Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfy2005

PCD kicking in

Question

Anybody else getting hit hard by the PCD (aka Post-Convention Depression)? I can't believe it's over already ;_;

24 answers to this question

Yes it hit me as well, especially since I left a little early around 1:30 or so.  I had a 2 hour drive to my parents place and I still need to finish up packing before flying out to my next teaching job.  I kinda wanted to stay for the fan fiction writers workshop.

Yes ;-;

I have a 10 hour drive home in the morning so I will have plenty of time to think about the con.

Got to do some things.  Missed many panels.  Didn't make it to the game room. 

I think I will wait in every line at every rest stop on the way home to get that Otakon feel again.  (joking!tongue.png )

I think I will wait in every line at every rest stop on the way home to get that Otakon feel again.  (joking!tongue.png )

I have a 10 hour drive home in the morning so I will have plenty of time to think about the con.

Got to do some things.  Missed many panels.  Didn't make it to the game room. 

Monday..UGH....monday....

I think I left con an hour earlier than previous years...didn't think I'd be able to feel the difference but now I kinda do....

and summer is almost over now that Otakon has passed sad.png

I'm looking to get a hotel for next year and my friends and I figure we need to attend another major con besides just Otakon which is helping with the PCD. The drive back was beautiful and made me at peace and inspired me to work really hard with school, fitness, and finances so when I come back next year I'll come back and really earn another incredible weekend at Otakon.

Usually, it takes me a couple weeks before I'm hit by PCD (if at all).  Oddly enough, I got PCD around noon on Saturday of the convention.  WTF?

I was hell-bent on making this the last time I would attend Otakon; I had convinced myself that I didn't enjoy anime conventions anymore based on the mediocrity I felt from the last six conventions I've attended.  Hotel issues, waiting in line for six hours on Thursday to pick up my badge, my car overheating and my dog getting sick all before 10am on Friday... lots of compelling reasons why this past weekend should have sucked.

However, the patience of the Otakon staff and the friendliness of 95% of my fellow con-goers made up for quite a bit.  Judging from the lack of excitement and energy relative to previous years, I'm certain I'm not the only one who had fewer than eight hours of sleep total over the course of the weekend.  Yet, despite getting incredibly sore from operating an improperly adjusted camera rig... despite all of this, I found myself having a good time.  It was a nice break from the monotony of every day life, a chance to spend some time with people I'd like to get to know better and away from some toxic relationships that had sullied prior convention experiences.

I tend to be pessimistic in nature, but I'm definitely looking forward to next year and for 2017.

Mine kicked in as soon as I woke up this morning and I realized I wasn't in a hotel room with my con crew.

At least I'm going home tonight to the crap-ton of stuff I got from the dealers room.

Got teary eyed leaving the city, and definitely feeling down here in my regular cubicle...

My sleep schedule is all messed up.  I'm still on Otakon time.  I am trying to keep the spirit alive by watching anime with my husband (Could this really be a zombie?) and with the children I baby sit (Sailor Moon and Digimon).

It is so hard to get back into normal life.  I long for that fantasy world feeling I get from Otakon.....

Started tearing up about 20 minutes after the closing ceremonies. I couldn't get out of bed on Monday...

Basically my year is over now its the dreaded wait till Christmas (Please kill ME I dont think i could handle another Christmas season!!!!) and after mid September its a steady slog of getting up and seeing less and less daylight till by mid November I am getting up its DARK coming home its DARK and I basically dont get to see the Sun. By Christmas I'll be ready to eat both barrels of my shotgun and frequently to drunk to do so.  The only respite is Tiger Con and Ren-Fest. and Possibly the Orioles going to the Playoffs and drinking a lot during Toonami but even Toonami is getting to SUCK now.

Stupid Question, Anyone in the Baltimore/North Eastern MD want to Couch Con I'll Pick up a Big Screen TV Next Paycheck and Ill set up a Streaming Video box and a DVD player to watch some Movies.

I think the worst thing about the PCD that comes around after Otakon is that summer is just about over at that point. The days grow shorter, the weather slowly gets colder, classes begin soon if you're still in school, all the hype you had is just gone and it feels like there's not much to look forward to. I have a local con coming up but obviously it is just so pale in comparison to Otakon. :(

It is so hard to get back into normal life.  I long for that fantasy world feeling I get from Otakon.....

THIS. Everytime I leave Otakon, I feel that big distinction of stepping back into the norm where I'm not surrounded by people who have the same interests and likes as me. sad.png

I thought I was exempt from it this year until about 8 pm last night then it hit me like a sack of bricks. Proving that even if your con isn't the best con ever being at a con is 10X better than being in the real world.

For better or worse it hit me almost a month ago.  The only plus there being it served as an excellent measure to smooth-away any pre-con anticipatory jitters.  Even thinking of it as a gateway to jump-start my vacation just couldn't extinguish the knowledge that while fun, it was going to be over in a flash, after which I would be back to ordinary vacation soon enough, and counting down the days until the next Otakon... viva Las Vegas.

I'm feeling it right now. This year was so hectic... Instead of hitting up dozens of panels like years past I was bouncing between 3 groups of ppl (hotel roommates / Dance group DtP / and some fansubber friends I've known online forever it seems). The con went by so fast. I am sad that it's over, but I know that in 1 short year we'll be doing this all over again! I've already booked my 2BR suite again for next year. w00t.

That PCD hit me as soon as my friends and I split ways in the dealer's room. That hit me hard because I knew I wasn't going to party hard with them in our hotel room until the next convention sad.png. The good thing is we plan on meeting up sometime soon before a con as well trying to possibly attend a convention MUCH sooner than Katsucon like maybe Magfest. To be honest though nothing will ever replicate the feeling of rooming up with some great buds and doing things together at the con *le sigh*.