Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KyoKyo

One Year!

KyoKyo    14

ONE YEAR!

Lol, sorry I had to. :P Otakon hasn't been this late in the summer since 2008.

Are you guys getting ready? (I know some of you are)

Mandolin    0

My roommate's birthday is August 10.

The minute we found out the dates I started plotting embarrassing birthday shenanigans.

Shoana    0

I consider the con starting when all the cosplayers and otakus take over inner harbor, which would be Thursday :)

Ikano    9

Three days after Otakon 2012 I started thinking about what I'm cosplaying in 2013.

I started thinking on the Saturday of Otakon 2012 actually laugh.png

skim    0

(Assuming the doors open at 9 a.m. on Friday)

8758 hours until Otakon 2013

KyoKyo    14

(Assuming the doors open at 9 a.m. on Friday)

8758 hours until Otakon 2013

oh snap better start lining up now or we'll never make it in

Fadamor    45

8746 hours to go. Jeeze Louise! I gotta get started on my costume or I'll never make it!

Kirarakim    5

I can't wait of course I will have to make it through a very hard year of full time work and school first. Otakon will really feel like a reward then.

363 DAYS

15 HOURS

31 MINUTES

00 SECONDS (from my countdown thing on my desktop)

: D

Lum1n3s    49

Man lol, and so the countdown begins. These days are going to go by fast just like last year. I'm going to be killin time by going to Ausa as well as Katsucon. Those two cons will def hold me off until the grand daddy of cons.

I already have like fifteen people in my group that are planning on going. Hotels rooms are reserved too. So all that's left to do is save up and stuff.

TadSanchez    0

Man lol, and so the countdown begins. These days are going to go by fast just like last year. I'm going to be killin time by going to Ausa as well as Katsucon. Those two cons will def hold me off until the grand daddy of cons.

Dian    0

Hah! On the last day of Otakon, I told my friend...

"Okay, let's not be sad and say, 'Aww, a whole year until Otakon!' Let's say, 'Omg! Only 12 months!'"

Somehow, that sounds shorter.

Ashallysa    0

I am both overjoyed it is so far away and frustrated about it. Overjoyed in that one of my costumes alone will take a few months to build, but I really want Otakon to come (and for my costumes to suddenly complete themselves magically in my sleep). That and two of the three new ones are going to break the bank....

Can some stranger off the street give me about $1000 bucks (room, ticket, costumes, and spending money) and magic costume making powers and the ability to speed up time now, please?

No? Fine then. I'll go pout at the corner and stare at all the foam, plaster, armor, and assorted costume necessities in the other corner.

joecrouse    0

I blame my lack of a life Sniper.

I have Anime Central in May to be excited for first... Though May and August'll fly by. ^_^

I've already started on one of my costumes. I'm excited since next year will be the first year I can go all three days.

onsenmark    80

Still too soon to add a countdown widget, IMO, so I'll just go with what everyone else says, lol.

Ikano    9

I'd rather start counting down for Otakon at January the earliest.

I'm just looking forward to xmas-season at this point.

Hmmm but cosplay...eyaaah.... I need to think about that when Halloween comes around...

That makes it seem like it's not that far away. I can't wait for this Otakon. It's gonna be super, super awesome. I'm kinda bummed that it's a bit later than the other years, that's a whole 2 weeks-ish more we all have to wait for Otakon~

I can’t wait!!! This year should be just as (if not more) epic as this year’s was :D

cards344    1

I think Otakon 2013 will be the best one yet!

joecrouse    0

10 months to go.

alycewilson    0

This year's date is particularly fortuitous for me, since I'm being called upon to help my family plan a big birthday party for both my mom (who is hitting a big milestone). Of course, Mom's birthday is in July, so it's nice to not have to tell her, "Sorry, Mom. I can't do it. Otakon is that weekend."