I would like to make the same suggestion that SteveUzumaki, and Dostovei said about using the Hyatt Ballroom again, like last year.  I went to that area last year for Wendee Lee's Friday session, and it worked out REALLY well.  And seeing that Romi Park is a very popular Seiyuu, it does make sense to have one of her sessions take place in that area, if not all of them.

And also, assuming that you guys are going to use the Hyatt area again, I would strongly recommend having at least one of Travis and Laura's session take place there, given how big name of guests they are.  And considering how popular Mr. Tatum is, maybe have one of his sessions take place there, too.  Perhaps even Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat, too.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it.

The Garo director was a huge hint.

Kinda thinking that way too once I read her involvement in that show.

If Funi is indeed the one that helped bring Park to Otakon, then they definitely outdid themselves this year with not only her, but also the English voices of Goku and Vegeta (now if only Otakon could have gotten the guests that Japan Expo has in store this year).

I knew it.

The Garo director was a huge hint.

Kinda thinking that way too once I read her involvement in that show.

If Funi is indeed the one that helped bring Park to Otakon, then they definitely outdid themselves this year with not only her, but also the English voices of Goku and Vegeta (now if only Otakon could have gotten the guests that Japan Expo has in store this year).

Funimation brought us Sean and Chris, as their bios state. They weren't involved in any other guests.

Garo is produced by MAPPA, which is Maruyama-san's company.  Those guests came via our good relationship with him.

For Romi Park, we've actually tried to bring her a few other times, but the timing hasn't worked out -- she is after all one of the busiest seiyuu out there.  This year it worked out, and we're very happy about that.

Appreciate the thoughts as to how well the semi-offsite areas worked last year. The feedback is helpful.

Rest assured we are giving plenty of thought to where and how we manage autographs, but bear in mind that the biggest issues involve lining-up space, and there is simply not enough of that to go around. Because y'all are a little crazy. :)

As with the past few years, while the general autograph policy will remain in place, there may be specifics for particular guests that we will alert you to once we've finalized all the schedules and space usage planning.

There's a part of me that will REALLY enjoy having room in DC to consider other options for the autographs area....

So I've never been one to attend concerts, but lawd jesus. Oreskaband made one of my FAVORITE Bleach endings!

So I've never been one to attend concerts, but lawd jesus. Oreskaband made one of my FAVORITE Bleach endings!

I'm VERY happy to see Bryce Papenbrook is coming!  And let me to all one reason why:  I am one of the co-creators and co-admins of his Facebook fan club the Aincrad Cadet Corp.!  And yes, it was created with both the permission, and blessing of Bryce himself!

Here are the links to the group, and page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/539772002799763/

https://www.facebook.com/aincradcadetcorp

I really hope I'll get to meet him next month, along with many others, so Jim- You and your team have done good this year!

This might be something you are still working out, but with Pony Canyon bringing them both over, are Seiji Kishi and Shinji Takamatsu going to be doing a joint signing session or separate ones?

Probably separate as they are promoting separate properties. 

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the schedule has been released, I have a pretty good idea of what I would like to do as far as both autograph sessions, premieres, and panels go.  Though I do have one little query that I wanted to ask- Will there be any autograph sessions for Chris and Sean?

I am aware that all things in the schedule are indeed subject to change between now, and even during the actual event, but Sean and Chris will still autograph sessions like every guests, right?

Any answer that any staff member can give will be much appreciated!

Will there be any autograph sessions for Chris and Sean?

Was wondering the same thing.

Alabaster - Able to shed any light on this? And or what the description of "Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F OFFICIAL" is on the schedule?

Edited by Dreaming Magpie

Will there be any autograph sessions for Chris and Sean?

Was wondering the same thing.

Alabaster - Able to shed any light on this? And or what the description of "Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F OFFICIAL" is on the schedule?

They'll be signing exclusively at the Funimation booth, as they are entirely sponsored by Funimation.  We'll try to post any other info we have.

As for DBZ:  If we got a description, it should be posted into the schedule.  That's the big show-based panel and you can expect them to be at that.

Apologies, folks, it's been a roller coaster as usual and i've spent most of my waking hours at work or doing Otakon stuff, so I've left you high and dry once the guests were announced.

Sorry!