Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secretsauce

Are black females the biggest American K-Pop Fans?

I noticed that many of the American K-pop or Korean culture in general fans I know are black females. Has anyone else noticed this and if so does any know why that is? There is nothing wrong with that. Just curious.

you asked this on the awa boards then gave a suspicious response back when i pointed out its just your region...

Suspicious?

It does come off as somewhat odd.  Doing some googling, I see you've created the same topic on Anime Expo's forum, and allkpop.com.  And with each of these instances, this one topic is the only topic you've created or posted in.  Which begs the question, why would you sign up for 4 or more forums just to ask what seems to be a passing curiousity?  Personally I wouldn't go that length unless I was formally researching something or had some greater goal or intent.

Also, it comes across as somewhat racist in my view.... anyway.... I know quite a few non-black, white caucasian girls/young women that eat, drink, live, and BREATHE K-Pop stuff. On their twitters all they talk about is BIG BANG this, or SNSD that. So, definitely the K-Pop appeal isn't only catching on with black females, though I'm sure there are some that are attracted by it and its fandom. 

It comes across as arrogant: You think the number of people you know constitutes an accurate cross-section of Americans and their tastes - so much so that you're taking the miniscule sampling of the American population that you know and trying to apply their preferences - by race and gender -  to the rest of the country.  Let's just say that the margin of error on your unscientific survey is unacceptably high.

I just found this dude's post on the AX forums. He posts as 'StrangJelly' over there.