Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Max Payne

Getting Fit for Otakon!!!(Tips,Goals)

Hi, this year will be my first year at otakon(Yay) and i been training to look more like my character. I wanted to make a fourm to help people that might be trying to get fit, or lose weight by giving tips! Anyone else can join in to help others and you can also share your fitness goals! 

More about me! I been overweight about a year ago, and i decide to change! I started to jog, and i lost over 50lbs of fat. After that i started to learn more about building muscle and so i started bodybuilding. I have got a ton of my friends into working out and in good shape. My current goal - Gain 8 to 12lbs of muscle from a 8 to 12 month bulk. I hope i can help others that want to get fit for Otakon!!(And yourself :D) I bet you can't guess who i'm going to be at otakon! MAHAHAHAHA

I will be legitimately cosplaying PERFECTLY all weekend, as myself, as I am a character in both an anime and a video game. smile.png

I've always wanted to get fit for my cosplays. This will be my 3rd Otakon. This yearns and my friend desided we would get serious about it. To make it challenging and fun and also to help keep us on track we made a bet out of it. Person that loses the most has to buy dinner at Edo sushi. I've been using the smart phone app called " Charity Miles" the keep track of how many miles a day I walk plus the app donates a certain amount for each mile walked to the charity you choose off the list. Since Feb. I've lost 23lbs just by walking drinking only water and watching what I'm eating.. I hope to lose another 15-20 by Otakon. The cosplays I have planned are on my sig.

"Always consult your doctor or physician before beginning any exercise routine."  (Sorry,I just had to throw that in here.)

Uuu, I know a lot of other Otakon goers that try to shape up for the weekend.  Here's one idea I can throw around.  Because of the size of the Otakon, begin able to walk/run long distances for 3-4 days straight is important at least if you want the whole experience, so try to do that a mile or three at least once er twice a week, heck, even throw in some weights like I usually do.  It has helped me a lot & in maintaining some healthy weight yes.

I've always wanted to get fit for my cosplays. This will be my 3rd Otakon. This yearns and my friend desided we would get serious about it. To make it challenging and fun and also to help keep us on track we made a bet out of it. Person that loses the most has to buy dinner at Edo sushi. I've been using the smart phone app called " Charity Miles" the keep track of how many miles a day I walk plus the app donates a certain amount for each mile walked to the charity you choose off the list. Since Feb. I've lost 23lbs just by walking drinking only water and watching what I'm eating.. I hope to lose another 15-20 by Otakon. The cosplays I have planned are on my sig.

"Always consult your doctor or physician before beginning any exercise routine."  (Sorry,I just had to throw that in here.)

Uuu, I know a lot of other Otakon goers that try to shape up for the weekend.  Here's one idea I can throw around.  Because of the size of the Otakon, begin able to walk/run long distances for 3-4 days straight is important at least if you want the whole experience, so try to do that a mile or three at least once er twice a week, heck, even throw in some weights like I usually do.  It has helped me a lot & in maintaining some healthy weight yes.

I started on February 23rd.  Height 6'2", Weight: 235  My current weight is 221 and I've lost 4 inches off my waist. This was obtained through a combination of changes in my diet and moderate exercise at the gym.

The diet changes were McDonalds for lunch and Lean Cuisine and a couple of chicken lunchmeat and cheese sandwiches for dinner.  At McDonalds (yes, for real) my lunch consists of the Chicken and Bacon Premium McWrap with grilled chicken, a Bacon Ranch salad with grilled chicken and Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing instead of the Ranch dressing, a white milk, and a medium diet soda.  I don't eat breakfast, but then I never ate it even back when I was 235 lbs.

Between lunch and dinner I'm eating around 1800 calories for the entire day.

For the exercise, I joined a national gym chain for $10/month with no commitment.  They have a 30-minute workout circuit that alternates weight machines with step platforms.  I do about 5 minutes of stretching, then the 30-minute circuit followed by 20 minutes on a treadmill in heart-rate mode maintaining my heart rate at 85% of my maximum.  Seems to work well for me.

I'm actually a trainer at a gym so even if I wasn't concerned about being in shape for cosplay, I have to be for work.

