Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ananegg

OFFICIAL Otakorp 2012 MATSURI feedback thread

Hello All! I Hope you had a good time at Otakon and our Matsuri!

Please use this thread to provide us with your thoughts, wishes, concerns and even complaints about Otakorp's Matsuri.

As a reminder, please keep to constructive criticism! No flaming or trolling, please.

Dumpster Smell + 100 degree day = bad.

Quite honestly, this year's matsuri was a major disappointment. I hate how it was so close to the dumpsters and the heat didn't make it any better either, the food vendors had little to no variety like it did last year and it was just not very festive in my opinion; last year's matsuri was much better than how it was this past weekend.

The Sound Engineer that was managing the board around 5pm was horrible. Yes. the music should be loud but our table was the farthest one from the stage and we could not even talk with our patrons without getting closer than 6 inches and yelling at the top of our lungs. I really felt bad for the closer tables. A couple of them probably went temporarily deaf.

The Sound Engineer that was managing the board around 5pm was horrible. Yes. the music should be loud but our table was the farthest one from the stage and we could not even talk with our patrons without getting closer than 6 inches and yelling at the top of our lungs. I really felt bad for the closer tables. A couple of them probably went temporarily deaf.

I already sent this in the form of an e-mail, but I'll post it here too.

1.) If the majority of Otakorp members in Baltimore on Thursday are sitting in line until pre-reg badge pick-up starts at 3:30, why have some of the Matsuri acts performed and packed-up before 3:30? Either schedule the East Asian culture-related acts to occur after people have had a chance to pick up their badges, start the pre-reg badge pickup at noon, or DON'T start the Matsuri until 3:30.

2.) Chin Hayama Culture Center was GREAT, it's just a shame that hardly anybody in Otakorp got to see them because of (1.), above.

3.) Based on my impression (I never did a head count), as soon as the first band (Shinsei) finished tuning up and started playing, the parking lot virtually emptied-out because it was just too loud. The progression of acts went something like this: Chin Hayama Dance Troupe (Excellent!), Chin Hayama Taiko Drum Troupe (Excellent!), Shinsei Deathmetal Screaming and Thrash-fest at 180 decibels (No. Just... NO!), DJ Cutman (Pretty good though I didn't recognize any of the songs - I caught people singing along though, so I'm just ignorant), and Hsu-Nami (ALSO loud, but at least the mix was better so you heard something other than the bass and drums).

4.) While I understand Otakon is an East Asian Culture thing and not just about Japan, couldn't we find at least ONE Japanese food vendor to participate? I saw Korean, Thai, and a Pork Wagon. How can you have a matsuri without takoyaki or okonomiyaki? There was yakitori (grilled chicken on a stick), but it was at the Thai vendor and was in a Thai sauce. Close, but no cigar, IMHO.

...people who were waiting in line to pick up badges before pickup started certainly did not have to. There wasn't any reason they couldn't have attended the Matsuri and then gone to get their badges later. ^_^* You didn't need your badge for the matsuri anyhow.

Last year there was a Japanese food truck but I recall reading on the forums that they went out of business >.> and Otakon can't really get food trucks that don't exist...

...people who were waiting in line to pick up badges before pickup started certainly did not have to. There wasn't any reason they couldn't have attended the Matsuri and then gone to get their badges later. happy.png* You didn't need your badge for the matsuri anyhow.

Last year there was a Japanese food truck but I recall reading on the forums that they went out of business >.> and Otakon can't really get food trucks that don't exist...

My girlfriend and I actually did exactly what youjik33 said. We arrived at the hotel at 10:30am, got checked in, carried stuff up and waited around until noon when we went to the Matsuri. We hung around there and played the games/watched the taiko drums and listened to Shinsei. During DJ Cutman's second set we went to Royal farms for a slushie and then grabbed our badges around 5 or so. There was no line, we were in and out in 3 minutes. Then we made it back in time to see Hsu-nami. All in all, it worked out really well. Everyone waiting in line REALLY didn't need to be there. You're just picking up a badge for the next day and it runs all the way until 11. Unless you are on a strict time schedule and have to pick it up at a certain time, then you didn't need to be waiting in line since the morning, much less the previous day.

I just wish they would turned down the music a couple notches. I like loud music, but I also like to hear the music. If the music was at an 11, an 8 or 9 would have sufficed totally.

