Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey all. I was just wondering... what and how many conventions have you attended since you started going? Has it been each year? Have you had to skip a year for some cons?

Here are the cons I've attended since 2009 (my first convention year ever):

2009:Anime Boston / Otakon

2010: Anime Boston / Otakon / New York Comic Con/NY Anime Fest

2011: Anime Boston / Otakon / NYCC/NYAF

2012: Anime Boston / Anime Central / Otakon

2013: Katsucon (attended) / ACen (attended) / Anime Boston (attended) / Otakon (coming up in 5 weeks or so, as we all here know.. Soooo excited!)

Has anyone been to those above listed cons (besides the obvious ofc)? I know Katsucon this year left something to be desired for some, but for what I was able to attend I enjoyed it. I might attend its 20th anniversary, but I dunno yet.

Okay guys.. your turn! lol.

04 Otakon

05 tekko / Otakon

06 wondercon/ tekko / Otakon

07 tekko / Ota/ zenkaikon

08 setsucon/ Katsu /tekko / Ota

09 Ota / zenkaikon

10 tekko /Ota

11 Ota

12 Ota

13 Zenkaikon / Ota coming up

I've only ever been to Otakon because of A: cost reasons and B: all the closest cons tended to be during the school years and any extra money I had went toward said school. But I do attend the free con at my school.

I've only ever been to Otakon because of A: cost reasons and B: all the closest cons tended to be during the school years and any extra money I had went toward said school. But I do attend the free con at my school.

1999: Neko con R (1)

2000-Present: Otakon (13)

2004-Present: Anime Boston (10)

2008: Manga Next (1)

2009: NYAF, AnimeNext, NYCC (3)

2010: Celebration V, NYAF/NYCC (2)

2011: NYAF/NYCC (1)

2012: SDCC, Celebration VI, NYCC

2013: Momocon, Too Many Games, Wizard World NY...so far. I also am attending SDCC and NYCC this year.

Not counting other smaller one day cons and events I attend since I barely remember them. @_@

My very first con was the 2013 Katuscon... it got me so hooked and craving for more so I just had to go to Otakon!  Otakon will be my 2nd and definitely not my last!

04: ODU Minicon, Anime Mid Atlantic, Nekocon

05: Anime Mid Atlantic, Nekocon, Marscon

06:  ODU Minicon, Anime Mid Atlantic, Nekocon

07: ODU Mincon

08: ODU Minicon, Anime Mid Atlantic

09: ODU Minicon

10: ODU Minicon 

11: ODU Minicon, Chibi-con, Otakon, Nekocon

12: ODU Minicon, Brony Beach Minicon, Anime Mid Atlantic, Otakon, Nekocon

13: ODU Minicon, Anime Mid Atlantic, will go to Otakon and Nekocon

So 25 so far, if I had known AMA was 25, I would have celebrated.

Oh god.

I kind of don't want to know (I probably could have bought a car instead) but I guess...

At least like 7 or 8 different cons at....Around 25?

Think of all the manga that could've bought OTLllll

Otakon (10 times? Either 10 or 11 this year.)

Katsucon (3? 4? I think?)

Anime USA (4 or 5?)

Nekocon (2 or 3?)

Sakuracon (2)

Comiket (1)

Yuricon (1, To help a friend)

Chibichibicon (1, but might not count.)

I reeeaaally want to make it to JUMP Festa.

1999: Katsucon 5 (Sat. & Sunday only), Otakon (Friday only)

2000: Otakon (all 3 days)

2001: Otakon (all 3 days)

2002: Otakon (all 3 days)

2003: Otakon (all 3 days)

2004: Otakon (all 3 days)

2005: Otakon (all 3 days)

2006: Otakon (all 3 days)

2007: Otakon (all 3 days), NYAF (all 3 days)

2008: NYAF (all 3 days)

2009: Otakon (all 3 days); NYAF (all 3 days)

2010: NYCC/NYAF (all 3 days)

2011: none due to finances sad.png

2012: none due to finances sad.png

2013: none due to finances sad.png 

2014 (hopefully): Otakon 21 (all 3 days) smile.png

Short answer: Plenty. I am insane.

