Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F00LY

Costume Question

Question

Hello!

My friend wants to cosplay at Otakon Vincent from Catherine who does not wear any clothes but boxers. Is this against Otakon policy?

Thanks for your assistance!

13 answers to this question

You don't want to run around the con center barefoot. Plan for some kind of footwear. You can always remove them for a moment or two to take a photo, then put them back on.

it wouldnt be the most minimalist costume... There was a guy in 2011. that was dressed as the Old Spice guy in just a towel.  Dude if you read this and you are the Old Spice Guy My Mom Said and i quote "OH BABY"

My friend did this cosplay before. he wore a spedo under the boxers to keep it descent and to cover any malfunction if the boxers got caught on something or happened to fall off.

My friend did this cosplay before. he wore a spedo under the boxers to keep it descent and to cover any malfunction if the boxers got caught on something or happened to fall off.

Great idea! Thanks for the help. I will be sure to pass this along as this was the only really worry he had.

I hate to be that guy, but as this is a question of acceptable costumes and related policy, this should be something answered by our access control team.

A Speedo or simply boxer briefs would do the trick as far as preventing a "wardrobe malfunction" under boxer shorts. As far as the REST of the costume (or I guess, the lack of one), going to have to get the staffs' word on that.

Alright thanks! Hopefully a rep will stop by soon. I will toss someone a PM. Thanks for the warning!

Hi!

Here I am, stopping by only a bit late. Sorry about that!

Boxers with a speedo underneath to prevent any accidents should be okay. However, please remember that our convention has many attendees who are very young. While the boxers-and-speedo combo is pretty modest, we might suggest having a shirt handy just in case. (Also, it gets chilly in the BCC sometimes - having a tee or hoodie can be really great.) I also confirm that you do have to have some kind of footwear on - the sandals you mention sound like a great compromise :)

Thank you for asking in advance!

One of my friends went as Boxers!Pip from Hellsing one year and he did the speedo-boxers combination. He also draped a towel over his shoulders to cover his nipples.

One of my friends went as Boxers!Pip from Hellsing one year and he did the speedo-boxers combination. He also draped a towel over his shoulders to cover his nipples.

If you'd be okay on a beach with your grandma, then you're probably okay. We do sometimes ask folks to cover up if people are complaining, but we've had the Old Spice Guy before and we've had many skimpy bikini-type outfits and Felicias. Use common sense when questioning "is this okay?" And as always, we're happy to take a look in Room 333 if you want to stop by. :)