I LOVED Shinsei!!! They were the whole reason I stayed at the Matsuri for 2.5 hours, despite the heat. My only complaint with them -and really I guess for concerts in general- is that I could almost never hear the vocalist cuz the instruments were so loud... I wanted to see Hsu-Nami, but I made the mistake of going inside the BCC for 2 seconds at 4:30 to get my badge (seriously, I got to just walk straight up to the booth! ^_^), which kinda destroyed all the hard work I had done adjusting to the heat and felt like I was ready to pass out again... (so I went back to my hotel and used the pool instead ^_^)

for the people complaining about the Matsuri times vs pre-reg line: the Matsuri started as an alternative thing to do while waiting for pre-reg badge pickup to start. You have already registered for the con, you are guananteed a badge, and they wont run out of you badge pic choice on Thur, so why kill yourself standing in line for hours in the heat of the Baltimore summer? When the Matsuri officially ends, the badge pickup is still open for another 4 hours...

I LOVED Shinsei!!! They were the whole reason I stayed at the Matsuri for 2.5 hours, despite the heat. My only complaint with them -and really I guess for concerts in general- is that I could almost never hear the vocalist cuz the instruments were so loud... I wanted to see Hsu-Nami, but I made the mistake of going inside the BCC for 2 seconds at 4:30 to get my badge (seriously, I got to just walk straight up to the booth! happy.png), which kinda destroyed all the hard work I had done adjusting to the heat and felt like I was ready to pass out again... (so I went back to my hotel and used the pool instead happy.png)

for the people complaining about the Matsuri times vs pre-reg line: the Matsuri started as an alternative thing to do while waiting for pre-reg badge pickup to start. You have already registered for the con, you are guananteed a badge, and they wont run out of you badge pic choice on Thur, so why kill yourself standing in line for hours in the heat of the Baltimore summer? When the Matsuri officially ends, the badge pickup is still open for another 4 hours...

I could probably hear him slightly better than others cuz I was standing directly in front of the stage, but still...

I tried to buy their cd, but they had run out... :( hopefully I can get a digital copy soon, must remember to ask on facebook...

And after talking a little with Akira, I found out I apparently live like the next town over from them, so hopefully I'll get to see them live again soon :DDD

To be fair, I talked to Scott(The DSL guy working the sound boards) and he said most of the music was only at about 25-30% of what they could do when Shinsei, Dj Cutman and Hsu-nami were playing, so yeah, they coulda really turned it up to 11. But I hear ya, I agree it was a might bit too loud for some of the groups. I think if it was about 15-20%, it would have been better. I think we really blasted out the Taiko Drum group since their booth was right next to the stage and speakers.

Overall though, I was pretty happy how everything went, other than the heat, the dumpsters being right there(I was seriously hoping it wasn't gonna be a problem, but it turned out to be a somewhat major one due to the heat, dunno how we could have avoided that) and the lack of water to drink/sell. We didn't get our delivery that we initially ordered until almost 6pm, at that point it wasn't worth it.

For people who are looking forward to next year's Matsuri, feel free to give more constructive criticism, anything you can give us is helpful, as well as any more musical acts, or types of acts you'd like to see for next year's Matsuri.

ShadowVash - Keep up the good work my friend. The Matsuri was one of my favorite Otakon attractions this year. I think you all made good choices with the bands. I won't make any mentions about the volume again since you already addressed that. I just found it really funny when the bands wanted us all to crowd in around the stage and everyone was like "Nooooooo I want to be able to hear tomorrow T_T". I'm sure DJ Cutman is almost always available for these kinds of things, so I would get him back again if possible.

I only got to try one of the food trucks this year, noodlerama I believe it was? Whichever one had the bulgogi bar. I love Korean BBQ, so when I saw bulgogi on a stick, I jumped at the chance. It tasted really good and now I want to try their other items. I would suggest (depending on space) see if you can get even more asian related food trucks in. As someone else mentioned, it didn't seem like we had a strictly Japanese flair to go along with the places serving Thai and Korean.

The games that were around were pretty fun. I sucked horribly at T-mode's fish scooping game, but redeemed myself with masterful ducky selection skills. Ended up with a little black kitty balloon that I wanted from their prizes. I didn't see that one later on so I guess it was popular!

All in all, it may be blatently obvious but just keep expanding. The amount of musical acts you had was about spot on. 5-6 hours is a long time to stand out in that kind of heat, but it was nice to see them all. More places coming to have games, merchandise to sell, food trucks or just even out there to talk about their particular group (like T-Mode, Magfest, Chin Hamaya). Just more stuff to do in general that keep us occupied. While the performances were on, it was engaging but the in-between parts there felt like a lot of downtime that if you weren't getting food you had only a handful of tables to visit. If you visited most of them once, you didn't need to go again.