Long answer, and this may be incomplete...

Otakon: Every year, every day since Sunday of 2004

Katsu: Every year since... 2007?

Anime Mid-Atlantic: 2007, when it was in Richmond

T-Mode: The first two

Power Morphicon (a Power Rangers con): all three thus far in 2007 in downtown LA and 2010/2012 in Pasadena

Balticon: many, for years

Baltimore Comic-Con: same deal

Tigercon: Helped run the first two, transient at the third in 2011, had every intention of going in 2012 then got in an inconvenient car wreck and subsequent hospital stay

Anime Expo: 2007

ACen: 2008

AUSA: Most years since 2007

CollectorCon: The first one, very recently.

MagFest: I want to say the past three.

Actually, not very many...only Ota, Tekko and Zenkaikon so far, and I've only been able to attend the full Otakon weekend in the last couple of years. As my savings increase, so will my con-going abilities. smile.png

The cons I attend on a regular basis are Anime USA, Katsucon, Otakon, Anime Central, and Anime Boston. I'll be attending Anime Weekend Atlanta for the first time this year; may or may not attend there regularly.

Up to this point, I've attended Katsucon, Otakon, and Nekocon regularly(with the exception of a local, one-day con). That's prolly going to change next year, but I'm uncertain as of yet.

My first con was in 2009 so heres the list

2009: Ikatsucon (indiana)

2010: Anime Mid- Atlantic

2011: Anime Mid-Atlantic and Nekocon

2012: Nekocon

2013 : Nekocon , CNUcon and (soon) Otakon

I plan on going to nekocon cnucon and ama for next yr. CNUcon is a mini con that i run at my college and for 2014 will be changing its name to Kigacon. If you want information on it ill be happy to help you. CNUcon is located in VA about 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours south of baltimore

I haven't been to that many. I did Otakon in 2009 and 2012, and will be going again this year. I went to the Origins gaming convention in Columbus, Ohio in 2003 and 2004 to judge the Pokemon TCG National Championships, which lead to me judging at the World Championships in 2004. I went to Philcon (Philadelphia con, not a con for guys named Phil) a while ago, though I don't remember what year.

Otakon is the only one I've been to (2011, 2012, and if nothing else unexpected happens in my life from now until August 8, 2013). Planned on going to other cons in the past, but just couldn't afford it. Was going to go to a cheaper one this year until I realized that it's Otakon's 20th anniversary. Actually, the first year I went, I was looking at all kinds of cons (just started on a whim) and randomly picked Otakon thinking it would only be about a 3rd the size that it actually was....now I don't really want to go anywhere else, lol.

Best count I have is 45.  I do about 3-4 a year.  Mostly anime cons, but I do a comic or gaming con on occasion.

I've attended almost every major convention in the DC Metro area starting with Katsucon 2007. Katsucon, Anime USA, MAGFest, and Otakon. Also a minor con known as T-Mode.

13 for me Otakon from 2002 to 2010, 2013. Anime Matsuri from 2012 til now.

2002 - 2007: Comic Con

2005 - Current: Supanova (Aus con)

2005 - Current: Manifest (Aus con)

2005 - Current: AV con (Aus con)

2006 - 2009: Comiket Japan (1 summer (never again) and rest winter)

2007 Wonder Festival Japan

2008 - 2009: Gencon Australia

2010, 2012: Otakon

2012: Tokyo Anime Fair Japan

2012: Anime Content Expo Japan

Thats about all I think.

I started going to comic cons with my dad when I was around 7/8. I'm 27, so I've been to at least 80 cons over that time. My favorite two are Otakon and Baltimore Comic Con though. :)

Over 50 cons at least. I stopped counting when I hit 48 a few years back.

I've lost count, I've been attending cons for 13 years now. Including Comic Cons, let's see...