A big thing I try to drill in people's heads: the number on the scale isn't always going to tell you the truth. Keeping track of inches lost, keeping up with your LBM (lean body mass) and BMI is better than what a scale says.

Crunch time is here for many people, and not just for cosplay. Lots of people want to shed for a vacation. Just remember, dropping a pound (or two) a week is safest. Also be mindful of any injuries you have! If you're doing a workout and it starts to hurt (legit hurt. There's a difference between "AUGH I DON'T WANNA CURL THIS LAST REP NOOO" and "MY ARM IS LEGIT GOING TO FALL OFF AND I WILL DIE.") stop. Injuries are no fun, and aggravated injuries are even worse.

so katsucon which was back in february, i was looking thru pics of myself.  i made the commitment 3-11-13 to get my body back in shape.

Katsu con 2-15-13 i weighed probly over 254 lbs.  my offical weight on 3-11-13 was 253.8 lbs
8833043532_b1557f824f_z.jpg
8833041956_22b7458710_b.jpg

so i devised a diet and exercise plan, supplemented with some of gnc's thermogenics, multivitamins, and rasbery ketone extracts. and green tea supplement.

today i have reached the 50 lb loss mark 203.4 lbs.
8832029540_e430926d4c_b.jpg
8832028676_20d0d704c5_b.jpg
8832570026_a923667fb8_b.jpg
8832576482_ba66b56905_b.jpg

I want to loose about 20 more lbs if possible.

My diet:
Breakfast- 6oz nonfat yogurt, black coffee
10am-1030am - special k protien shake, glass of water
lunch - 6 oz chicken salad, 5 crackers, grapes 3 oz, carrots, 3 oz, apples 3oz, diet bevarage
2pm -330 pm, - special k protien bar (90 cal)
dinner - salad with (chicken, steak, or turkey) low fat dressing, small pc of corn bread, diet bev.
late night snack - slimfast treat bar, 8oz of carbonated flavored water(sugarfree)

Exercise:
after work a 1-1.5 hr walk/run, 45 mins on stationary bike, 30 sit ups, 30 push ups, 6 mins shadowboxing (use of a sauna suit)

continued

Update:  I am now under 200lbs at 197 as of yesterday.
I took a progress pic last night in my batman costume
8954904152_9df4a74d83_h.jpg

8954903196_fa71ed447d_h.jpg

i cut more processed foods.

i plan on another 17lbs.

Thank you for looking.

Keeping track of inches lost, keeping up with your LBM (lean body mass) and BMI is better than what a scale says.

Keeping track of inches lost, keeping up with your LBM (lean body mass) and BMI is better than what a scale says.

Meh.  BMI is just "what a scale says" divided by your height (squared) and then multiplied by 703.  It doesn't take into account anything important like frame size or age.

I agree that someone going to the gym shouldn't concentrate on their weight, because any weight loss is going to be mitigated by muscle mass gain.  You'll lose weight at first, but at some point you'll bottom out and start gaining again due to your improved muscular tone.

I started on February 23rd.  Height 6'2", Weight: 235  My current weight is 221 and I've lost 4 inches off my waist. This was obtained through a combination of changes in my diet and moderate exercise at the gym.

The diet changes were McDonalds for lunch and Lean Cuisine and a couple of chicken lunchmeat and cheese sandwiches for dinner.  At McDonalds (yes, for real) my lunch consists of the Chicken and Bacon Premium McWrap with grilled chicken, a Bacon Ranch salad with grilled chicken and Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing instead of the Ranch dressing, a white milk, and a medium diet soda.  I don't eat breakfast, but then I never ate it even back when I was 235 lbs.

Between lunch and dinner I'm eating around 1800 calories for the entire day.

For the exercise, I joined a national gym chain for $10/month with no commitment.  They have a 30-minute workout circuit that alternates weight machines with step platforms.  I do about 5 minutes of stretching, then the 30-minute circuit followed by 20 minutes on a treadmill in heart-rate mode maintaining my heart rate at 85% of my maximum.  Seems to work well for me.

Meh.  BMI is just "what a scale says" divided by your height (squared) and then multiplied by 703.  It doesn't take into account anything important like frame size or age.