You know, I think you guys are doing a fine job with the matsuri, and despite the weather some Otakon goers [explicitive]d over, because most people nowadays always complain too much about squat, I thought it was pretty good...except the fact ya couldn't secure a few more food trucks. Here's a handful of ideas for 2013:

1) If the O's are out of town that Thu. try to relocate back there because it seemed like that was a much better location. If not, look at in front of the M&T Bank stadium.

2) I know some Otakon goers have grown weary of this and especially yours truly...lower the sound so it not only doesn't distract from the festival goers, but the vendors too.

3) How about adding a festival-related workshop or two, e.g. the little dance lesson, it doesn't have to be anything real fancy, but something to set the mood right.

I'll be seeing ya real soon again!

To be fair, I talked to Scott(The DSL guy working the sound boards) and he said most of the music was only at about 25-30% of what they could do when Shinsei, Dj Cutman and Hsu-nami were playing, so yeah, they coulda really turned it up to 11. But I hear ya, I agree it was a might bit too loud for some of the groups. I think if it was about 15-20%, it would have been better. I think we really blasted out the Taiko Drum group since their booth was right next to the stage and speakers.

This was the first Matsuri I've attended and I thought it was great! Myself and a friend considered it an extra day of con-goodness. The only thing that got me was the heat, and really, there's nothing Otakorp can do there. :P I did from time to time notice the garbage smell, but it honestly did not bother me too much as a breeze picked up later in the day to drive away some of the smell.

• Loved love loved the drum performances/dances. My friend and I took part when they asked for volunteers. Good times.

• All the music acts were wonderful. I especially enjoyed DJ Cutman and Hsu Nami. I bought a CD from each. Would love to see Hsu Nami visit Otakon again. I really think its bizarre people are complaining about the volume of the music. This did not bother me at all during the day.

• I visited a few of the booths and loved that they had games to play! Spent a few dollars at the booth that had the fishing and duck game. Got a cute prize.

• I didn't hit up the food vendors except the one that had Thai tea. It was delicious.

So, 5 stars from me! I'd definitely go again. It was great to hang out there while the crazy pre-reg line died down. I went around 7pm to grab my badge and waited maybe 10 minutes at most.

-Lisa

In general, the festival should have things going on that will keep people engaged and staying there for more than 15 mins.

Suggestions for Next Year's Matsuri:

1. The musicals acts are a great idea! Keep doing those and maybe include local area bands, like Geist.

2. In between musical acts have rave music playing, from either the guest DJs or local DJs. Block parties always have music playing nonstop ^_^

3. have various martial arts demos from schools in the area

4. Original Yukata contest, displaying whatever next years theme will be. Winners could receive otakon merchandise.

5. give out tickets when people win at the games. then people can trade in the amount of tickets they have for prizes (otakon merchandise)

6. Reach out to the city food trucks so there's a variety of food at the festival

7. Tanzaku tree: people can take colored paper and write wishes on them then tie them to the tree. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanabata#Sendai_Tanabata_Festival

To address the situation with the Food Trucks. We used a website that lets you plan your event and interested food truck vendors reach out to you and schedule with you for the event. The Jolly Pig and I believe NoodleRolla both contacted us through this website, and both of them are pretty new vendors. I do agree that, despite all the other events going on around town(Orioles game, soccer game, etc) we could have had more variety. We'll work on getting more for next year, but it also depends on the space we're using. We really were cramped for space this year I think, so hopefully next year we can work with a bigger area to provide you all more options.

Yes, NoodleRolla had the Bulgogi, and yes, it was delicious.

As for locations itself, it really depends on a few factors.

One, what else is going on around town that day. The O's being in town presents an issue due to the proximity of the BCC and Camden Yards, so anything like where the Matsuri was last year is almost 100% out.

Two, distance to the Matsuri from the BCC. We have always shot for the Matsuri to be an additional event, aimed at out members after they get their badges on Pre-Reg Thurs, or so that our members don't have to wait in line all day. That being said, proximity to the BCC is essential, as if we make it too far away, people won't go due to not hearing about it, not hearing the music, or not wanting to walk that far. I'd love to put the event in places that are suited for a grandiose type of event like this, such as Rams Head, but I know people won't walk that far from the BCC.

