I Have Not Received My Badge In the Mail!

Add me to the list of people who got my badges today (before any tracking number was ever e-mailed or added to our members page, it should be noted). My friend just called to say the three badges we ordered together arrived this morning. He did NOT have to sign for them, they were simply left there, but there was a tracking number attached. Also he lives in New Jersey, in case anyone asks.

I think the bottom line at this point is: yes there might be a slight issue with the tracking numbers, but the badges are coming. I don't think there's much reason for anyone to worry at this point.

That is true. I'm more at ease now hahahaha xD

-Veltix-

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the signing part - I believe it was signed (I will check after lunch when my coworkers are back). I had it shipped to my office so I can sign for it. But surprisingly it came in while I was out getting lunch.

And yes, there is a tracking number (on a USPS label) but its basically useless because the status still shown being sorted by the USPS. 

I didn't get my tracking number but I did just receive my badges. Thank you so much for all your hard work!! smile.png

#1 did you have to sign for it?
#2 was there a tracking # on the package?

Well look what just got updated today. It says on the main screen that they got done the first batch of tracking numbers today and more will be posted. I guess I might be the next batch, but seeing a spot where the tracking number goes, and people saying they got their badges is putting me at ease. The ups guy came today around 12 to deliver another package, so I guess if he had my badge he would've dropped that off, which is good for me cuz I have work today and I don't have to worry about missing today since he was just here. Maybe tomorrow it'll come which would be perfect since I'm home all day tomorrow. JUST 14 MORE DAYS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by subaru798

Can't wait for my badge to come in. Ugugugugugug

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

There's bound to be a few hiccups here and there since it's a new system.  Otakon does a lot better job with this sort of thing than most other cons that's for sure. 

I think we're all just too excited for the con and want to badges to hurry and get to us cuz then Itll seem a lot closer and as a reassurance that it's right around the corner. They did say that we should have them by the 10th and it's only the 8th and people r getting them. If they were late or after the 10th, then that's when they should tell ppl that it's going slow, but it seems like it's on schedule, except the tracking numbers. But as long as we get the badges and if the ups man missed us, and he leaves a notice and we have to go to the PO, that's fine. But we're just waaayyy too excited for otakon and we want our badges here and now. Lol.

Mine has not yet been shipped. Perhaps they're going for shipping out badges to locations further from the con first, to make sure they arrive with plenty of time? I live like, a 20 minute drive, so it's pretty much guaranteed to arrive the day after it's shipped (depending on the method)

I am glad to see people receiving badges. I hope I get mine soon. The friends of mine who did, ordered a week after I did. I'm sure there are 100 different reasons they got theirs first though.

Tracking number was added to my membership info on the Otakon website. I would've received mine today but due to moving it was forwarded via USPS so it sould be here tomorrow or Friday. :)

Was this the first time u checked today? Or did it just come up? I checked mine and there was still nothing, if yours just got updated within a 1/2 an hour or hour, maybe mine would come up soon. Hoping I get mine tomorrow since I'm off from work all day, I work all day Friday... Uhhgg, sooo excited that otakon is right around the corner, just want my badge to come asap. I think I get way more excited for otakon then Christmas. Lol.

Tracking number was added to my membership info on the Otakon website. I would've received mine today but due to moving it was forwarded via USPS so it sould be here tomorrow or Friday. smile.png

Was this the first time u checked today? Or did it just come up? I checked mine and there was still nothing, if yours just got updated within a 1/2 an hour or hour, maybe mine would come up soon. Hoping I get mine tomorrow since I'm off from work all day, I work all day Friday... Uhhgg, sooo excited that otakon is right around the corner, just want my badge to come asap. I think I get way more excited for otakon then Christmas. Lol.

I still just got a blank space for it on mine :/

Tracking number was added to my membership info on the Otakon website. I would've received mine today but due to moving it was forwarded via USPS so it sould be here tomorrow or Friday. smile.png

I still just got a blank space for it on mine :/

Mines the same way @.@

-Veltix-

Can someone help me with this then? 

I opted for the badge mailing and on the website it says to check out the member registration history for more info. I get on my member info and it doesn't even have me as registered. I recieved a receipt when I registered and paid. Does this mean I'll still get my badge? I sent a message to Ota via tumblr, but they never responded. 

I can't even imagine how long that would take... literally thousands of tracking numbers having to be linked an inputted into their corresponding member profiles wacko.png This ain't magic, people!

Heh, well the plan is for the data to be in a format that we can more easily import it into our database. Hopefully that goes as planned and no one has to manually update each profile. wink.png

Can I ask - what part of the member area of the website are the tracking numbers going to be posted?

After you log in, on the sidebar of the main website click on "View Membership History." The tracking info for your badge will be listed with your registration info for Otakon 2015.

3jyfdJP.png

I have a question though. I registered and have the reciept to prove it, but it's not showing up on my history page. Will I still get my tracking number? 

