Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

musicalbento

hotel booking chances?

This is a bit of an open-ended question (as I'm sure trying to ask now is unnecessary) but what are the chances of Days Inn and/or Holiday Inn creating more Otakon block rooms? I was severely late in reserving (I didn't even know that passkey was available until today and that was through checking the page on a whim) and wanted to know if they would be adding more rooms to the con blocks, I know last year that they seemed to have a surge of rooms being available late in the 2012 year (around March/April I think?) and was wondering whether that was because people dropped out or if they just added more rooms...

Regardless, my overall question is, what are my chances of getting a room at the Days Inn/Holiday Inn now that they're all booked up?

To be honest, 20 percent chance if you check once a week for the days inn, maybe 30 percent for the holiday inn

However, I do scour a bunch of sites once a day using a search prog based on keywords, looking for rooms that people are dropping. While I can't guarantee you I can find a holiday inn/days inn room, its a better chance then 20 percent with how much ground I can cover compared to someone manually checking the 20 or 30 forums and sites that my prog checks in 5 minutes :P

I was watching that surge in rooms last year, it was mostly the hilton and i think the hyatt that became available from room drops because of their higher prices, the cheaper rooms that are under 150 or so, you have to pry them from peoples cold dead hands.

Fadamor    45

Days Inn rooms are $130/night for any type room for Otakon 2013 so yeah, people aren't likely to be giving those up until they absolutely have to (just before July 18). Still if you keep checking on a daily basis, at the LEAST you should be able to find better and closer rooms as the year unwinds. Circumstances are always forcing people to cancel plans - some at the last minute, some farther in advance.

Ikano    9

Personally......unless you stalk the thing like a vulture......I think chances of grabbing Day's Inn for the whole weekend is very unlikely.....

I mean...I only once found an opening "later on" in the year at Days Inn for Thurs night ONLY.......

You still probably have a fairly good chance for Holiday Inn: Inner Harbor though if you check often.....

sanborn7    0

I stalked it a month before the convention this year and picked up a dropped Days Inn reservation after about 4 days. It's not too hard, just need to put in some effort, and have a bit of luck too.

I stalked it a month before the convention this year and picked up a dropped Days Inn reservation after about 4 days. It's not too hard, just need to put in some effort, and have a lot of luck too.