I agree that someone going to the gym shouldn't concentrate on their weight, because any weight loss is going to be mitigated by muscle mass gain.  You'll lose weight at first, but at some point you'll bottom out and start gaining again due to your improved muscular tone.

Another good tip, do cardio after weights. It helps burn more fat. And after a good workout do try to eat something. Protein (eggs!) and fruit (bananas!) help a ton after a workout. And they taste good. :D

The more you know.

You guys are on the right track, keep it up!

I think one obvious tip would be to cut out all the sugar. Right now, I'm trying to limit my conscious sugar intake; I'll have maybe 2 tablespoons or so in my morning iced tea(keep in mind, I'm currently taking my iced tea in a Big Gulp cup), and maybe a can of cola at work for a caffeine boost. And from time to time, I'll have a peppermint just in case I get parched and I can't get away for a drink of water.

As far as exercise for me, sadly, the only time I get any is when I'm walking; I would try running or jogging, but it's rather a bit more high-impact on my poor, abused knees. So it's walking for me -- which is good, because I walk almost everywhere at home, anyway

Nice job tetsuya-x!

I've been working retail for almost two years unloading the truck before the ass-crack of dawn so working out daily is pretty much routine at this point. Despite being small already (5'0", 125lbs.) I'm gonna go ahead and step up my game so I can be in prime condition for some heavy speed walking during the con. I've been getting in 30 minute walks for about three weeks now and already I can feel my muscles getting stronger and my walking speed improving slightly. And my weight has already gone down about 5 lbs. since I started last month (I was around 130lbs. at that time). Just need to avoid the cookies when shopping and keep investing in some decent steak and veggies for dinner every now and then and proteins and fruits for breakfast and snacks.

Nice job tetsuya-x!

I've been working retail for almost two years unloading the truck before the ass-crack of dawn so working out daily is pretty much routine at this point. Despite being small already (5'0", 125lbs.) I'm gonna go ahead and step up my game so I can be in prime condition for some heavy speed walking during the con. I've been getting in 30 minute walks for about three weeks now and already I can feel my muscles getting stronger and my walking speed improving slightly. And my weight has already gone down about 5 lbs. since I started last month (I was around 130lbs. at that time). Just need to avoid the cookies when shopping and keep investing in some decent steak and veggies for dinner every now and then and proteins and fruits for breakfast and snacks.

I think one obvious tip would be to cut out all the sugar. Right now, I'm trying to limit my conscious sugar intake; I'll have maybe 2 tablespoons or so in my morning iced tea(keep in mind, I'm currently taking my iced tea in a Big Gulp cup), and maybe a can of cola at work for a caffeine boost. And from time to time, I'll have a peppermint just in case I get parched and I can't get away for a drink of water.

As far as exercise for me, sadly, the only time I get any is when I'm walking; I would try running or jogging, but it's rather a bit more high-impact on my poor, abused knees. So it's walking for me -- which is good, because I walk almost everywhere at home, anyway

I think one obvious tip would be to cut out all the sugar. Right now, I'm trying to limit my conscious sugar intake; I'll have maybe 2 tablespoons or so in my morning iced tea(keep in mind, I'm currently taking my iced tea in a Big Gulp cup), and maybe a can of cola at work for a caffeine boost. And from time to time, I'll have a peppermint just in case I get parched and I can't get away for a drink of water.

Fructose, Sucrose, and Glucose.  If the ingredients list for something you eat includes one or more of those then you're adding sugars.  That "high-fructose corn syrup" you always hear bad things about is a mixture of fructose and glucose.  Sucrose (a.k.a. "table sugar") is a fructose molecule and a glucose molecule bonded together for "twice the sugary fun!"

You could always do power jogging, where you swing your arms in a more controlled, deliberate movement. That can also help!

I think a better idea is to cut out anything with processed sugar. Soda, cookies, candy, ect. Fruits naturally have sugar in them. If you're looking for a caffeine boost try a cup of green tea or a cup of plain black coffee. Give that a shot once or twice (diving head on into that switch can be hard) and see how you feel. smile.png And drink water. DRINK ALL OF THE WATER! Energy boosts, better skin, regulates your body, ect. Three cheers for water.

