Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StarCreator

Tokyo Attack @ Otakon 2015

Just announced over the weekend on their Facebook page, Tokyo Attack (formerly Bemani Invasion) have announced their presence at Otakon's game room, with the following games:

2x DanceDanceRevolution

2x Taiko no Tatsijin

2x pop'n music

2x SOUND VOLTEX

2x jubeat

Music GunGun 2

THE☆BishiBashi

Looks like I'll be in the game room quite a bit more than I was last year...

This will be great!  I hope this works out to be true.

I just saw them this past weekend at AnimeNEXT and they made that game room amazing. Sad there won't be a beatmania IIDX machine though, that was probably the highlight of what they brought.

As far as people wondering what mixes they'll bring- they had the DDR 2013 reboot along with Supernova 2 and Extreme at AN, so I imagine we'll get something similar at Otakon. Probably the 2013 game for sure, I would think?

awww yiiisssss BishiBashi. I played it in japan its super fun.

only thing i don't see on that list is the table flip game and it gives me a sad because i love that game.

only thing i don't see on that list is the table flip game and it gives me a sad because i love that game.

I saw youtube video with that table flip game - it looked so crazy that I became really interested in trying it.  >_<

I'm officially jealous of you Tsuki... I wanna hit up Tokyo so bad it aint funny. Especially Akihabara.... for...obvious... reasons. lol. tongue.png

I just saw them this past weekend at AnimeNEXT and they made that game room amazing. Sad there won't be a beatmania IIDX machine though, that was probably the highlight of what they brought.

As far as people wondering what mixes they'll bring- they had the DDR 2013 reboot along with Supernova 2 and Extreme at AN, so I imagine we'll get something similar at Otakon. Probably the 2013 game for sure, I would think?

I really hope they do have an Extreme machine... anything past that (incl Super Nova series) I think sucks... >_>

I really hope they do have an Extreme machine... anything past that (incl Super Nova series) I think sucks... >_>

They should have you covered if they're bringing both machines, but what's wrong with modern DDR? I have a lot of fun with it, and knowing how rare the newer DDR Tokyo Attack has is, I think it would be silly to pass up the chance to play it in favor of a 13 year old game you can play anywhere.

They should have you covered if they're bringing both machines, but what's wrong with modern DDR? I have a lot of fun with it, and knowing how rare the newer DDR Tokyo Attack has is, I think it would be silly to pass up the chance to play it in favor of a 13 year old game you can play anywhere.

Okay... I'll give it a shot...

There was a place in OH i went to that had a newer DDR cab and extreme. Extreme has more songs by far then the other one. And that other one (i forget which version) didnt just have a small song selection but it was a terrible song selection.

I'm officially jealous of you Tsuki... I wanna hit up Tokyo so bad it aint funny. Especially Akihabara.... for...obvious... reasons. lol. tongue.png

I went a long time ago in spring of 2011. And i will probably never go back unless i win money because flights have not been affordable ever. (i got lucky when i went)

Kinda sad they're not bringing ID7 but this is incredible news. I've been wanting Bemani Invasion to come to Otakon for years.

Kinda sad they're not bringing ID7 but this is incredible news. I've been wanting Bemani Invasion to come to Otakon for years.

Funny you say that... Tokyo Attack just announced the lineup has expanded:

SOUND VOLTEX (2 Cabinets!)

beatmania IIDX

pop'n music (2 Cabinets!)

jubeat (3 Cabinets!)

DanceDanceRevolution

Initial D Arcade Stage 7 AAX (Dual cabinet)

Taiko no Tatsujin (2 Cabinets!)

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme / In The Groove

Pump it Up PRIME / Infinity

Cho Chabudai Gaeshi! (Super Table-Flip!)

THE☆BishiBashi

Future Tom Tom

Dariusburst Another Chronicle EX

Music GunGun! 2

DanceManiax 2nd Mix J-Append

DJMAX Technika 3

Fighting Climax (head to head cabinets!)

I can't edit the first post with the now-expanded roster; can someone with admin privileges do so?

