Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skim

Why is the artist alley sign up lottery?

It really should be juried.

Please change this next year.

Also, I would really appreciate an answer on if I need to be registered for the con to enter pieces into the art show or not. $80 is kind of a lot of money.

The contact us page isn't getting me any answers either. I am not sure how to actually get in touch with otakon staff.

If you sent a message through the contact page recently, at least give them a few days to respond. I think there was a staff meeting this weekend that I'm sure some staffers weren't able to check their emails, and also, sometimes if you direct something to the wrong topic, it may take another day or so for it to be directed to the proper department. Also, being this close to the convention, many inboxes are probably getting swamped and it may a bit for them to reply to your specific question.

Also this has been a debate for years. There are pros and cons to each way the Alley could be filled but they've said that doing it by a jury would need more time, man-power, and money than they could give to it (since they'd have to hire and pay the judges for their time), plus any who didn't get in would call it biased and unfair. 

The Lottery system may be frustrating because it's out of your hands and all left to chance but at least everyone is on a level playing field. 

It really should be juried.

Please change this next year.

Also, I would really appreciate an answer on if I need to be registered for the con to enter pieces into the art show or not. $80 is kind of a lot of money.