I Have Not Received My Badge In the Mail!

Just got home. No badge nor tracking info. Bought this thing back at the beginning of April. I wonder what order they started processing these in?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home. No badge nor tracking info. Bought this thing back at the beginning of April. I wonder what order they started processing these in?

Yeah I did mine in April too and still no badge or number

-Veltix-

same. and it weird because im in virginia so im not that far away.

I'm not far away either I'm in Delaware. 2 of my friends got theirs already.

-Veltix-

no Badge No tracking number ..

ordered 3/24/2015 10:39:42 PM

and I live VERY far away ...

I bet I will get a tracking # just in time to find that it was sent back... :/

As of this morning, I didn't have a tracking number. When I got home from work today, the badges I ordered were in the mail. I just checked, and there is now a confirmation number in my membership.

Just to let you guys know, since I've seen a bunch of location based posts, the badges aren't being shipped from Baltimore. I think they're from PA, but I don't honestly recall exactly. Otakon is held in Baltimore, but Otakorp is a PA based non profit corporation :3

Well I guess that sort of explains it? Depending on where at in PA it would make sense.

Annville in PA to be exact, I looked it up.  It's on the 422 between Hershey & Lebanon.

So what will happen if come the 10th if still no badge an no tracking #???

Contact us through the help desk (help.otakon.com,) but honestly I would give it until at least Monday. The holiday weekend probably threw off the mail a bit.

Edited by Eimi

Contact us through the help desk (help.otakon.com,) but honestly I would give it until at least Monday. The holiday weekend probably threw off the mail a bit.

That's what I think happened

-Veltix-

The only Postal holiday last weekend was Sat. July 3 was a normal workday for them.

So having only 1 day and that being a Sat off CAN'T have messed things up that much...

ref- https://about.usps.com/news/events-calendar/2015-postal-holidays.htm

The only Postal holiday last weekend was Sat. July 3 was a normal workday for them.

So having only 1 day and that being a Sat off CAN'T have messed things up that much...

ref- https://about.usps.com/news/events-calendar/2015-postal-holidays.htm

You'd be surprised. I live outside DC and my parents live in Boston, normally it takes 2-3 days for mail to get there, but when a holiday is involved I've seen it take up to 10.

I got my badge in the mail earlier on today, so I do know that they are coming. Mailman asked me to sign for something today and after getting my mail pile, my badge was in there. When I checked my member account last night, I hadn't gotten my tracking number. I had no way of telling when my badge was going to show up since my number wasn't posted so I'm very thankful I was still home when the mailman showed up. All I can say now is be on the lookout.

Also I can also confirm that they are shipping the badges from Pennsylvania.

I just want my tracking # cause A) the mailman ALWAYS come by when I'm not home... & B) 1/2 the time there is no notice left even though the tracking info says that there was,,,

For those worried, it's worth noting that shipping is super fast once it does ship. IIRC, my tracking number said it shipped I think the 6th, and I would have gotten mine today (in California) if I or the hubby had been home at the time.

It's the 10th. No badge. No tracking number. Let's just call this whole "tracking number" experiment a huge failure. Why bother when people aren't even given the tracking number until AFTER they've received the badge?  Are we now to assume that if we get a tracking number but haven't received the badge yet, that something horribly wrong has happened to the badge?

The holiday was six business days ago for the USPS AND the company Otakorp paid to get the badges out.  Sorry, I can't accept that the USPS would still be in "holiday mode" a week later.

You'd be surprised. I live outside DC and my parents live in Boston, normally it takes 2-3 days for mail to get there, but when a holiday is involved I've seen it take up to 10.

I think we can all agree the load on the USPS for the 4th of July doesn't hold a candle to the load they experience over the end-of-year holidays.  Apples - Oranges.

Just to let you guys know, since I've seen a bunch of location based posts, the badges aren't being shipped from Baltimore. I think they're from PA, but I don't honestly recall exactly. Otakon is held in Baltimore, but Otakorp is a PA based non profit corporation :3

I'm in Philly, PA and I just rec'd my notice from the post office, going after work to pick them up.

I'm in Philly, PA and I just rec'd my notice from the post office, going after work to pick them up.

I am in Phila too and I still have no tracking number. I don't know maybe it will be delivered today, although I won't be home to sign for it.

I also think the July 4th Holiday excuse is ridiculous.I mailed something to a friend in Michigan through regular mail on July 3rd and she got it Monday.

Edited by Kirarakim

So I have the last batch of tracking numbers in my email, I'll have to wait till closer to lunch time to upload them since the job that pays me has priority while I'm at work.  That being said we've been noting various issues (positive and negative) with how this first year roll out played out and in theory they will be used to make next year's process easier and more straightforward.

