Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evaunit01berserk

The hotel cat is out of the bag

as per the otakon facebook

Otakon

Otakon 2013 Hotel block opens Wednesday at Noon! Link will be posted here and on website! (Actual hotels not pictured, but I can dream)

Looking forward to finally get a shot at the Days Inn... last year I got mine way late and only had 3 to choose from. : / And I didn't even get to go OTL

before i get me hopes up, a quick question:

do i actually need to have the money upfront for reserving a hotel through passkey, or am i expecting the money to be withdrawn when i arrive at the hotel?

(noob question, but asking in case i get overexcited over nothing.lol)

Ikano    9

before i get me hopes up, a quick question:

do i actually need to have the money upfront for reserving a hotel through passkey, or am i expecting the money to be withdrawn when i arrive at the hotel?

(noob question, but asking in case i get overexcited over nothing.lol)

You really only need a valid credit card to reserve anything in passkey.

After the passkey reservations are passed on to the hotel's though....it's up to the individual hotels whether or not they charge immediately or until you sign out.....

Fadamor    45

If a hotel actually charged my credit card for services that won't be rendered for almost a year, it would have to be carried on their books as a liability into their next fiscal year. It's easier for them to just have the credit card info and NOT charge until the services actually get rendered. This also avoids the whole issue of refunds for those who cancel in the coming 11 months.

Adv1sor    0

We stayed at the Day's Inn this year. Great service and amenities, (fridge, microwave, coffee maker, spotty but free wireless). The only downside was having to walk outside in the heat. I think, looking far into my financial crystal ball, that I can afford the Hilton again next year and use the walk way.

I heard that the Hilton walk way was closed for part of the con this year. Is this true?

The Days Inn to BCC 'commute' ain't so bad... Google Maps estimate 2 minutes, as it is literally across the street from the con center. Wireless isn't an issue as most ppl in my group have smartphones with hotspots. :)

I've heard that the Hilton and Sheraton skywalks aren't all they're cracked up to be... I don't mind walking like 2 min in the sun. I don't cosplay, though I know that's the concern of many.

Saber-chan    0

Glad I checked the forum this morning! I'm at training all day, but noon is during my lunch break. Hoping to snag Days again :) They've always been a great experience in the past.

Fadamor    45

Speaking as a network administrator with two servers under my "care", I suggest a fun event would be to listen carefully at 11:59 today. If you're lucky, you'll hear an unearthly wail from the Passkey admin team as the Passkey server gets taken to its knees by thousands of computers hitting it at the same time.

Ryouko    0

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about too. I have my internet tethered to my network just in case my wireless decides to flip out like it usually does. Don't want to miss out...

Impatiently (but outwardly patiently) waiting for noon to come on by... I'm taking lunch early to make sure I'm back at my desk by noon to refresh the page until the link comes up. I'm determined to get a room from Days Inn this year.

JBFire    0

Impatiently (but outwardly patiently) waiting for noon to come on by... I'm taking lunch early to make sure I'm back at my desk by noon to refresh the page until the link comes up. I'm determined to get a room from Days Inn this year.

Lum1n3s    49

Well I've stayed at almost all the hotels around the area such as the Radisson, Sheraton, Marriott, as well as the Holiday Inn. I want to check out the Days Inn but I'm no entirely sure as to how the stay would be. Like one of the previous posters mentioned I hear good stuff as well as bad stuff. Can anyone vouch for the Days Inn to see how it is.

Irvette232    5

Out of class for the day. Now i sit and wait...

We stayed at the Day's Inn this year. Great service and amenities, (fridge, microwave, coffee maker, spotty but free wireless). The only downside was having to walk outside in the heat. I think, looking far into my financial crystal ball, that I can afford the Hilton again next year and use the walk way.

I heard that the Hilton walk way was closed for part of the con this year. Is this true?

Saber-chan    0

Well I've stayed at almost all the hotels around the area such as the Radisson, Sheraton, Marriott, as well as the Holiday Inn. I want to check out the Days Inn but I'm no entirely sure as to how the stay would be. Like one of the previous posters mentioned I hear good stuff as well as bad stuff. Can anyone vouch for the Days Inn to see how it is.

Lum1n3s    49

I've stayed at the Days Inn the past 3 years. My group has never had an issue with any of the staff or con goers that stay there. The staff has always been friendly. I know during check-in this year many of the staff members talked to us while getting things to the room. Larry was a humorous and friendly guy, as has been mentioned in another thread. Our floor has always been pretty calm and quiet. I've never had issues with noise keeping me up at night or loud noises in the room next door. Therefore, going to go for Days for the 4th year.

Ryouko    0

After Thursday, the wifi is pretty useless. XD With so many people logged on it becomes incredibly slow. The rooms are small but clean at least. I would not put more than 5 people in a room, unless you want to become extremely friendly. :P The staff is incredibly nice though, and always helpful. Just be warned that elevator waits can be long, unless you want to treck up the stairs.

Saber-chan    0

After Thursday, the wifi is pretty useless. XD With so many people logged on it becomes incredibly slow. The rooms are small but clean at least. I would not put more than 5 people in a room, unless you want to become extremely friendly. tongue.png The staff is incredibly nice though, and always helpful. Just be warned that elevator waits can be long, unless you want to treck up the stairs.

Lum1n3s    49

Hmmm I see and what's normally included in the room?

JBFire    0

This may sound like an incredibly obtuse question but, how are the toilets and showers in the Days Inn rooms?

At the holiday inn, our toilet was incredibly low pressure. Also, I know it's pretty much this way with most hotels, but I can only describe most shower experiences in a hotel as a "trickle" coming out of the shower head.

Saber-chan    0

This may sound like an incredibly obtuse question but, how are the toilets and showers in the Days Inn rooms?

At the holiday inn, our toilet was incredibly low pressure. Also, I know it's pretty much this way with most hotels, but I can only describe most shower experiences in a hotel as a "trickle" coming out of the shower head.

Lum1n3s    49

Wish me luck then we shall be trying to stay at the Days Inn

JBFire    0

Aye, I'm thinking I might try to shoot for the Days Inn as well. I'm still nervous about noisy neighbors, but the amenities of the Holiday inn are all there and it's a better price. OH THE PRESSURE! ><

Lum1n3s    49

Aye, I'm thinking I might try to shoot for the Days Inn as well. I'm still nervous about noisy neighbors, but the amenities of the Holiday inn are all there and it's a better price. OH THE PRESSURE! ><

JBFire    0

Eh I'm sold either way lol I'm aiming for the days inn now

Lum1n3s    49

Eh I'm sold either way lol I'm aiming for the days inn now

AND THE HYPE HAS REACHED ITS CLIMAX

R.I.P Otakon website.

Ayuuria    0

Okay I want to make sure. Days Inn won't charge up front right? Like the moment I make the reservation?