I am in this camp also. I do not have a scale, so I'm just basing it off how much easier it is to walk the 1.5-2 miles I do a day. Starting next Thursday, I'll do that twice a day. I'm more interested in not perishing in the gawd awful humidity and heat. I live in a place that generally has nearly zero humidity, so it's quite breath taking (literally) to walk off a plane in into that horrible stuff.

Keep up the good work guys and gals!

I am in this camp also. I do not have a scale, so I'm just basing it off how much easier it is to walk the 1.5-2 miles I do a day. Starting next Thursday, I'll do that twice a day. I'm more interested in not perishing in the gawd awful humidity and heat. I live in a place that generally has nearly zero humidity, so it's quite breath taking (literally) to walk off a plane in into that horrible stuff.

I basically live on the third floor of my townhome.  Instead of a "mancave" I guess it's a "manroost".  When it starts to stay reasonable at night, I close all the 3rd floor vents and leave the windows open.  I don't do this for Otakon so much as to get myself acclimated for football season (I officiate high school games in northern Virginia).  Not needed in October/November, but those scrimmages in August are killer if you spend all Summer in air conditioning.

Keep up the good work, it will pay off! I'm sure you can hit that goal in the amount of time left. Plus you won't be as tired at otakon from all the walking. Good luck! ^^

so katsucon which was back in february, i was looking thru pics of myself.  i made the commitment 3-11-13 to get my body back in shape.

Katsu con 2-15-13 i weighed probly over 254 lbs.  my offical weight on 3-11-13 was 253.8 lbs
8833043532_b1557f824f_z.jpg
8833041956_22b7458710_b.jpg

so i devised a diet and exercise plan, supplemented with some of gnc's thermogenics, multivitamins, and rasbery ketone extracts. and green tea supplement.

today i have reached the 50 lb loss mark 203.4 lbs.
8832029540_e430926d4c_b.jpg
8832028676_20d0d704c5_b.jpg
8832570026_a923667fb8_b.jpg
8832576482_ba66b56905_b.jpg

I want to loose about 20 more lbs if possible.

My diet:
Breakfast- 6oz nonfat yogurt, black coffee
10am-1030am - special k protien shake, glass of water
lunch - 6 oz chicken salad, 5 crackers, grapes 3 oz, carrots, 3 oz, apples 3oz, diet bevarage
2pm -330 pm, - special k protien bar (90 cal)
dinner - salad with (chicken, steak, or turkey) low fat dressing, small pc of corn bread, diet bev.
late night snack - slimfast treat bar, 8oz of carbonated flavored water(sugarfree)

Exercise:
after work a 1-1.5 hr walk/run, 45 mins on stationary bike, 30 sit ups, 30 push ups, 6 mins shadowboxing (use of a sauna suit)

continued

Update:  I am now under 200lbs at 197 as of yesterday.
I took a progress pic last night in my batman costume
8954904152_9df4a74d83_h.jpg

8954903196_fa71ed447d_h.jpg

i cut more processed foods.

i plan on another 17lbs.

Thank you for looking.

I lost 20 lbs about 2 years ago but regained it all back in the meantime...plus some more...(as it was evident when I found out last year that....I kinda broke one of my cosplay outfits I made 2 years ago cuz the weight gain

Must....try....to lose at least....10lbs....otherwise pretty soon all my old cosplays won't fit anymore.... sad.png 

It's a bit harder to do while it's still in the school year (cuz I have to eat larger portions at abnormal times or risk passing out at work from starvation....)....but after this last week of work I'll be going super light on meals again....and have time to 'work out' more regularly....

I lost 20 lbs about 2 years ago but regained it all back in the meantime...plus some more...(as it was evident when I found out last year that....I kinda broke one of my cosplay outfits I made 2 years ago cuz the weight gain

Must....try....to lose at least....10lbs....otherwise pretty soon all my old cosplays won't fit anymore.... sad.png

It's a bit harder to do while it's still in the school year (cuz I have to eat larger portions at abnormal times or risk passing out at work from starvation....)....but after this last week of work I'll be going super light on meals again....and have time to 'work out' more regularly....

