Hm, is Toshiyuki-san the seiyuu in question? o: If so, that announcement sure came a lot quicker than expected! :P

Anywho, I realize it's probably far too late to make requests for this year, but just a suggestion upon recent research-- what about Susan Dalian? She voiced Haku in Naruto, and she does a damn good job of it! :D Her hometown IS Baltimore, so it'd be pretty neat if y'all could get her!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our guest list is pretty much locked at this point (with a few maybes).  But by all means, continue to make requests -- it all goes into the hopper, and it's fun to see who catches your attention.

Toshiyuki Toyonaga is indeed the seiyu in question -- one of the leads in Durarara.  (If you haven't seen it, it's a pretty good show!)

And yeah, we kinda got our wires crossed there, as I thought we were postponing it until Tuesday because we had some announcements related to registration.

So Toshiyuki-san isn't one of my FAVORITE seiyuu but I do adore him a lot so I'm pleased. Thanks for getting him and I'll be sure to get in line for his autograph.

Are there two more seiyuu to be announced yet (going by Jim's one post on the last page) or just Toshiyuki-san after all?

Very pleased to hear that Toshiyuki Toyonaga is coming this year! Durarara is a favorite of mine so I'll be in his autograph line for sure with my Durarara DVD in hand.

Can't wait for the other announcements as well, especially the musical guests.

Perhaps it's too late for me to make a request, but with 07th Expansion making appearances at both Anime Central and Anime Expo this year, I was hoping maybe it would still be possible to invite the circle (or just Ryukishi07) to Otakon.

Seeing that Cherami Leigh got invited to Anime Expo this year, I guess it pretty much scratches off any possible chance of seeing her as a guest at Otakon this year.  And seeing that they're also bringing in Amanda Miller, Cristina Vee, and Sandy Fox there, I imagine that there's going to be some Sailor Moon stuff going on, just like last year when they were revealed to be the new cast of Viz Media's dub.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but when a guest is invited to one con for a specific promotion, it can't overlap with another con that occurs about 2-3 weeks later, like with Otakon?

Anyways, I'm not really complaining.  Since I already got to meet Cherami at Katsucon back in February.  And I'm really anticipating who the other 5 dub actors are going to be.  Fingers crossed one of them is Bryce Papenbrook!

Not necessarily the case. I know there have been several instances of dub guest overlap between cons. A couple of years ago I actually had a running count of the number of repeat guests between all the cons I attended that year. Vic Mignogna in particular is basically everywhere; he clocked in as a guest at 5 out of 6 cons I attended that year, including both AX and Otakon if memory serves me correctly. I think Christina Vee is another one that has done back-to-back appearances between the two shows as well. You can look up a particular actor's appearances by doing a search for their name on AnimeCons.com.

So yeah, not completely impossible. It all depends on what the companies want to promote and what the actors' particular schedules are.

Shooting for the moon but figured that I would ask. Can we get Ariana Miyamoto as a guest? Especially with our current climate I'd love to get her take in fighting racial prejudice and her take on 'haafu' life in Japan. I definitely wish her luck in the Miss Universe finals. Like I said I know this will probably be a no.

Our guest list is pretty much locked at this point (with a few maybes).  But by all means, continue to make requests -- it all goes into the hopper, and it's fun to see who catches your attention.

How goes with Sunday music guest and seiyuu #3? :)

How goes with Sunday music guest and seiyuu #3? smile.png

I second this. I'm sure once the news comes though, it'll have been well worth the wait.

I'm really hoping for the seiyuu's from Love Live aka μ's to be a musical guest! Please oh please!

Worldwide debut of the movie is in September (with DC being one of the cities) and the mobile game just passed 2 million played in February, this month is the 1 year anniversary of the English Version launch too! 

I would literally wait in line all day to see the show, heck I would even pay extra to see them perform if that was the case. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Greg was to be a guest there, too.  If his group was invited to the Matsuri, then I think it would also confirm him for the con, as well.  At least as far as I think.

You never know. He might only be available on Thursday. It'd sure be nice though- while I prefer Romi Park's performance, he nonetheless does a wonderful job as Kenshin in Sengoku BASARA. Ahhh Lord Kenshin.... ~ <3

Checking the guests for other cons, it does look like Greg will be a Thursday-only thing (with him spending the weekend at AnimeIowa).