Three, we gotta have the right programming(music acts, vendors, anime clubs and stuff for them to do, etc) so that people want to come to the Matsuri. I think this year was definitely in the right direction, but I'd love to shoot for more of a theme every year if possible. I think this year's variety was really unique, every act seemed to have their own distinct sound and vibe that the crowd really dug, so I'd like to shoot for something just as successful next year. I have some things in mind, some acts I'd like to try for next year that we almost got this year, but it depends on how well our audience would react to them.

Again, let us know what you think and what you wanna see and do, and we'll do our best to make it happen.

In general, the festival should have things going on that will keep people engaged and staying there for more than 15 mins.

Suggestions for Next Year's Matsuri:

1. The musicals acts are a great idea! Keep doing those and maybe include local area bands, like Geist.

2. In between musical acts have rave music playing, from either the guest DJs or local DJs. Block parties always have music playing nonstop happy.png

3. have various martial arts demos from schools in the area

4. Original Yukata contest, displaying whatever next years theme will be. Winners could receive otakon merchandise.

5. give out tickets when people win at the games. then people can trade in the amount of tickets they have for prizes (otakon merchandise)

6. Reach out to the city food trucks so there's a variety of food at the festival

7. Tanzaku tree: people can take colored paper and write wishes on them then tie them to the tree. http://en.wikipedia....nabata_Festival

I really like the Tanzaku Tree idea, that would be a very awesome idea to get our members together and interact with. Once the Matsuri is over, we can put the wishes in the Registration area or somewhere during the con and people can add to it or see what our Matsuri attendees wished for.

Geist was actually one of our backup bands I was seriously considering for this year. I think they are local to Baltimore, or MD at least, and I'd personally love to work with them for something like this, so we'll see what we can do next year.

I totally agree with the nonstop music inbetween acts, hence why I got Dj Cutman and had him fill in beats in between each act. We will continue to do something like this, as most people seemed to enjoy it.

See my last post about the food vendors, but yes, I'd love to have more variety from truck vendors.

Martial Arts demos were something I didn't initially think of this year, but I do agree that, if we have the right space and find the right group, and our legal team gives us the OK, I'd love to do something like that. Personally, i forsee something akin to the opening credits of Avatar: The Last Airbender, I don't know why, but when I think of a martial arts group demonstration, I just see lines of Firebenders spinning around and firebending. Maybe I need to watch less Avatar and more Legend of Korra.

Martial Arts demos were something I didn't initially think of this year, but I do agree that, if we have the right space and find the right group, and our legal team gives us the OK, I'd love to do something like that. Personally, i forsee something akin to the opening credits of Avatar: The Last Airbender, I don't know why, but when I think of a martial arts group demonstration, I just see lines of Firebenders spinning around and firebending. Maybe I need to watch less Avatar and more Legend of Korra.

If Baltimore had a large Japanese supermarket, like Mitsuwa (closest one is in NY/NJ), it can make it somewhat easier to get Japanese vendors as Mitsuwa has a lot of Japanese restaurants inside their food court that does do such things. Not to mention they have their own Matsuri each year. The two largest Asian supermarkets in Baltimore region would be H-mart and Lotte, both are more Korean type. (Great Wall market and Maxim if you go into Rockville, are Chinese markets)

Also in terms of vendors... are you guys only allowing food trucks due to logistics and other legal issues? Or can vendors setup stalls instead? I never seen anything on otakon.com about how to apply to setup your own stall at the Matsuri (for local businesses). I know a lot of the businesses in the surrounding counties that would love to take a fraction of a percent of the money that Otakon infuses into the city. But most of these businesses would be stall types and not a food truck.

Noodlerama and The Jolly Pig were actual food trucks, but Pho set up a stall and operated/cooked from there so I don't see why others couldn't do the same. The key would be ease of setup/breakdown. We pretty much had the parking lot booths broken down an hour after it finished.

There really wasn't a preference to food trucks over food stalls for our vendors, it just worked out that we had 2 trucks and Pho back again. We'll more than likely have Pho Towson and Bar back again next year, because we know the owner pretty well and he loves supporting us, and vice versa. Plus, OMG Thai Tea.

As for other vendors, I didn't even think about getting places like H-Mart or Lotte involved, we'll see what we can do. I really wish we had something around town like this Japanese market that I've been to in Philly, Maido! I believe it was called. Best Okonomiyaki ever. We'll see what we can do, I have a contact with them, maybe they'd like to make the hike down, since they do have some of the specialties and unique qualities that Happy Japan did last year.