SNIP

Holy crap dude that was you as Wild Tiger? You actually managed to lose weight, I remember seeing you around the convention (never approached you) but still omg. Wow you are seriously a motivationer, if you can do it anyone can. You sir deserve an award for losing weight I'm proud of you.

I'm super impressed by what I'm reading (and seeing) here! Fitness should be a life long journey. I know some people who only bust their butts right before a con, but in reality it can take years to get into what a person deems to be "perfect". And don't rely everything you have on the gym. Eating right does so much more for you than how many crunches you can do.

Anyhow. On days I can't workout at work I do this routine at home:http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/fitness_programs_article.aspx?id=2863 . I add some other things in there as well (walking planks, some pilates mat work) and find it to be just as effective. I tend to avoid plyometrics since they are rough on my knees and lower back, so to compensate for cardio at home I walk around my neighborhood.

Sometimes it can be hard to make time, but i would work on a diet first! I would try smaller meals and have it more spread out. Always have a snack on hand so you don't kill your metabolism if you are busy. Just do what you can for your meals and not have them to spread apart. Hope this helps! ^^

Yes I know,

One year I cut off sugar for a month (no sodas or anything that was sweet at all) and didn't do anything else and lost 5 lbs if I recall correctly.

Cutting carbs down can also help too...I used to eat alot of breads/rice but I cut myself off of that stuff (more specifically cut rice altogether --[ OH MY, An asian who DOESN'T eat rice?! I had some people saying] --and rarely eat breads)

a few years back and that made my weight go down too....(unfortunately they've recently returned to my diet as well)

All the beforementioned has been successful for me....and all that^ resulted in rather decent amount of weightloss without putting exercise into the formula yet!

But (as of recently) I'm guilty of not doing what I preached .... I shall blame it on the stress I compiled from work... which tends to tempt me into eating more of the junk food and sweet stuff...

but the plan is that I'll be cutting back to just salad, yogurt, and cereal again once I'm off work for the summer..

I'm kind of new to fitness, on the whole, and it's been harder to stay active since I finished school. I'm trying to trim down a little bit before the con this year, and Fitocracy (in addition to my gym membership) has been a big help in that so far. It's a free service that helps you track your workouts and gives you points to level up, based on a bunch of factors. I'm a fan of the quests, myself...they're a fun way to push yourself.

I recommend it if you're short on motivation, like I was! Getting points for working out appeals to my inner gamer, I think. smile.png

I started getting fit in May with a goal to just get a bit more in shape for Otakon 2013. I'm hoping by next year, I'll have lost a good amount of weight so I can do my dream cosplays. 

Basically what I do is I just changed my eating habits to eating more veggies, fruits, and healthier choices. I will occasionally treat myself to something sweet so I don't go depriving myself, and then go on a huge binge of eating unhealthy foods. I try to run every day, though someday I'll go swimming if the weather is too hot. I've also been doing the 30 day ab challenge. It's worked a little so far! 

I plan on possibly joining Weight Watchers soon as well to help me portion my foods better, and just be able to enjoy what I love while still maintaining a healthy life style. 

Hope to continue this routine of exercise and healthy eating for the rest of my life, and to help me get fitter for a convention. :)

I started getting fit in May with a goal to just get a bit more in shape for Otakon 2013. I'm hoping by next year, I'll have lost a good amount of weight so I can do my dream cosplays.

Basically what I do is I just changed my eating habits to eating more veggies, fruits, and healthier choices. I will occasionally treat myself to something sweet so I don't go depriving myself, and then go on a huge binge of eating unhealthy foods. I try to run every day, though someday I'll go swimming if the weather is too hot. I've also been doing the 30 day ab challenge. It's worked a little so far!

I plan on possibly joining Weight Watchers soon as well to help me portion my foods better, and just be able to enjoy what I love while still maintaining a healthy life style.