Welp, there you go then! :PIf I'm able to make it in on Thursday I'll still bring along something for him to sign and check out the concert. Meant to at Katsucon but my schedule got super full! Never been to an Otakon Matsuri so not sure if it has the same deal goin' on as the DC Matsuri which I seem to remember had the pop culture guests do signings right after they performed.

Seeing that Cherami Leigh got invited to Anime Expo this year, I guess it pretty much scratches off any possible chance of seeing her as a guest at Otakon this year.  And seeing that they're also bringing in Amanda Miller, Cristina Vee, and Sandy Fox there, I imagine that there's going to be some Sailor Moon stuff going on, just like last year when they were revealed to be the new cast of Viz Media's dub.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but when a guest is invited to one con for a specific promotion, it can't overlap with another con that occurs about 2-3 weeks later, like with Otakon?

Anyways, I'm not really complaining.  Since I already got to meet Cherami at Katsucon back in February.  And I'm really anticipating who the other 5 dub actors are going to be.  Fingers crossed one of them is Bryce Papenbrook!

I tend to avoid inviting guests who've been to cons in our region too recently, or who've been to Otakon within the last couple of years. Unless I have a specific reason to do so (such as an industry partner request that they're contributing toward.

BTW, I think the other premier we just got may mean another guest or two....

Well, seems Aniplex is leaning heavily on promoting A.Z, wonder what Funimation and Sentai are up to...

I'm just as curious too. Also, glad that we will be hearing about the Friday act soon enough. May the announce-a-palooza commence!

I know this is really late and all, but how about Mon Marshall (known for various voices of Digimon, Musashi of Brave Fencer Musashi, and Toboe of Wolf's Rain to name a few) and Yoko Kanno again? 

I don't think Otakon's ever had Mona before, but I'd definitely love to see Mona and Yoko Kanno on the guest list!

Brace yourselves for GUEST ANNOUNCE A PALOOZA!!!

I'm releasing the hounds starting today.

Friday musical act guess the guest launches this week.

If these guys are who I think they are, I think a certain promotional company has already "leaked" it at ACen. Might want to check.

Another Aldnoah.Zero guest, this one from the TROYCA side instead of the Aniplex side. Not sure if he's worked on anything I care about, since ANN doesn't even list his Aldnoah.Zero credit. At this rate maybe they'll have the lead English cast and/or dub premiere, now that we know it's getting one.

Well, I submitted my guess for the Friday music act after randomly stumbling through Wikipedia and finding a band description that fit the three main criteria. No idea if I'm actually right though, since I couldn't make any sense out of the haiku at all. Guess we'll see whether my luck from Otakon Vegas holds out.

I'm absolutely overjoyed that we have Hiroyuki Takei coming this year!! Having been a Shaman King fan for a long time I'm really looking forward to meeting him.

Also I'm going to bite the bullet and ask this now, but is it possible that Takei-san will be doing sketches during the autograph session? Just curious so I know whether or not to have a shikishi on me just in case.

I'm absolutely overjoyed that we have Hiroyuki Takei coming this year!! Having been a Shaman King fan for a long time I'm really looking forward to meeting him.

Also I'm going to bite the bullet and ask this now, but is it possible that Takei-san will be doing sketches during the autograph session? Just curious so I know whether or not to have a shikishi on me just in case.

Curious about this as well. One of the cool things about getting artists is that sometimes they draw. Though with the crowds that Otakon typically brings it can be pretty difficult to get anything. But maybe he'll submit a piece to the charity auction?

Edited by Dostovei Illuminas

Since we've gotten quite a few Aldnoah.Zero folks, I wonder it will be possible to bring back Gen Urobuchi for this year.  I think it's very unlikely, but it would be real cool if he got invited to join the Aldnoah folks that got invited, too.

Looks like I might be right about the English cast of Aldnoah.Zero being involved as well, as Sandy Fox is the one English VA confirmed to be in it (including in her bio posted for this). Lex Lang could also be directing it, although it's not uncommon for couples to go to cons together anyway.