2001 - 2003: Otakon each year

2004: Anime Boston, AnimeNEXT, Otakon

2005: Katsucon, Otakon

2006-2008: Otakon each year

2009: Otakon, Zenkaikon

2010: Anime Boston, Otakon

2011: Anime Boston, Zenkaikon, Otakon, NYCC

2012: Kotoricon, Katsucon, Anime Boston, Zenkaikon, Philly Comic Con, Otakon

2013: Katsucon, Zenkaikon, AnimeNEXT, Otakon and will attend Saikoucon and Anime USA

So... 31 by the end of the year.  I love conventions and it helps that I've started volunteering and helping friends in the Artist Alley.  I want to start traveling more and building my vacations around non-east coast cons so I'm hoping to branch out to the Midwest and West Coast soon.

Otakon is the only US-based anime con I've gone to since 2003 and I've yet to miss a year....

The only other con around here I have accesss to is Katsucon and that's always at a weird time of the year --from my viewpoint--

There are some Asia-based anime conventions in the middle of that time span that I have attended but I don't remember what years they were, nor the names....they were more like fairs then anime conventions most of the time anyway.

For me it started with local anime clubs and stuff and mostly the local Motor City Comic Con which I attended at least once a year (it used to be held twice a year), for at least a good 10 years, with family at first, then as I got to be around 16-17, I would take the local public bus and go myself, since most of family by then, didn't want to go anymore. 

But since 2006, I have done the following anime cons, and sorta retired Motor City (mostly cause of past few years its always ended up falling the week before, teh same weekend as or the weekend right after another con)

2006: Youmacon

2007: Anime Central (ACEN), Anime Weekend Atlanta (AWA), Youmacon

2008: ACEN, AWA, Youmacon

2009: ACEN, AWA, Youmacon

2010: ACEN, AWA, Youmacon

2011: Shuto-Con (Con's 1st Year), ACEN (Final ACEN), AWA, Youmacon

2012: Ohayocon (1st Time), Shuto-Con, Colossalcon (1st Time), Otakon (1st Time), AWA, Youmacon

2013: Shuto-Con, Colossalcon

2013 Upcoming: Otakon (Obviously!), AWA, Youmacon

So this coming Otakon marks #26 under my belt for anime cons, though probably close to 40-50 if I include all the years of Motor City Comic Con.

Otakon 2003 - Saturday

Otakon 2004-2012 - All 3 Days (Otakon 2006 - had to miss it at the last minute)

Tigercon 2008

Baltimore Comic-Con 2011 - Both Days

Otakon 2013 - 90% sure I'm attending

My first con ever was Otakon 2004 and for a very long time I only was able to attend Otakon (This will be my 10th!) and since I've started selling at Artist Allies 3 years ago I go to exponentially more every year By the time I get to Otakon I will have attended 10+ this year alone! (gah! so many)

Myself

Otakon: 1994 - 2012 (attended every one so far)

Katsucon: 1996 - 2009 (Stop going once they moved into the Gaylord. Too expensive for what it is IMHO).

ICON: 1994 - 2008, 2010 (Skipped 2009 when they temporarily moved to another campus. Was going to attend this year, but the con was cancelled.) 

AnimEast: 1994 - 95

ShoujoCon: 2000 - 03

AnimeNext: 2002 - 12 (And still counting.)

Onacon: 2005

Big Apple Anime Fest: 2003

New York Comic Con: 2006 - 12 (And still counting.)

New York Anime Fest: 2007 - 11 (Absorbed by NYCC in 2012)

Setsucon - 2007-2013

Otakon - 2007-2012

Zenkaikon 2007-2009 (no 2010 convention) 2011-2013

Tekkoshocon 2009-2010, 2012

New York Comic Con 2010

Jaycon 2011-2013

Anime USA 2011

RocCon PA 2012

Katsucon 2013

Just found my old badges haha. I've only been to 3. :V

AUSA '06

Otakon '09

Katsucon '11

Animazement98  animecentral 99 otakon 2000 animazement 2000 otakon2001 Ichibon con 2010

This year is the start of 10 years of going to four conventions: Otakon, Anime USA and Katsucon. That's 30 cons alone. I am probably somewhere in the 60-70 range. I've lost track somewhere along the way. I do know Otakon is Convention number four of my year so far with at least one more to go.