Hope to continue this routine of exercise and healthy eating for the rest of my life, and to help me get fitter for a convention. :)

<p>Wow! It looks like people have been doing really well. Great job!<br />

I think this is a great idea for a thread; Ways to get advice, seeing what works for others, or even just having a diet buddy is a great way to stay on track. ^^<br />

<br />

I also have to keep fit for my job. When I was first breaking into the industry, I wasn't taken as seriously because I was a little heavier than the ideal image for this particular industry (especially in Japan.) Sometimes my &quot;dedication&quot; to the job came in to question despite the fact my appearance really had no direct effect on my performance. But, I do agree that fuller figures are not nearly as marketable in my field so I understood the concerns. I was at the highest end of average for my height. Fine by American standards, but not for my particular job in Japan. 25.5 BMI.<br />

I didn't want to the reason for me not getting the job to be because of something dumb like my weight when I knew I could do that job better than anyone else.<br />

DIET TIME YO.<br />

Last fall, I started dieting. At the time I worked three jobs, so for me personally, I couldn't be a whole lot more active than I already was (on my feet all day, Lots of walking, a one hour bike commute&hellip;. I worked too much to do anything else. I didn't have days off.)<br />

For me,&nbsp; I chose straight-up restriction in addition being careful of when I ate what (like at what time and in what order.)<br />

<br />

Before, my main meal had always been dinner. Now it was lunch. I'd never really eaten breakfast (maybe just had tea.) Now I force a granola bar in there at least. &hellip;.Preferably with yogurt but I can't always promise. I went from about 2000 calories a day to 1200 (I don't recommend that for most people though. I'd recommend most people go at about 1500 and increase activity. It works for me because I have more faith in my discipline than in my free time. Also eating only 1200 requires you to be really careful about what you're eating to get the right nutrition.)<br />

<br />

The main things I did were not eating carbs after 3 pm. Dinner was different salads and a protein. And Water. All the water. So much water.<br />

I made sure to always start with the greens, then protein, last carbs. Order matters.<br />

I always had milk at lunch (since it was my highest fat meal and dairy helps you not absorb as much fat&hellip;even though it also has fat. It's a thing, I promise.)<br />

And that did it. 35 pounds later I'm now at a 19.5BMI. Aiming for 18.5. (You don't want to get lower than that. I recommend most people to stay around 20 to be honest, My job is stupid.)<br />

No, that doesn't seem like a ton of weight loss, but I wasn't that big to start with. That's about 31% fat to 19%. Losing weight as you get close to your ideal size, especially when you're already in shape, gets increasingly difficult. You will plateau... A lot of people lose faith and never get off those last 10/15 pounds they imagined. OTLlllllll It's easier to slip into bad habits when it seems hopeless.<br />

<br />

As &quot;GirlswithComics&quot; said earlier, try to aim for only one or two pounds loss a week. More than that is dangerous and might affect your metabolism badly (at the start you might lose a lot of water weight, but you don't want that to continue. As she said, the number isn't really important.)<br />

<br />

I also agree with AngelElli246 about not depriving yourself of things you enjoy entirely. That just sets you up for failure. Either during or after your diet. You need a lifestyle that's sustainable here, not a crash diet.<br />

For instance, as part of my job, I might have business functions or dinners paid for by others/clients/bosses, and you don't just go around refusing to eat that. Especially if alcohol is involved ( I can't not drink when everyone else is. You can limit it to one and nurse that glass of wine for hours, but I'm really not in a position to not drink at times.) Therefore, there are things you can do to make up for it. You can call that a reward and maybe do a few extra laps around the block the next day. One chocolate isn't the ruin of your diet, nor is it an excuse to just be bad the whole day because it doesn't matter as you already blew it. Some people have a cheat day which isn't a bad idea if you don't go bananas. Also eating a different amount of calories than usual can help your body not just adjust to your new intake and make it useless. Eating the same thing all the time is bad no matter how good it is. Mix it up. Nothing is a mistake or irreversible. Social situations exists so incorporate them.<br />

<br />

Those are just what worked for me, but everyone is different. I don't really recommend straight up restriction (you'll need toning anyway) but my point was that even if you have a ridiculous varied schedule, it's not impossible to lose weight ^__^)/<br />

<br />

Good luck!</p>

Hope to continue this routine of exercise and healthy eating for the rest of my life, and to help me get fitter for a convention. smile.png

So minor update i am up to 60 mins of sustained stationary bike.  I added about 20 mins of yoga a day, and switched to more non processed foods.  So today i broke the 190lb mark

9136929446_99bc1381b0_h.jpg

9136928990_565036a2b8_b.jpg

I hope i can atleast get to 175 by otakon.