So I have the last batch of tracking numbers in my email, I'll have to wait till closer to lunch time to upload them since the job that pays me has priority while I'm at work. That being said we've been noting various issues (positive and negative) with how this first year roll out played out and in theory they will be used to make next year's process easier and more straightforward.

Question: I emailed the help desk about this, that my registration says both "PENDING" in the yellow box, and "complete" under the "event registration for______". I do have a space where the tracking numbers go, but could that play a roll in not getting my numbers and/or badge?? They told me they needed my full name, birth date, address and last 4 numbers of credit card I used so they can fix it, that was yesterday afternoon and it still hasn't been fixed, and I don't want my numbers to not be put up because of this mistake. Please help. 09b2ad76e20213cf81e9c4c2f369f3e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by subaru798

For issues such as Pending Status, Inactive status, etc please submit a help desk ticket. This will allows to get information from you to look up your account and see what is going on. 

We will work as fast as we can too look at your account and fix any dependencies. 

I did send one in yesterday, they might still be working on it when they get the time... But would this effect y my numbers have not come up? Or effect y my badge being mailed? I'm afraid that my badge hasn't been sent because of this and that I won't get it in time. But if it did come and my profile still said this, I wouldn't be as worried. Just wondering if it's related. But I did send one in...

I submitted a help desk ticket for the same issue and was basically given the polite equivalent of "I dunno lol." They did at least confirm that I am registered, but beyond that they apparently have no clue why the system is displaying like that.

So I have the last batch of tracking numbers in my email, I'll have to wait till closer to lunch time to upload them since the job that pays me has priority while I'm at work. That being said we've been noting various issues (positive and negative) with how this first year roll out played out and in theory they will be used to make next year's process easier and more straightforward.

Question: I emailed the help desk about this, that my registration says both "PENDING" in the yellow box, and "complete" under the "event registration for______". I do have a space where the tracking numbers go, but could that play a roll in not getting my numbers and/or badge?? They told me they needed my full name, birth date, address and last 4 numbers of credit card I used so they can fix it, that was yesterday afternoon and it still hasn't been fixed, and I don't want my numbers to not be put up because of this mistake. Please help. 09b2ad76e20213cf81e9c4c2f369f3e9.jpg

I had the same issue and talked to them. Got told i had 2 uncompleted registrations and 1 completed and paid for. Dunno how that happened but didn't seem to be a major problem and the girl said I should still get my badge in the mail cause she could see I was to be sent one. I still have no tracking number shown but I'm in hopes I get one soon. She did say if for some odd reason I didn't receive one to take my receipt and confirmation email with me and show them it and explain the issue. But that was the "if for some weird reason I didn't get my badge". I'm guessing I should get it then...but idk...I guess il see.

-Veltix-

I have the same "pending" thing, but my tracking number just came in now so I don't think it's an issue. I'm assuming I was last batch, so this is the time to check accounts again

I woke up late today and checked on the USPS website. Nothing changed, no updates, it still said it left the post office a few days ago. When I went out to our mailbox, our badges were there! I didn't have to sign for them after all! c: A friend of mine in PA received hers today and said she had to sign, so I guess it depends on your delivery person. 

For the love of anime and all that is good in this world! Finally!! Tracking number!! Just put up in like the last 10-15 mins.

Wait... Is UPS shipping this cuz I put the tracking number they just gave me in the ups website and it says "Not Available"

Edited by subaru798

I hope I get it in the next hour cuz I leave for work, or tomorrow. I did sign up for the text message alerts, so even if they do try to deliver it today while I'm at work, I will get an alert and know about it and if the guy decided to leave it without a signature or if I need to go to the post office and pick it up.

Ik! Ssoooo much waiting and worrying. But now that ik it's coming and even though my acc says both pending and accept, now that ik it's coming I feel sooo much better. Lol. And of course I'm wondering how long it'll take to even get to State College from where I live. Wish I could just pick it up. Lol

WE HAVE TRACKING # SIGN!!! -sounds alarm bells and lights.

Yes I have seen too much MST2K.. :o

Lol. WOO! .....but it's not a party yet until we get our badges in our little impatient hands. Haha

Edited by subaru798

I just received my priority package which was delayed from July 6 for some reason. The priority envelope was inside another resealed and when I opened it and the priority mail envelope inside was torn. One badge and one lanyard are missing. The other two and 3 matsuri discounts were still there. I contacted the post office and also sent an email to Otakon giving all the details,including pictures. What's going to happen? I don't have a badge someone took it.

I have a tracking number now.  My badge evidently shipped from State College on Wednesday, then went southwesterly to Warrendale for some reason, but is at the Harrisburg post office now and schedule to come tomorrow.  That's convenience as I should be on hand to sign for it on a Saturday, thus sparing me some potential nuisance.  Well, unless they feel they need to divert it to Wilkes-Barre or wherever for some reason.

This should make my Thursday before Otakon much easier and more pleasant than it has been or otherwise might have been.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.