I Have Not Received My Badge In the Mail!

There will be a separate line for "Badge Services", who are the department who will be handling any issues with the mailing.

Poshul - Do you know if any of us will get our badges mailed at this point?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The badges started being mailed last week. At this point we are waiting on tracking info, so we can get that to you.

The badges started being mailed last week. At this point we are waiting on tracking info, so we can get that to you.

Does this mean we should be on the look-out for our badges to arrive? 

Just an honest inquiry here (not trying to hastle) - I am confused how some badges can be on their way and not have tracking information?  Don't packages through USPS get their tacking number as soon as they are sent?

Just an honest inquiry here (not trying to hastle) - I am confused how some badges can be on their way and not have tracking information?  Don't packages through USPS get their tacking number as soon as they are sent?

To clarify, we are waiting to get a copy of the tracking information from our vendor, in a file that links membership IDs with corresponding tracking #s. So yes, USPS does provide you with a tracking number the moment you send it, but what we are waiting for is a more extensive breakdown so that we can update all of your member info with the right tracking numbers.

Edited by Dallas

To clarify, we are waiting to get a copy of the tracking information from our vendor, in a file that links membership IDs with corresponding tracking #s.

Oh okay, I did not realize that there was another company involved.  That makes sense. 

Is there any idea of when we will be getting tracking numbers?

Oh okay, I did not realize that there was another company involved.  That makes sense. 

Is there any idea of when we will be getting tracking numbers?

We expect to have them very soon; once we have them and begin updating people's member info, we can provide more of an update.

I can't even imagine how long that would take... literally thousands of tracking numbers having to be linked and inputted into their corresponding member profiles wacko.png This ain't magic, people!

Edited by Otaku Ru

I can't even imagine how long that would take... literally thousands of tracking numbers having to be linked and inputted into their corresponding member profiles wacko.png This ain't magic, people!

Heh, well the plan is for the data to be in a format that we can more easily import it into our database. Hopefully that goes as planned and no one has to manually update each profile. wink.png

Edited by Dallas

I can't even imagine how long that would take... literally thousands of tracking numbers having to be linked an inputted into their corresponding member profiles wacko.png This ain't magic, people!

Heh, well the plan is for the data to be in a format that we can more easily import it into our database. Hopefully that goes as planned and no one has to manually update each profile. wink.png

Can I ask - what part of the member area of the website are the tracking numbers going to be posted?

I can't even imagine how long that would take... literally thousands of tracking numbers having to be linked an inputted into their corresponding member profiles wacko.png This ain't magic, people!

Can I ask - what part of the member area of the website are the tracking numbers going to be posted?

As I don't have a standard member login, I'm not entirely certain, but I believe it is supposed to eventually be shown on your account/profile info page. I'll try to get specific directions  included with our update when we start importing them.

After you log in, on the sidebar of the main website click on "View Membership History." The tracking info for your badge will be listed with your registration info for Otakon 2015.

3jyfdJP.png

This is directed to Mr. Wein who has kindly posted here, or any other staff who can help. This is in regards to the badges.  I sent an email to the Otakon info desk over a week ago, and again yesterday. In short, the badges are supposed to be mailed, which I signed my friend and I up for. Despite being charged for both badges w/mail options, only she is showing as Active, my account is showing inactive. We're a little over 2 weeks out, I know you're busy and its crunch time, but I have grave concern I'm not going to get a badge despite paying for it. Her receipt shows my name, my address and the instructions I left to deliver the badge to my address, again mine shows blank. I  have the date of the registration, the banking statement showing the charges, and I would very much like to know that this is going to be resolved before we leave for the convention. I have included my phone number with all 3 emails, I would greatly appreciate either a call or an email as soon as is possible. Not having a phone number for Otakon anymore is a very frustrating roadblock for members with issues such as this. 

Again, I understand its crunch time for staff and I appreciate that fact, but its been going on 2 weeks since I discovered the issue, contacted Otakon with no response. Please escalate this request to whomever is in charge of registration. Thank you very much in advance!

Can anybody remind me again why Otakon decided to wait until so close to the convention to mail badge? I recall it had something to do with countering the fake badges. If so, I cannot help but feel like the majority of us was punished for a minority of people.

One would think that as this is the first time mailing badge option is available, Otakon should have allowed more time to deal with potential loss / late issue.

Any thoughts?

Can anybody remind me again why Otakon decided to wait until so close to the convention to mail badge? I recall it had something to do with countering the fake badges. If so, I cannot help but feel like the majority of us was punished for a minority of people.

One would think that as this is the first time mailing badge option is available, Otakon should have allowed more time to deal with potential loss / late issue.

Any thoughts?

As long as you get it, are you really being punished?

And yes, the earlier the badges get into peoples hands, the more time counterfeiters have to make fakes.

We either deal with lost badges in mail with shipping close to con, or deal with lost badges in mail plus more people losing/misplacing badges at home if we mailed earlier before con, which as stated would also give counterfeiters more time to replicate fakes. There's always going to be some case-by-case stuff we need to deal with, and we'll handle it accordingly.

