I Have Not Received My Badge In the Mail!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please take a moment and log into the members area on the Otakon website and check your tracking number. 

If there is no tracking number or you find another issue, let us know through our help desk (help.otakon.com) and we will see what we can do.

I picked mine up today from the post office although they were actually here on the 9th. 

If I look at the tracking it took three days to get them from PA to MD just in case that's helpful to anyone. 

Here's a question, I only received the badge and lanyard. Otakon usually supplies a plastic slip on cover to house the badge itself. Are those going to be available at the convention, or should those have arrived with the badges? I can guarantee my name will not stay on the badge the entire weekend, even in permanent marker, as I bring an around the neck camera which constantly swipes against my badge.

I don't know if plastic slips will be available, but if not you could always carefully place a piece of clear tape over  your name. Maybe that would help. 

Here's a question, I only received the badge and lanyard. Otakon usually supplies a plastic slip on cover to house the badge itself. Are those going to be available at the convention, or should those have arrived with the badges? I can guarantee my name will not stay on the badge the entire weekend, even in permanent marker, as I bring an around the neck camera which constantly swipes against my badge.

Otakon used to provide the plastic with the old paper badges. The new, more durable ones debuted last year, and there were no plastic holders given then either. So to my knowledge answer to your question is neither

Otakon used to provide the plastic with the old paper badges. The new, more durable ones debuted last year, and there were no plastic holders given then either. So to my knowledge answer to your question is neither

Actually they did have a few, although I don't know if I was just lucky or not. The little plastic part of my badge broke last year due to someone stepping on it ( it was my own fault for setting it outside my bag during a photoshoot ) and they were more than happy to provide me with one. it didn't fit perfectly, but it got the job down. I do second the clear tape, it does work wonders. c: 

I live in Bel Air Maryland, and received mine on Saturday. I wasn't expecting it to be delivered on Saturday, as I didn't even realize the mail would be delivered on Saturday. Also, when I left work on Friday evening, there still was no tracking number on my membership page. So, hang in there and be patient.

Got mine yesterday right on time (according to the tracking number) and I did have to sign for it. One friend in my group got his Friday and I think one's was delivered to his house, but no one answered the door to sign for it, so he had to reschedule the delivery. There's two more in my group who haven't gotten theirs yet. The one who got his Friday lives in NY, me and the one who had to reschedule delivery live in southwestern VA, and the two who haven't gotten anything yet live in northeast TN. Hopefully they'll get theirs soon.

I received my badge yesterday, so I am satisfied with the process.  Despite the bugs, I thank the Otakon Powers that Be for engaging (albeit a little late) with information that helped us worry less about the outcome.

That said -- there will certainly be some folks who didn't get their badges in the mail, and they will have a Badge Services desk to handle those issues.  Otakorp -- please, please, PLEASE make sure the people doing line control and registration KNOW about this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday so that the mail-in-without-badges members don't have to endure the hours-long wait in the main lines for resolution.  If the past is any guide, Otakon staffers are the last to know about these changes, and it could make for a doubly miserable experience.

See you all in a couple weeks!

Glad that I received my badge and am definitely loving the design Otakon chose for this year. Digging the green color and is a nice departure from the blue that's always on the badges lol.

Got my badge yesterday. I waited to sign for it and the guy just left it in my mailbox without even trying. I feel bad for Otakon, the postal service is doing its best to screw up the mailed badges it seems.

USPS returned mine as "undeliverable" and I don't know what to do :<

Try calling your local post office first. If they still have it you may be able to get it redelivered or they might be able to hold it for pick up. 

Have we heard yet how people who got their badges mailed can get guides + printed schedules on Thursday?

It's a highly protected secret. ph34r.png

Thursday is probably not possible, but for Friday... the sheet of paper that came with your badge explains how to pick up your swag bag. To wit:

"Where can I pick up my Program Book?"

You can pick up your bag of con materials in the Pratt St. and Charles St. lobbies. They will also be available at the Info desks during the convention. See the map for this symbol: excl.png Note: You can also download our Guidebook App. Search for "Otakon 2015"

Edited by Fadamor

Have we heard yet how people who got their badges mailed can get guides + printed schedules on Thursday?

I was wondering this myself. I collect the program book, Otakon bag, and schedule from every Otakon I've attended. It's a nice keepsake. I'm assuming we probably have to go to the Help Desk over the weekend to actually get one. 

Also my badge came in this week. No issues and everything came in fine. Only problem was the lanyard was very difficult to attach to the badge, since the cutout on the badge was so small.