AnimeNEXT 2007

AnimeNEXT 2008

AnimeNEXT 2009

AnimeNEXT 2010

AnimeNEXT 2011

Otakon 2012

Otakon 2013 - upcoming

I've never been the type to go crazy con hopping all year because I can't afford it.  I'm into some expensive hobbies (collecting jewelry) that take up my funds, but would love to start branching out to other cons if I became able, because I've cut back on jewelry spending.

I'm moving to GA this fall, too, so I'd love to do Dragoncon next year, and also Otakon 2014 if I can travel up there from GA.

I have only been to otakon 2010 - 2012

I have gofered 2011 and 2012. This will be my 4th year attending the con and my 3rd gofering.

Otakon (11 years, 2 of which was gofer and starting staff this year) and got dragged into Tora-Con at RIT when i was studying at UR by my anime club (was my first small anime con... totally different feeling).  However... if there are any in the Pittsburgh area (when i move there for the next 2 years for my PA degree) i might go check them.  But Otakon for life is how i feel right now <3 

Reiina, just remember we are like the United States here. :3

If you leave us for any other con we will charge you with Ota-Treason and block your requests for asylum with other cons. XD

(Too soon to make this joke?) :3

I've only attended Otakon regularly, but last year I also attended Anime Expo and Katsucon.  Hoping to attend AX again next summer ;3

For the sake of cutting costs, Otakon is my only regular convention. attended every year since 2009, so it will be my 5th. Also been to Zenkaikon twice due to proximity, but found it to be not that enjoyable if you don't cosplay. My first con ever was a little one my community college put on years ago. so, 8 conventions unless i'm forgetting something.

My first con ever was Otakon 2011. Followed by..

Anime USA 2011

MAGFest 2012

T-MODE 2012

Otakon 2012

MAGFest 2013

and here comes Otakon 2013 :D

So far, my list is:

Otakon 2010, 2011, 2012 and soon to be 2013

Katsucon 2011, 2012, 2013

Anime USA 2011, 2012

Animazement 2012, 2013

I'm a game design major, so anime is mainly a side hobby for me.  Everytime I try to drop Otakon, I always get begged or convinced to go. My current group seems pretty solid so if I keep my current roomies and the con doesn't burn me out, I'll probably keep going.

09-13 - Otakon

12-13 - MAGFest

12 - Art of Video Games Game Fest (first day of the event had industry guests) 

I plan on hitting up Katsucon next year probably for a day.

And that's about it. I was going to do Video Games Live (not really a con... but w/e) in Virginia last month, but the idea of being outside in the heat compared to seeing a movie with a friend sounded better to me.  ;)

Well my first con was the old Las Vegas SciFi Convention in 1976 since then I've been going to around 10-15 Conventions a year, I've been to 17 of the 20 Otakons and 28 SDCC this was the first year I didn't go to SDCC been to 8 Cons in Japan and a few in England. I stop counting a long time ago if I was going to guess somewhere around 200+

2006: UBCon

2007: UBCon, Otakon, FanEXPO

2008: Katsucon, UBCon

2009: UBCon, Otakon

2010: UBCon, Otakon

2011: UBCon, Anime Central, Otakon

2012: Nashville Anime Day, UBCon, Tora-Con, Otakon

2013: UBCon, Tora-Con

Ru, I just spent the past five minutes googling "UBCon" because University of Baltimore also goes by UB (I attend UB classes but I go to the Rockville campus).  I got sad when I saw it was University of Buffalo... I was hoping my uni had a con because that would've been awesome.  :(

um...yeah...

I lost count several years ago but i'll say i'm probably closing in on triple digits... though thats counting non strictly anime cons (comic, sci-fi/fantasy etc)

starting a business around gamers/anime fans/geek culture means face time all the time.

Refer to my sig below! :3