Edited by Dallas

---Logs in.. checks... YOP!  No Tracking numbers... Why am I not surprised? I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and die from NOT surprise!

The key issue still is,,, WHERE ARE THE TRACKING NUMBERS ....

We have computers that handle huge amounts of graphic data to play fancy looking video games and display 1080p blue ray and most home PCs have TB hard drives and GB of ram, not to mention multi core CPUs.

even an outdated 10 year old PC can crunch the data of 10k tracking numbers in under an hour and a newish on in seconds w/o breaking a sweat.

So I REALLY do not get the issue here ,, it completely escapes me.

you are you using (used) a shipping firm to get them out... are they completely incompetent? They should have known what kind of data you needed back ... why is this so hard?

A friend of mine also got theirs today so that relieves me to know that they are definitely on the way. c: I'm really not concerned with getting a tracking number, especially if they  used USPS because 8/10 times they don't update very well. They always seem to be a bit slow, if they update at all. I have had plenty of packages sent to me with tracking numbers ( all different priorities ) and USPS didn't update until /after/ it was signed and delivered.

We received the first batch of tracking numbers back from the firm today; our volunteer web team staff plan to import the data to our site this evening after they are home from their real life jobs.

I'm not sure how technical specs of modern computers are relevant; there are some things that just take time.

We appreciate everyone's patience, in the meantime. Glad to hear they are starting to show up in people's mailboxes.

Edited by Dallas

Yeah, I agree with marii. My friends said it was in their mailbox. They didn't even have to sign for theirs.

Thanks for the update, Dallas.

That's my biggest concern with having the tracking number.  Ignoring being promised it and all, we were told (iirc, correct me if I am wrong) that these would HAVE to be signed for.  If they don't...that's great.  But if they do, those of us with jobs and other obligations need to know WHEN its coming so we can make arrangements to be sure its signed for.

We received the first batch of tracking numbers back from the firm today; our volunteer web team staff plan to import the data to our site this evening after they are home from their real life jobs.

I'm not sure how technical specs of modern computers are relevant; there are some things that just take time.

We appreciate everyone's patience, in the meantime. Glad to hear they are starting to show up in people's mailboxes.

Especially that last sentence, and while still anxious down here, I'm a patient faerie, and hearing what I am today seems to be making that patience pay off.  All good things come to those Otakon goers who wait (but not too long).  BTW, have you staffers figured out a plan for mail-in goers to get their programs, NOT via the Thursday line?

BTW, have you staffers figured out a plan for mail-in goers to get their programs, NOT via the Thursday line?

That's a good question. I'll see if I can get an answer for you!

I have things delivered that require signature all the time. Most of the time I am not home to get it... 1 time out of 15, they will leave it w/o a signature (fail PO ) .. 50% of the time they will SAY they left notice when they have tried to deliver and there will be nothing there... IE I have only the the tracking information to go on to get the item . which i must print out and then bring to the PO to get what ever was being sent to me.

THIS is why I'm so hyper about the tracking number.

w/o it 1/2 the time I have no way to know that a delivery was attempted...

I'm hoping my badge shows up soon as well. If it does have to be signed for, I'm hoping they just drop it off at the leasing office of my apartment if I'm not home. They've signed for packages before and then I just pick them up there, not sure about USPS though. 

I'm really hoping that it arrives on one of the days that I'm off. 

Yeah, I am hoping either I get a tracking number prior to delivery so I can work from home that day or if it does come sans tracking number. The postman puts it in my mailbox like a boss.

Well, if they used any sort of standard database format for the membership database, once they had a text file with the member ID/tracking number pairs, it WOULD be like magic because all they would need to do is add the tracking number field to the database, then perform a merge based on the member ID. Most computers these days can perform an 8,000 record merge in about 5 -10 minutes.  The hardest part of all that would be updating the member web page to show the tracking info.

---Logs in.. checks... YOP!  No Tracking numbers... Why am I not surprised? I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and die from NOT surprise!

I read this and it made me realize I've watched disney movies too many times over as a child.

Sorry. I know that was off topic. 

I read this and it made me realize I've watched disney movies too many times over as a child.

Sorry. I know that was off topic. 

=^-^=

I knew someone would get that quote!

I didn't get my tracking number but I did just receive my badges. Thank you so much for all your hard work!! smile.png

#1 did you have to sign for it?

#2 was there a tracking # on the package?

I didn't get my tracking number but I did just receive my badges. Thank you so much for all your hard work!! smile.png

#1 did you have to sign for it?

#2 was there a tracking # on the package?

Yes, and yes. There's a tracking number on the door tag USPS left in my mailbox this morning.

Add me to the list of people who got my badges today (before any tracking number was ever e-mailed or added to our members page, it should be noted). My friend just called to say the three badges we ordered together arrived this morning. He did NOT have to sign for them, they were simply left there, but there was a tracking number attached. Also he lives in New Jersey, in case anyone asks.

I think the bottom line at this point is: yes there might be a slight issue with the tracking numbers, but the badges are coming. I don't think there's much reason for anyone to worry at this point.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.