Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jadeduo

Art Exhibit

Question

Hi!

I could not find this in the FAQ, I have a large cel collection and would be willing to exhibit a portion of it at Otakon 2015. Who would I contact, for this?

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

Art Show is a silent art auction, every piece shown is for sale. One of our regulations specifically states that any and all entries into the art show are considered for sale. So your cel collection can absolutely be a part of Art Show 2015, but only if you are planning to sell them.

I think your best option would be to use the HELP function to contact someone in the OtaMuseum 

Best bet is to submit a ticket through our HELP system at desk.com (use the link on the website).  It'll get routed accordingly.

I'm afraid you've hit the fabled dead time, for about a month after the con.  The run up to the con is exhausting, and for us, there's a TON of work that follows as well -- and after that we have elections and budgeting to deal with, as well as kicking things into high gear for Otakon Vegas.

It's also a time when last year's heads of things are busy finalizing their work for the year, and next year's team hasn't been confirmed yet.

Only do this if you are attending and will be able to pick up your art.

I mailed in my art, it wasn't shown and they never sent my art back.  You also might want to check the other thread in about the auction/exhibit before you consider.

I also have had nothing but silence in regards to multiple emails and help desk messages.

LOL no worries I am slated to attend I was catching up on the post about the Art Show that is awful Zhivago best of luck getting your art back!

I actually did a production art show for Mizucon in Miami last year and I am currently putting together one for Anime Paradise in Ft Lauderdale. This is not my personal fan art which I also do but art that was used in making the anime we know and love! I know Otakon is run by volunteers so this was my way of volunteering they just don't seem interested :(

JD

Sorry guys, but things like this take some time to work out. For the past few years we have had art displays related to our guests, and I think the challenge is seeing if we have room for another such display. I'm am sorry people haven't got back to you but that may be because we haven't yet sorted out an answer.

@IcyDay I am not looking to sell, I just want to share my art with fellow fans. As in the interest of preservation most of my pieces are in a climate controlled dark room.

Thanks @alabaster for looking into this, if you guys are unable to secure art from guests and/or find room for a separate showing I have a large amount of production art from Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Saiyuki, Loveless, and a few pieces from Gundam Wing, Utena, and Fullmetal Alchemist.

I was also approved to do the panel on Cel Collecting and the Animation Process, so either way I will be bringing at least one book of art with me. I can arrange to bring more for a show but I will need a couple weeks notice to put things together!

Thanks

Jadeduo

Less than a week and half to go, I'm guessing this is a no go?

If anyone is interested check out my gallery!

Jadeduo.rubberslug.com

Sorry for the shameless plug!

JD

Actually, there's an interesting story I'll tell one day, about this year's gyrations regarding that space. 

@Alabaster wow love to hear it in the meantime I am going to pray they add my panel to guidebook and I will fill one portfolio of art I am planning on showing at the panel if you have problems finding something pm me and we can always work something out for Friday/Saturday

LOL the answer deemed the best answer does not actually answer the question I asked FYI... It makes me sound like I don't know anything about the way Otakon is set up.

You guys are obviously overwhelmed and we are too close to the con for me to get a real answer.

I hope you can get art from some of the guests for an exhibit.

I was basically offering to volunteer in a way that would make it easy for me to participate in the con and still volunteer without tying up the whole weekend.

I had in the beginning of the year sent an email to the help desk it was obviously never forwarded to the correct parties that this would need to be run by! I NEVER got an answer!

This has left a slightly annoyed taste in my mouth, it makes me feel like there is no organization going on over there everything is just willy nilly.