So minor update i am up to 60 mins of sustained stationary bike.  I added about 20 mins of yoga a day, and switched to more non processed foods.  So today i broke the 190lb mark

9136929446_99bc1381b0_h.jpg

9136928990_565036a2b8_b.jpg

How did you start off this process, can you offer us any tips in terms of what you did from the start to what you're at now?

How did you start off this process, can you offer us any tips in terms of what you did from the start to what you're at now?

I don't need to lose weight necessarily (i only weight 86 lbs as it is) but i do want to actually be in shape and have some definition in my abs, I use to have it but during winter i messed up my knee making it hard to even walk at times and couldnt work out for about 3-4 months so now i want my definition back. my work out plan? do Carameldansen like 3 times a day 5 days a week lol

Here a great website for starters, and most of scooby's videos are for beginners. http://scoobysworkshop.com/              For weight lost- http://scoobysworkshop.com/losing-weight-and-building-6-pack-abs/           

This website should have all the answers to your questions and more! Hope this helps! ^^

Hi, this year will be my first year at otakon(Yay) and i been training to look more like my character. I wanted to make a fourm to help people that might be trying to get fit, or lose weight by giving tips! Anyone else can join in to help others and you can also share your fitness goals! 

More about me! I been overweight about a year ago, and i decide to change! I started to jog, and i lost over 50lbs of fat. After that i started to learn more about building muscle and so i started bodybuilding. I have got a ton of my friends into working out and in good shape. My current goal - Gain 8 to 12lbs of muscle from a 8 to 12 month bulk. I hope i can help others that want to get fit for Otakon!!(And yourself biggrin.png) I bet you can't guess who i'm going to be at otakon! MAHAHAHAHA

It isn't too hard, I guess. I've been hitting the gym for a year and a half (with varying regularity). The only time I've ever had stamina issues at a con was MAGFest back in January, and that wasn't directly because of fitness... I was only a couple weeks removed from a long hospital stay, running on prescription pain meds and not doing too hot. But when I was back at the same hotel for Katsu a month later, I was feeling pretty much peachy.

When I was, ahem, bigger, I cosplayed the Green Ranger many moons, erm, Otakons ago. It probably wasn't the best idea. I was over 210 at my worst at the tail end of 2011, now I'm hanging around 180, but a bit leaner 180 than I used to be. I was 165 late last year, but not for the right reasons (see above).

Might be a little late to offer tips for Otakon, but in general, go on regular jogs, consider some light weight training, and rethink your diet. I've been mostly vegetarian for almost eight years now and, save for things like surprise bacon on my grilled cheese the other day or something or going to Japan (where my knowledge of the language carried me only so far)*, I've been pretty good at sticking to it. Not to say that's what you should do, but just pay more attention to what you're putting in you. Then again, come Otakon, you're probably going to be putting plenty of burritos, sushi, Red Bull and beverages of choice into your system, but still, moderation. Your body will thank you for it.

*I knew enough to know what basashi-nigiri was and that I definitely wanted none of that.

More about me! I been overweight about a year ago, and i decide to change! I started to jog, and i lost over 50lbs of fat. After that i started to learn more about building muscle and so i started bodybuilding. I have got a ton of my friends into working out and in good shape. My current goal - Gain 8 to 12lbs of muscle from a 8 to 12 month bulk. I hope i can help others that want to get fit for Otakon!!(And yourself biggrin.png) I bet you can't guess who i'm going to be at otakon! MAHAHAHAHA

Congrats on losing the 50lbs, not an easy thing to do but keep up the good work, even after this con is over.  Even more important learn what your limits are and try not to overdo (especially since Otakon is a little more than a month away!)

My guess is that you'll be cosplaying Armstrong (Full Metal Alchemist).