We have a Super H Mart here in Fairfax. I wonder if they'd be interested? It's where I purchased my first-ever Pocky. (hmm... Buy the Pocky in bulk from Super H and bring it to a booth at Matsuri... Even at Super H's retail price I STILL could undercut Centerpiece's prices AND make a profit. With the resulting profits I could RULE THE WORLD! BWAHAHAHAhahaha ha erm... <cough>.

ph34r.png

I know there are a lot of asian food markets in the Rockville area (since I live right near there) but also check out places like Ellicott City. They have several as well. When I get Korean BBQ I almost always am going to Honey Pig in Ellicott City. That's not too far from Baltimore.

We have a Super H Mart here in Fairfax. I wonder if they'd be interested? It's where I purchased my first-ever Pocky. (hmm... Buy the Pocky in bulk from Super H and bring it to a booth at Matsuri... Even at Super H's retail price I STILL could undercut Centerpiece's prices AND make a profit. With the resulting profits I could RULE THE WORLD! BWAHAHAHAhahaha ha erm... <cough>.

ph34r.png

Super H mart is the same as H-mart, only difference it is bigger =P H-mart in Ellicott city is much closer than the Fairfax one.

OOH! Another Idea! Break out a few more of those awnings to provide shade for the people in the audience who have trouble with being in the sun. (Not the vampires, though. Let them burn.) The heat and sun were killer this year. If I hadn't thought to bring my treebark boonie hat, I probably would have been taken out by the sun early on. Once the 1st Mariner building started throwing shadows things got better, but there's no guarantee we'll have a nice multi-story building next to where we are next year.

ph34r.png

Super H mart is the same as H-mart, only difference it is bigger =P H-mart in Ellicott city is much closer than the Fairfax one.

Shadow...

On charles street alone there is

JOSS

Geisha house

Two different Thai places

There is a Korean Joint in Charles Village that makes a KILLER bulgolgi. (thier kimchi is storebought and thus meh)

and Lumbini's (an Indiant resturant)

Any one of these places if asked would probably jump at the chance for vendor spot

(Lets not forget 2 different Korean Delis within 3 blocks of Hopkins Place the Old korean lady and the very cute Korean lady who is built like an anime character)

If you need food places ASK.

I talked to at least 3 of these places and they didnt even KNOW about Otakon because con goers never leave the harbor area.

Ok first off, in regards to smell/location.

We were not aware that the dumpsters would end up being as close to everything as they were. We didn't really get a feel for the size of the location till we started setting up, despite scouting it a few times. Also the dumpster was changed that morning and we had hoped that having a new one would cut the smell down. Sadly no such luck.

This year’s location was actually a backup, backup. Our 1st choice was unavailable because of the O's game and our second still being under construction. It did end up being a better choice than our second because of size and visibility.

We'd like to be back at last year’s location next year, but that will depend on MLB. And no, they won’t schedule around us.

Bands, I know some of you didn't like how loud it was, and we'll try to adjust that for next year. We picked who we did because we wanted some variety and because the bands had connections with Asian culture. We'll probably have different acts next year, but I expect us to have the Taiko drummers back.

Food options, it is very hard to find Japanese restaurants that can operate at a festival that serve more than just sushi. I've lived in Baltimore all my life, love Japanese food and would be hard pressed to name more than one Japanese restaurant that was not mainly either a Hibachi or a sushi place. If you know of a Japanese place that can handle remote service, please send me a PM or use the "Contact us" form on the Otakon website. As for H-Mart, they are more Korean than Japanese.

Last year, Happy Japan was there and had a number of Japanese foods, sadly, due to personal reasons, they went out of business. I hope someone steps in and fills the void.

Timing, The Matsuri was planned with a dual purpose, One public outreach to Baltimore so the locals can get a little taste of Otakon and better understand the "weekend all the freaks are here" and Two, to give our members a Free event on Thursday, which doesn't require a membership badge, to get them out of the pre-reg line. Every year we tell people not to wait in line because later there will be no line, so we figured “let’s give them something to do instead of lining up”. Some of my non-staff friends told me that a various points Thursday you could simply walk into the BCC and walk up to a reg desk.

Last year, we ended the Matsuri at 5pm and this year we extended it to 7pm to give more people a chance to get their badges and then come over I have a feeling, that we'll add at least another hour on next year, but don't plan on it till we announce it.

Thank you all for the feedback so far and please keep it coming!