Thank you Otakon staff for all your hard work and thank you for giving us the mailing option!! biggrin.png

Ok. Badge was sent to a friend's house (I don't live in the US).  

USPS tracking gave me "failed to deliver as addressed". I have double checked the address in the members area and it is correct.

Currently, tracking shows it was sent back to Pennsylvania somewhere.

Can people who had the mail screw up get a badge at the con?

USPS tracking gave me "failed to deliver as addressed". I have double checked the address in the members area and it is correct.

It sounds to me like the address of your friend that you had the badge mailed to is incorrect. Checking that the address is correct isn't going to help much if YOU have the address incorrectly recorded.

It sounds to me like the address of your friend that you had the badge mailed to is incorrect. Checking that the address is correct isn't going to help much if YOU have the address incorrectly recorded.

It is the exact same as the address in my Amazon account. An address I have had things shipped to by USPS without issue.

Can't edit posts here? :<

It let's you edit for a minute or two after posting, then locks them in

My badge was attempted to be delivered at my parents' house (I was moving to a new apt before the badges were shipped, so went with a 100% safe address) but the ONE TIME they stepped out of the house that morning the badge was attempted to be delivered :(

But no worries - they're going to snag it from the post office for me and I'll have it well before the convention :)

Can't edit posts here? :<

I managed to get a help request in, apparently the site hates Chrome.

Currently the edit window is ~5 minutes, then it gets locked. Matt is looking at whether there is interest in extending the edit window. https://board.otakon.com/index.php?showtopic=26779

Thank you so much for your concern. Since one badge and one lanyard was taken i can only think that it was stolen. I think it may be a postal worker because usps was the only one with physical contact. There were no usps scans indicating the priority envelope was damaged, in addition it was delayed a couple of days at their sorting center with no further scans until it suddenly arrived in my city . I am feeling absolutley horrible about this as any victim of this sort of thing would I guess. I already spoke to my mail carrier and called the post office who opened a case and postal inspectors will contact me next week. They said thid is very serious. I emailed the help area at otakon Outlining all the details and pictures of everything and i received a reply back that the issue was being forwarded to otakon registration troubleshooting team. That's the last I heard so far. I'm hoping that the stolen badge can be deactivated and a replacement sent to me quickly, i want to enter with my family who now have their badges . The other two in the mailing that was actually in the envelope. I never expected anything like this. This would completely ruin everything for us. I hope Otakon can help me. I'm a little panicky because it's so close to the Con start date. Please everyone continue to help with your postings and advice because it's really helping and I appreciate it. But still think is is unbelievable. Like a bad dream because we plan all year to go to Otakon.

What should I do now. Haven't heard back form the registration people about my badge. Don't know what to do now. Maybe I'm just being impatient but only a couple of days before the Convention. Very upset.

Hi Maydog, sorry we haven't gotten this resolved yet. This case is somewhat more complicated than normal. I will forward it on up the chain to try to get a response for you asap.

I got my badge a few days ago. Just wondering what the following parts of our membership pages on the website mean:

Confirmation Code:

Confirmation Date:

Confirmation Date: The day the badge was delivered 

Confirmation Code: Extra info on the delivery 

These will start filling in soon when we upload the next update

I still haven't received my badge or an email with a tracking number. Should I still be expecting a tracking number in my email? I tried using help.otakon.com, but it had a message saying badges do not get mailed. I'm guessing that message is either out of date or that was the wrong place to ask for help.

I still haven't received my badge or an email with a tracking number. Should I still be expecting a tracking number in my email? I tried using help.otakon.com, but it had a message saying badges do not get mailed. I'm guessing that message is either out of date or that was the wrong place to ask for help.

You have to log into the members area to get the tracking number. It is not going to be emailed to you.

I finally realized that the members only page people are talking about has nothing to do with my forum account. After accessing it through the main site, I see that it was actually delivered to my leasing office (while I was home!) and they never left a note saying it was delivered -.- At least I can go over to my leasing office now and pick it up.

I received my badge yesterday, so I am satisfied with the process.  Despite the bugs, I thank the Otakon Powers that Be for engaging (albeit a little late) with information that helped us worry less about the outcome.

That said -- there will certainly be some folks who didn't get their badges in the mail, and they will have a Badge Services desk to handle those issues.  Otakorp -- please, please, PLEASE make sure the people doing line control and registration KNOW about this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday so that the mail-in-without-badges members don't have to endure the hours-long wait in the main lines for resolution.  If the past is any guide, Otakon staffers are the last to know about these changes, and it could make for a doubly miserable experience.

