Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serisent

Looking for the title of an anime

As the subject says, I'm looking for the title of an anime and I have pathetically little information to give.  I might even be conflating two different shows in my head which certainly wouldn't help matters.

All I have are the following facts:

1.  It showed at Otakon sometime in the past ten years.  More likely it showed sometime in the past five.

2.  The main character was a boy who lived with his parents, but his parents didn't physically live there.  They had digital avatars.  The main character was a real boy.

3.  Using digital avatars seemed to be the norm for this world.

4.  There was a rebel group who refused to use digital avatars and also refused to do the whole brainwashing thing that the government had going on.  The main character missed a daily brainwashing thing, too.

5.  The boy met a real girl who escaped from somewhere.  Some kind of religious order, maybe?  And the two of them got involved with the aforementioned rebel group.

I have tried googling just about every different combination of this and found nothing that jogs my memory.  I figured that with all of the people here who love anime, someone might have a better memory than me.  Any thoughts?

That's it!  That's the one!  Thank you so very much!  You have no idea how much it's been bothering me these past few days ever since I remembered it.

I know the feeling. Happy I could help biggrin.png

Heh, when he described it I went, "OH! OH! OH! ... (wait, what was it called again?)" blink.png

Fractale. Yeah that's it.

Heh, when he described it I went, "OH! OH! OH! ... (wait, what was it called again?)" blink.png

Fractale. Yeah that's it.

I did that too, but somehow it popped into my head. That never happens when i'm trying to remember titles for myself lol