Here are some Japanese street food vendors that were all present at the Sakura Matsuri in DC this year:

Cafe Ima - http://cafeima.com/

Fairfax, VA

Sushi Express - http://sushiexpressdc.net/

Washington, DC

Asia Nine - http://www.asianine.com/home.html

Washington, DC

Hama Sushi - http://www.hama-sushi.com/

Herndon, VA

Here's a link to the food vendors at the Sakura Matsuri - http://www.sakuramatsuri.org/Images/2012/Taste%20of%20Japan%20Page.pdf

Let me say I don't really have a problem with metal bands. After all, I spent my twenties in the Iron Maiden/Metallica/Judas Priest era. Variety is GOOD. It just doesn't need that kind of volume for that venue - ESPECIALLY when one of the featured guests' booth is parked right in front of the left-hand speaker stack.

It was nice even though it was hot, and I destroyed at the fish game XD. I'm just wondering, for the sake of it being a Matsuri Festival and all and maybe taking a couple pages from the D.C. Sakura Matsuri, that maybe more vendors could be assigned? Here's what would be pretty neat.

-Opening a limited number of booths/dealers (via the Otakon website by saying there are X number of spots) who can sell festival merchandise (masks, string balloons, yukata, etc.) and this would give more incentive to those who want to get into the mood of the festival or just spend money on cool looking stuff. :D

-A sign with a list of events and booths, please. When the first half of the group went over early afternoon, they had the pages printed from the website about the musical venues, but so many people around them looked like they were confused as to who was playing when.

-Water will probably save some people next year. If anything, see if Ice Cold Water guy wants to show up and sell some and take photos. People will not collapse from the sun and they'll see a living meme! :3

-Finally, maybe dragging the Matsuri Festival into the evening and getting some decorative lights up would be cool, but not really needed (though a festival basked in the warm glow of paper lanterns is the greatest!). To be honest, 12-2 was alright, 2-6 was deserted from the amount of people checking into their hotels(and it was hot), and when it had finally cooled off, more people showed up. So maybe moving it til later and making it a night event to compliment the afternoon/evening Thursday tag pickup by saying its the:

Otakon Matsuri!

Pick up your badge then celebrate an evening festival compliments of Otakorp!

Enjoy the sights, sounds, and tastes of a Matsuri Festival Baltimore style!

Learn how to do a traditional Japanese dance to the beat of Taiko Drummers!

Enjoy themed games such as Kingyo Sukui (Fish Catching) and Ringer!

Purchase themed masks and yukata and sport your evening best!

Stay up to date and look for our musical groups announced throughout the year!

Or something like that. And maybe make the Matsuri as part of the Guidebook schedule?

Hope this helps :3

We sold water. 2 for a Dollar. wink.png

I'll look into those restaurants, however I don't think many/most will want to drive all the way up to Baltimore from D.C. for a 1 day thing.

I'll look into those restaurants, however I don't think many/most will want to drive all the way up to Baltimore from D.C. for a 1 day thing.

Maybe they could stick around for the rest of the weekend? I remember walking around past midnight Friday night and not being able to find anything open except ice cream trucks. Anyone selling real food after midnight in front of the BCC could make a killing.

Maybe they could stick around for the rest of the weekend? I remember walking around past midnight Friday night and not being able to find anything open except ice cream trucks. Anyone selling real food after midnight in front of the BCC could make a killing.

Off the top of my head, I would guess they've put in a full day and want to get home. A DC food truck staying the whole weekend would cause a logistical problem: 1.) Where are they going to sleep, and 2.) What do they do when they run out of something?

Actually, I thought of something else: Are they going to need a Baltimore City vendor's license?

All food vendor's who don't already have permits for Baltimore City need them. Otakorp(Me) will do the work of getting it though, they just have to pay the $50 fee.

If we could get the life size Gundam, I would do it in a heartbeat. However, I doubt we'd be able to ship it over and back, and rent out space long enough for them to re-construct it. But oh, what kinds of awesome would that be, Baltimore invaded by a Gundam.

Also, I'll soon put up a thread about musical acts you all may want to see at the 2013 Matsuri. I've got a few acts already in mind, and some I have been talking with that seem pretty interested, so feel free to look for that thread and give me your ideas.

Hnnh, I am so bummed that I wasn't able to attend the Matsuri last year! I was really looking forward to it, but the girl who booked our room ended up being really late cause of traffic (we took a bus), so we had to sit around the Days Inn and guard our mass amounts of stuff. I certainly hope to make it next year..Maybe I will wear a cute yukata or something!