Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loki

Otakorp announces Otakon Vegas

I am still trying but they are being rather persistent w/ the word No.. Getting them to give us a discount w/o any guaranteed segments was difficult, but if you use the the link posted for Otakon to purchase your ticket, even if it isn't at a discount, it helps put us in a better position to ask for discounts to both events.  

I will keep trying for a Otakon Vegas discount though.   

I booked a hotel already and I hope I can make it since it's relatively close to California. Is there any word on AA yet? I really hope it's not a lottery because that will lessen my chances of going.

That we can more than likely do... Just to give an update we are working with two other Airlines to try and get discount codes and are hoping to hear back by the end of the week... 

Is there a dealer room? (reads post 2 above) well ok then!

I wouldn't mind chucking stuff into a van and driving to Vegas from LA.

I actually love Vegas in January: perfect weather, no crowds.

Well, you might have hold-overs from New Years which is on a Wednesday in 2014, that would actually be good for random foot traffic

With highs in January around 55 degrees, I don't think the ICW Guy is going to have many sales in Vegas.

Sorry to say that we're going to pull out on this one for now.

Maybe if things change, but having just come from Otakon 20, 'Vegas is too far to go to chance some last minute changes and line confusions like we saw this past weekend.

With the sport still smarting from the scandal a few years ago, I would think the sumo wrestlers will not be missing any opportunities to drum-up interest in their sport again. Barring another scandal between now and then, I imagine they're a lock to be there. As to whether they alone make the trip to Vegas worthwhile, etou... Sumimasen sore wa chotto...

I must say, the thread is pretty quiet. I might actually get into a panel without having to wait in line! smile.png

This was the perfect reason for me to finally visit Vegas; cosplay and an affordable, memorable trip. I can't wait! I'm dragging a few good friends for their first con as well so...WHOO! Viva Las Vegas! (And Otakon)

I found an excellent reason to come to Vegas (for adults, that is).  Bar crawls.. not just one day, but six days a week!  I'm blitzed right now but had a blast tonight.  Sucks that I'm still on Eastern time and it feels like 4:38 AM, though.  You "kids" with your raves are in for an eye-opener once you get old enough.