Funny you say that... Tokyo Attack just announced the lineup has expanded:

SOUND VOLTEX (2 Cabinets!)

beatmania IIDX

pop'n music (2 Cabinets!)

jubeat (3 Cabinets!)

DanceDanceRevolution

Initial D Arcade Stage 7 AAX (Dual cabinet)

Taiko no Tatsujin (2 Cabinets!)

Dance Dance Revolution Extreme / In The Groove

Pump it Up PRIME / Infinity

Cho Chabudai Gaeshi! (Super Table-Flip!)

THE☆BishiBashi

Future Tom Tom

Dariusburst Another Chronicle EX

Music GunGun! 2

DanceManiax 2nd Mix J-Append

DJMAX Technika 3

Fighting Climax (head to head cabinets!)

I can't edit the first post with the now-expanded roster; can someone with admin privileges do so?

Literally just came here to say that. The hype is so friggin' real.

Here's to hoping they'll impose their usual rules instead of conforming to the rest of the game room's "king of the hill" nonsense. I don't feel like getting stomped by some B1 pro at ID7 when I just wanna play the story.

SUPER TABLE FLIP (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Literally just came here to say that. The hype is so friggin' real.

Here's to hoping they'll impose their usual rules instead of conforming to the rest of the game room's "king of the hill" nonsense. I don't feel like getting stomped by some B1 pro at ID7 when I just wanna play the story.

Using our old account because the new one hasn't been approved yet D:

All of our games will be set to single game no continues EXCEPT Fighting Climax which as a fighting game we will allow King of the Hill. IDv7 will be set to no continues single stage. We understand that a lot of people want to go up and play against their friends, and that if someone has a fully tuned card they can basically just sit their all day, and that isn't fair. 

We highly suggest talking to your line partner and finding out if they want to race or if they also want story mode. You may find some great matches! But we will not force head-to-head.

SUPER TABLE FLIP (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

This emoticon is all my feels right now!

You know, I've been wanting to try Super Table Flip myself.  For Fighting Climax, that's Dengeki Bunko FIghting Climax yes?

All of our games will be set to single game no continues EXCEPT Fighting Climax which as a fighting game we will allow King of the Hill. IDv7 will be set to no continues single stage. We understand that a lot of people want to go up and play against their friends, and that if someone has a fully tuned card they can basically just sit their all day, and that isn't fair. 

We highly suggest talking to your line partner and finding out if they want to race or if they also want story mode. You may find some great matches! But we will not force head-to-head.

Thank you, this is great news. I had a fantastic time at AnimeNEXT, everyone I played ID7 with was open to playing 2v2 story mode as opposed to smoking my poor little E2 GT-R in versus. You guys run a real tight ship, I was more worried about the certain other parts of Otakon's video gaming that seem to run rampant with lack of etiquette.

You know, I've been wanting to try Super Table Flip myself.  For Fighting Climax, that's Dengeki Bunko FIghting Climax yes?

Yes!

Thank you, this is great news. I had a fantastic time at AnimeNEXT, everyone I played ID7 with was open to playing 2v2 story mode as opposed to smoking my poor little E2 GT-R in versus. You guys run a real tight ship, I was more worried about the certain other parts of Otakon's video gaming that seem to run rampant with lack of etiquette.

Thanks for the kind words, I think you'll really enjoy seeing our full lineup!

WorldisYours, I've actually yet to try a proper BeatMania machine... they've always either been super occupied the entire weekend at the con I'd see it at, or I've only played it via a MAME ROM unofficially... this should be interesting. xD

TA: are your IIDX machines coin-op? or are they gonna be on free-play like your DDR machines have been in the past? Are any of your machines coin-op for that matter?  I can't remember since it's been a whille since you guys've exhibited at Otakon. xD

everythings on FP

Okay... that's what I thought/remembered... Up at Anime Central they run a more traditional "arcade" and it's all coin-op....

My biggest regret about skipping Otakon this year was missing out on this. Tokyo Attack, please return next year!