Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darthy Hooves

Two Missing Eppies of Doctor Who To Be Released For Sale October 9!ber

Two recently discovered missing episodes of Doctor Who from the Patrick Troughton Second Doctor era are to be released for sale on I-Tunes this week!! The news was announced on the Radio Times website this afternoon!

The announcement by the BBC will be made Thursday around 10:30 am EST about which missing Doctor Who episodes were found & what will be released on iTunes!

The rumors have been around for a while but the whole process has been ...weird. 

I'm looking forward to it, though -- apparently we'll have the episodes needed to complete Web of Fear and Enemy of the World!!!!!

9 found and released on I tunes!

9 episodes. it's only 1 complete (6-ep) story - Enemy of the World - and 3 of hte missing eps of Web of Fear. :)

Still -- the last thing they recovered was in 1991, and that was Tomb of the Cybermen. And there are more to come.

Not a big Dr. Who fan (don't watch TV at all, to be honest), but I found this to be interesting: http://cheezburger.com/7884241152

Not a big Dr. Who fan (don't watch TV at all, to be honest), but I found this to be interesting: http://cheezburger.com/7884241152

Well DUH.

PEOPLE ON JIM'S TIME LORD SUSPECT LIST:

1. Mary Poppins. (Movie version; haven't read the books in eons) 

Evidence: Uses psychic paper variant to obtain employment at the Banks home. Carries personal items in carpet bag that is bigger on the inside.  Speaks fluently with animals. Appears to have convoluted personal history with sometime companion Bert. Dimensional transferrance used to visit another dimension for "Jolly Holliday". Manipulates events and talks in riddles to bring down villainous banker.  Umbrella appears to serve roughly same purpose as sonic screwdriver in many cases.

2. James Bond. (Again, movie version)

Evidence: Adventures span 50 years with little aging and a bit of fudging of the personal history. Appearance seems to change every few years; one bears a striking resemblence to Rassillon. Clever gadgets and cars, tends to hang out with renegade scientists and lovely ladies. Generally allied with, but not part of, benevolent government agency charged with dealing with unusual threats.

3. Santa Claus

Evidence: Appears timeless, but appearance alters every so often; activities span hundreds of years with endless recorded sightings. Undetectable home base. Though tracked officially by NORAD (no, seriously, look it up), tracking points appear to be random and cannot match any known human flight pattern. Sheer enormity of alleged activities requires advanced science, time travel, and "bigger on the inside" technology.