Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darthy Hooves

Matt Smith Leaving Doctor Who!!

Yesterday, the BBC reported that Matt Smith's Doctor will regenerate into the Twelfth Doctor during the 2013 Doctor Who Christmas Special.

Smith is "my Doctor"; that is, the one who was the Doctor when I first really started getting into the show, and one I feel has played the role very well, despite a few off scripts. Is this a *bit* of a surprise? Yeah, though we all knew this was going to happen soon. He'll be going out with a bang with the 50th and the Christmas special.

I was only up to the fifth season of the "new" Dr. Who series so I only saw just a season with him.  Tennant is still so fresh in my mind, but it seems being the doctor is really a tough job to have both in and out of character.  Especially with all of the crap I read about Christopher Eccleston having a bad experience with the role.  I can tell Smith nailed the part quite well so I'm looking forward to getting back into my brother's Netflix so that I watch all of the episodes that are available.  Anyway, I'm really curious to see who will fill in his shoes.  Maybe a ginger?  xD

But the real question is this is the next Doctor really the 12th or is it the 13th or 14th Doctor for us long time Whovians we all think back to the Brain of Morbius Eps  and have always wonder and now with the shocking or not so shocking news about the Time Wars Doctor we are all left with the question which number is this. Also what happen to him when he re-booted the Unv how does that effect his time line and even the Time War and Time Lock.

Question Question Questions

And those are the questions that don't keep me up at night.  When I saw how insanely long this series was altogether I already knew that I'd never touch the older Dr. Who series.  If the new actor seems legit, it will keep me watching past Smith.  =P

What the hell. I typed a very lengthy reply and it's gone!

I think some very clever girl hacked it out of existence.

Some one I saw online suggested Ian Mckellan.  THAT would be epic.

I'm disappointed that he is leaving so soon. I didn't like Matt Smith's Doctor in the very beginning, but he grew on me. Smith's portrayal started like a fish out of water. The Time Lord that likes humans, but doesn't really "get" them. When this story broke; I was on another board and people were commenting to bring Tennant back. I liked Tennant's run, but Matt Smith had a pretty big void to fill when he left. No easy feat. Tennant's run turned into the mad god towards the end. Smith's run tried to reel the character back in a bit, and have fun with it. A lot more like Tom Baker, where the pendulum would swing between seriousness and comedy. I really thought Smith would be around a lot longer, but maybe it wasn't really his decision. Who knows?

On a side note: The Sonic Screwdriver is getting too powerful again. What can't it do? When was the last episode it wasn't used?

I told a couple actresses I know that they should try out for the part. I see nothing wrong if the next Doctor would be female, or a race other than caucasian.

I told a couple actresses I know that they should try out for the part. I see nothing wrong if the next Doctor would be female, or a race other than caucasian.

It would be cool if the next Doctor could be female or another race.