Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dgcosplay

COSPLAY AT THE BEACH EVENT!!!!!!

Hey everyone. I run the largest anime club in the DMV(Washington dc, Maryland, Virginia) area and we are putting together a cosplay at the beach event for the summer. Our group is also responsible for the large pre-reg events on Thursdays before otakon and other events. Originally it was going to be set for June but I'm changing the date. It will be held at a local beach n the Baltimore, MD area. As for dates I'm aiming for July(not the 4th), but many have said I should do it otakon weekend.

So my questions is how many would be interested coming if its otakon weekend?

While that sounds like a fantastic event that I would normally love to go to (especially if it included an end of evening bonfire)...not at all. Between Matsuri and badge pick up on Thursday, the con until 2am each other day, and the terrible heat that occurs every year (while in a cosplay outfit I should have saved for winter), if I have any energy left I normally take a nice and laid-back stroll through the aquarium to top off my weekend. After that, energy has crashed and I'm home sleeping. There is no way I could fit that.

And also, you must remember that a good portion of people are not from this area. They have to travel here and make it back home, many catching planes they scheduled months ago. They have trouble finding the 1st Mariner Arena and its 2 blocks away. I don't think they'd give up parking spots, in effect paying the local garages double when they had to return, to go on a small odessy for a beach party that would have them missing other programming. Really you don't go to beach parties for an hour so they'd be missing a lot.

Not faulting your idea or enthusiasm but that's a date I think would most likey fail.

Substitute "Cosplay" for "Twistin" cool.png

I would consider going if it was during Otakon since I live roughly 6-7 hours away. If it's on the Sunday and not much is going on at Otakon itself, I could possibly bring my girlfriend along and we'd go.

Sounds good. i actually hosted the event a few saturdays ago, but I do want to look into doing one next year during otakon. sunday would probably be the only day to do. i doubt people would want to do it on that saturday. Maybe like a beach bash to close out otakon weekend. i'm also looking to plan a real rave during otakon this year actually.