Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TomDent

Experient booking question

Question

I booked a room a while back at the Lord Baltimore through Experient (using the link on Otakon's website) and used my bank card for the deposit (credit card guarantee...where they don't charge you), but I've recently switched banks and closed my old account so that card is no good. I haven't recieved an email or anything telling me my reservation's been cancelled, but do I need to change the card or am I ok? I tried editing my reservation on Experient, but it doesn't give you an option to change your credit card. I did actually email them using the email in the help link, but the response I got said Otakon 2016 in the sender name and said it couldn't be done over email and I had to call. I got a bit worried so before heading down that route, I thought I'd ask here first.

8 answers to this question

No lie, I actually just changed the card number on my Experient reservation today. 

If you call this number 866-229-2386  (it is experient's customer service line) and give the customer service rep your reservation number then you can explain to them that you have a new card number and they can change it for you. - hope this helps...

Cool, thanks guys. I've been told that I'll probably be fine, but I'll try calling the number anyway just to be sure. I'm just afraid that if I leave it as is, then something might come up when the reservations are handed over to the hotels. It still seemed a bit weird that the email I got said Otakon 2016 instead of Otakon 2015.

Call Experient because I actually lost a room just a few days before the con when I canceled the card that I used for the reservation (I was going to use my new card at the hotel when I arrived). It was sheer persistance and luck that I manage to get a room just 2 days before the con.

Lesson: Let Experient or the hotel know of any changes if for some reason you can't use the original card that you made the reservation with. Otherwise, the hotel may just cancel your reservation before you know it.

Yes indeed.  The hotel might make a credit card "hold" transaction before the convention, to ensure that there is enough credit available on the card to cover your commitments, without actually charging the card.

And, if the "hold" does not go through...  Well, that can turn out badly.

Glad for this thread.  My CC was replaced a couple of months ago because it was used illegally for $1600 in pre-paid cell phones (my analysis indicates that my card was part of the Home Depot POS breach), and so I got a new credit card number.  I didn't remember until now that I used that card for the hotel reservation, so I do need to call Experient soon.

It shouldn't be a problem. The hotel front desk will ask you when you check in to provide a credit card for incidentals or if you want to use the card on file, so you can clear it up then.

Cool, thanks guys. I've been told that I'll probably be fine, but I'll try calling the number anyway just to be sure. I'm just afraid that if I leave it as is, then something might come up when the reservations are handed over to the hotels. It still seemed a bit weird that the email I got said Otakon 2016 instead of Otakon 2015.

I was worried about the "hand over" to the hotel as well, thats why I called to be proactive, just in case. 

On a second note that IS really strange about the 2016 email, perhaps if/when you call them, you can ask about that they as well, and see if they can figure out how/why that happened...

Cool, thanks guys. I've been told that I'll probably be fine, but I'll try calling the number anyway just to be sure. I'm just afraid that if I leave it as is, then something might come up when the reservations are handed over to the hotels. 

Call Experient because I actually lost a room just a few days before the con when I canceled the card that I used for the reservation (I was going to use my new card at the hotel when I arrived). It was sheer persistance and luck that I manage to get a room just 2 days before the con.

Lesson: Let Experient or the hotel know of any changes if for some reason you can't use the original card that you made the reservation with. Otherwise, the hotel may just cancel your reservation before you know it.

Forgot to reply back to this thread, but I did call the number Dreaming Magpie mentioned and got everything solved in just a few minutes. I guess I would have been fine up to the date when they hand the reservations over, then who knows what would have happened. I was actually a bit surprised at how quick and easy it was to make the change. Thanks again guys!

No Problem. Glad You Got It Sorted. :)