Since we've gotten quite a few Aldnoah.Zero folks, I wonder it will be possible to bring back Gen Urobuchi for this year.  I think it's very unlikely, but it would be real cool if he got invited to join the Aldnoah folks that got invited, too.

Urobuchi-san is busy, unfortunately.

Looks like I might be right about the English cast of Aldnoah.Zero being involved as well, as Sandy Fox is the one English VA confirmed to be in it (including in her bio posted for this). Lex Lang could also be directing it, although it's not uncommon for couples to go to cons together anyway.

We actually brought Sandy primarily because of her role as Chibi-usa in Sailor Moon. :)

So: Still to be announced:

Friday Musical Act : Announced tomorrow

Sunday Musical Act: very soon

Couple more US voice actors

Two more directors, probably a few producers (awaiting final confirmation but likely)

One big-name seiyu (seriously, been on the wait list for a while here)

I think we're at 20-odd guests, counting the musical acts as one each....

Urobuchi-san is busy, unfortunately.

We actually brought Sandy primarily because of her role as Chibi-usa in Sailor Moon. smile.png

Oh my goddess, I'm elated you guys are bringing Sandy Fox over, and yes, mainly for the reason she voices Chibi-Usa, but also for her impressive resume.

I was wondering if you guys got any of those "other" guests you teased a couple months back.

Edited by CocoFaerie

Alabaster... You did a excellent job in selecting the guests for Otakon 2015! You did not disappoint at all. Now I'm really considering returning for the 6/7th straight year at Otakon...(like tomorrow, I can't guarantee or promise) You deserve a round of applause and a pat on the back. I can't wait for more good news soon... Thank you for Goku and Vegeta.

I'm just waking up to this announce, and I'm pleasantly shocked!  More, am I right that this is Sean Schemmel's FIRST appearance here at the Otakon?!?!  Wows.  Something tells me getting into those guest panels may require a high enough power level *joke*.

I don't know if the guest list is still locked, but I want to put out the people I would love to see at the con. Me and my friend are planning to go, and we are huge Veronica Taylor Fans! So I would LOVE  to see Veronica Taylor there, so here's what I have:

-Veronica Taylor

-Caitlin Glass

-Vic Mignogna

-Eric Stuart

-Rachel Lilis

I don't know if these were mentioned or not, but that's who I would love to see.

I'm also very impressed with the guests that are already coming. This is incredibly cool!!! You guys are awesome! :D

Well, you have Funimation to thank for them, actually. smile.png

Sorry we had some technical hitches on the announcement front so it went out later than planned.

Now that is interesting, their is only one thing they work on together, oh might you be getting a dub premier? wink.png

I know Otakon's stance on musical guests that are already popular and have done conventions, so I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up that it would be Kalafina... 

Still most excited about Laura Bailey, at least there's someone from my favorite series at Otakon this year. Crossing my fingers for the two other voice actors and "big name" seiyuu... 

Well, got the Friday musical guest guess wrong. Oh well, there's always next time I suppose.

Looks like a cool group, and their music is pretty good from what I've listened to so far. Looking forward to seeing them perform.

Doesn't hurt to list some things~

Musical guests

• Sambomaster
  • Maximum the Hormone 
  • LM.C
  • NoGoD
  • Vistlip
  • fear, and loathing in las vegas
  • Nightmare
  • FLOW
  • UVERworld

Oh, you guys.

So here's the current COMING SOON:

Friday Musical Act:  Guess the guest ASAP next week. Announcement ASAP after that.

US Voice Actors:  3 more. One will surprise you. One will make some people VERY happy. One is mostly known for video game work, but not for long. One contract left to sign and we're good there.

Seiyuu: One. But oh my.  Mwahahah. (waiting for approved bio and updated photo)

Director: 2 more. One is a true veteran who's worked on everything, the other has been really, really prolific for like 10 years now. Very happy with these, now I just need updated bio/photo...

...and like 3 or so more folks....

...and some premieres and special events...

And assuming everything gets in my hands tomorrow, and the web ninjas can pull it off....we'll announce as many as we can next week.

...and then we gotta build the schedule.