I didn't have issues with any of the lines or while getting directions to the artist alley. The art show went smoothly as well. Thanks guys for putting in the effort to make it a good convention.

Yes, I personally hate posting in the Good, Bad, and Ugly thread as it makes Otakon look real bad, but hey, it's impossible to have a convention this big without having a few issues here and there. Overall, yes, I agree with everyone that posted above me, this year a lot of my gripes from previous years were fixed. Panels started on schedule, lines (inside) were better managed and moved faster, sound/video always worked, and every panel/video I saw at the BCC went great.

Great job, staff and everyone who helped!

I also had a very, very awesome convention. It's a shame I'm not going to be able to be there for Otakon's 20th anniversary, but as I said in another topic, it left me with a good taste in my mouth for when I can manage to do Otakon again.

I could go on and on about all the good stuff that happened, but I'm not sure if this thread is the place for it or not! o.o;

THank you guys, it's good to hear you had a good time! It's for you guys, the fans, that we do this crazy shindig every summer. smile.png

Not being told The Avatar panel was canceled until 5 minutes after it should have started was a minor annoyance. I'm not sure when the staff found out about the host failing to show up. Howver, if they knew for more than 90 minutes, I would have liked to been informed earlier.

Not being told The Avatar panel was canceled until 5 minutes after it should have started was a minor annoyance. I'm not sure when the staff found out about the host failing to show up. Howver, if they knew for more than 90 minutes, I would have liked to been informed earlier.

The panelists didn't show.

I would like to know why there was a PRE REG line until about 4:00PM Friday, didn't effect me at all...I just find it odd that there would be a line that long for people that already registered before the con o_O

I was going to stop going after this year, but this Otakon made me love it again, this was my 6th Otakon and by far my favorite.

Yeah that was quite the bummer from what my friends told me.

90 minutes before the panel was supposed to start the panelists still had not check into panel ops for their panel. Even though we state that you need to check in at least 2 hours before your panel, we gave them an additional 30 minutes. We made attempts to contact the panelists using the contact information that they included on their submission. They were the only Fan panelists to not check in out of all of the panels over the course of the weekend.

We then pulled a panel off of our wait-list, from a prepared panelist who was already presenting other panels over the course of the weekend. We did this so that the room would not go unused. We updated the online and guidebook schedules and I personally walked over with the Access Control person for that room and informed those people waiting in line about the issue. As the panel before it was already underway, I did not interrupt his panel to inform the room (it would not have been fair to that presenter). As soon as he was finished, I made an announcement to the room about the situation and the replacement panel.

I would like to know why there was a PRE REG line until about 4:00PM Friday, didn't effect me at all...I just find it odd that there would be a line that long for people that already registered before the con o_O

Yeah, I would actually like to know about this as well. This was my 4th year and I had two new-goers with me when I told them the line was going to be short since we pre-reged. We arrive and it's massive for hours... I got looks all morning until they got their badges. If it weren't for a random girl telling us another line began, I would been out roasting all day.