Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cards344

Another Anime Convention in the BCC?

Does anyone think that someday another anime convention will grab the open spot at the Baltimore Convention Center?  I like Baltimore and would like to see another anime convention there, since Katsucon has kind of sucked lately and ill be going to DC for Otakon.

I'm sure the BCC is already looking to fill that slot that becomes vacant starting in 2017.  Personally, i think they'll have a hard time if they're going to insist on only giving 6 months availability notice when the BCC renovation gets approved.  Maybe that opening in the schedule will be the start of the renovations, who knows?

I'm sure the BCC is already looking to fill that slot that becomes vacant starting in 2017.  Personally, i think they'll have a hard time if they're going to insist on only giving 6 months availability notice when the BCC renovation gets approved.  Maybe that opening in the schedule will be the start of the renovations, who knows?

When I saw this topic, I thought AAC was coming here after Otakon leaves in 2017 hahaha! There is actually a con called Another Anime Convention (AAC) up in Manchester, NH. They just relocated back there in 2012, but that'd be kind of amusing if it grew to the point of needing a place like the BCC.

Anyways, yeah, it'd be interesting if a new or existing convention took over after Otakon's relocation.