I opted for the badge mailing and on the website it says to check out the member registration history for more info. I get on my member info and it doesn't even have me as registered. I recieved a receipt when I registered and paid. Does this mean I'll still get my badge? I sent a message to Ota via tumblr, but they never responded. 

you will have to msg for help

this happened to a friend of mine and is somehow got registered under a diff member ID #

this happened to a friend of mine and is somehow got registered under a diff member ID #

Ok! Who/what do I message in particular?

Yeah I had an issue with mine. It was stuck on pending but I had a receipt and confirmation. Apparently I had 2 uncompleted registrations and 1 completed and paid for. Dunno how that happened but I emailed them about it and they helped me.

-Veltix-

http://help.otakon.com/

links + e-mail link there.

Edited by suzaku

http://help.otakon.com/

links + e-mail link there.

Yeah I had an issue with mine. It was stuck on pending but I had a receipt and confirmation. Apparently I had 2 uncompleted registrations and 1 completed and paid for. Dunno how that happened but I emailed them about it and they helped me.

-Veltix-

Yeah, my best friend's membership history is screwed up as well. She sent an email to help desk. 

Ok. I'll message them tomorrow morning. Thank you everyone! 

Tracking number was added to my membership info on the Otakon website. I would've received mine today but due to moving it was forwarded via USPS so it sould be here tomorrow or Friday. :)

I checked twice and the second time was around 6pm which was when I noticed the tracking info. My badge was at my old address as of 10am this morning. So even if the tracking is off, have faith because it may arrive any time without notice.

Onnnn topic (I hope!) upon checking my badge orders, it appears I made a horrible error in address! In the Badge Mailing Information, I accidentally input "Alexandria, Vi" instead of Alexandria, VA! 

EFxlkOe.png

I've already sent an e-mail to registration asking about it in the hopes of changing it officially, so I do expect an answer from them in the next few days, but for anyone in the know it would still help to know if I should expect to be able to receive my badge or if it'll have to be picked up at con. 

So I've been uploading the tracking info as it comes in, which has so far been in one or two files at the close of the day. 

Pretty much if you just pick a time to check each day, it will either be there or not. 

As for changing your ZIP code, by now it is far too late to update the packages, although for what it's worth we have been checking the addresses as we've been going through them and fixing ones that are obviously wrong. Personally, I'm a bit surprised by the number of people who neglected to include their street name in their badge mailing address. Anyhow, we have been tracking how some things worked this year, and plan to implement a couple changes to make things easier on you and us for next year.

My tracking number showed up for me today between 6:30am and 9:40am.  Looks like it is out for delivery today.  Hope more of you get tracking numbers today.  Thank you Matt for all of your uploading help!

Whew, I'm glad you mentioned this. I moved recently as well, and I'd been told my badge should be forwarded to my new address by USPS; however, in the address change packet they sent me, it made a point of saying that "only certain classes of mail would be forwarded", so I've been kind of freaking out that maybe Ota would send the badges in a class of mail that wouldn't be forwarded after all, and since I don't have my tracking number yet I had no way of checking whether it would be...whew. I feel a lot better now. Thanks. :D

So I've been uploading the tracking info as it comes in, which has so far been in one or two files at the close of the day. 

Pretty much if you just pick a time to check each day, it will either be there or not. 

As for changing your ZIP code, by now it is far too late to update the packages, although for what it's worth we have been checking the addresses as we've been going through them and fixing ones that are obviously wrong. Personally, I'm a bit surprised by the number of people who neglected to include their street name in their badge mailing address. Anyhow, we have been tracking how some things worked this year, and plan to implement a couple changes to make things easier on you and us for next year.

Thanks for the update Matt. I think most of us realize that there's always gonna be a few wrinkles and a lot of uncertainty the first time something like this is implemented, even if we freak out about it a little bit. Thanks for all the hard work. :)

Just checked and I have my number...says it's out for delivery today and it is signature confirmation. We shall see if they really try to get a signature or not lol.

Still no number for me

Try checking every hour I got mine about half hour or so ago. They're putting the numbers out in chunks because that's how the numbers are being sent to them so you should have yours soon enough

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Still no number for me

Try checking every hour I got mine about half hour or so ago. They're putting the numbers out in chunks because that's how the numbers are being sent to them so you should have yours soon enough

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm doing hehe xD

-Veltix-

Checked and said delivered...and signed by sum guy that doesn't live here...ran to mailbox and it was there...guess the mailman signed for it??? Yeah Otakon sounds like you paid extra moneys for a service that the post office is ignoring -_-

Checked and said delivered...and signed by sum guy that doesn't live here...ran to mailbox and it was there...guess the mailman signed for it??? Yeah Otakon sounds like you paid extra moneys for a service that the post office is ignoring sleep.png

Put him on your "list"biggrin.pnglaugh.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.