See you all in a couple weeks!

Trust me I do know this and my team will know this as well. We will have a system for this so do not fret.

I haven't received an email with my tracking number and the Otakon website is currently down so I can't submit a help request. Should I be concerned? unsure.png

As noted in above posts, tracking numbers are NOT sent in emails. You can get it from logging onto the members section and looking at your account info when the site comes back up.

Edited by thefarawaylife

And now it's taken so long to get through the support queue that even if it was re-sent, nobody will be there to sign :<

Day 3, now.

I will poke someone to see if they can respond but Honestly there is probably no way it will be mailed back out. Again this is not an official answer just a "I think but I am not sure" I will see what some of my uppers say.

Also call the post office a lot of times they will still have it will make it so that you can pick it up.

And now it's taken so long to get through the support queue that even if it was re-sent, nobody will be there to sign :<

Day 3, now.

Totes just responded to your desk case a few min ago :3

I haven't received an email with my tracking number and the Otakon website is currently down so I can't submit a help request. Should I be concerned? unsure.png

Please submit a help ticket at help.otakon.com so we cant look up your account and see what is going on. Please note that we cannot look anything up till the site is back up. Me and some of the other help desk team have been working as fast as we can to get issues resolved as quickly as possible.

thanks everyone who has been so patient while we work through the queue.

Edited by Tsuki

Hi Maydog, sorry we haven't gotten this resolved yet. This case is somewhat more complicated than normal. I will forward it on up the chain to try to get a response for you asap.

Thank you Sam, and to all Members in this forum who were so concerned and helpful on my behalf.

I just got back from meeting with USPS Investigator who has concluded that my badge and Lanyard unfortunately and most likely fell out while being sorted on the line in PA. USPS in Warendale Linda made a good effort on my behalf to try to find it. The USPS investigator was very motivated to try to help me also. He provided me with supporting documents that Otakon would need.

In addition the Otakon team also worked very hard to resolve the issue for me because they understood would it meant to me and my family who are coming to attend. This is the last thing they wanted to see happen.

I want to personally thank Otakon Team Elizabeth C, Rea K, Sam Wein, and Comptroller Matt S.

Who took the issue seriously on my behalf and provided a detailed path on how I now can resolve the issue once I come to a Otakon.

With that being said and although I do not have my badge yet, I am fully confident in the Otakon team to resolve the issue when I arrive at the Conventio.

This is another prime example of why we look forward to our trip to a Otakon every year.

The concern and response from all of the Otakon team members involved who go out of their way to make sure members such as me and my family can attend with little issue and total enjoyment in mind.

Thank you all...

Thank you....

Thank you. :)

Sooo...I have a problem.

I posted last week about having my tracking info and my badge being forwarded? Well the badge was forwarded back to the sorting facility according to USPS. It was sent to Hartford instead of being sent to my new address and they said it may be another two weeks before it is delivered.

What can I do now that the clock is ticking? I am really hoping there is a help desk where they can provide me with badges, even if I wait in line. I really don't want to shell out $200 for two more badges. Aside from contacting the postal service, should I contact the help desk or am I screwed?

New topic thread...

"My ______ ate my badge!!! what do i do now!!" (fill in random what ever :) )

you KNOW its gonna happen! :P

I haven't received my badge yet. D: I don't have a tracking number or where do I even find it? My friend has gotten hers and I'm worried because it's only like one week away!

I haven't received my badge yet. D: I don't have a tracking number or where do I even find it? My friend has gotten hers and I'm worried because it's only like one week away!

Your tracking number should appear in the Members Only section of the website. If it is not there please fill out a ticket at http://help.otakon.com and we can investigate it.

Tracking numbers are in your membership account on the otakon website. go to members only section, log on, and click membership history 

https://otakon.com/members/default.asp

If for some reason your badge is not listed with a tracking number by now please contact our help desk team through help.otakon.com 

We are tracking problems as they develop and plan to use this info to improve the process for next year. On the bright side I can say with some certainty that most of the badges were delivered without issue. However, I do acknowledge that most is not all.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Sam, and to all Members in this forum who were so concerned and helpful on my behalf.

I just got back from meeting with USPS Investigator who has concluded that my badge and Lanyard unfortunately and most likely fell out while being sorted on the line in PA. USPS in Warendale Linda made a good effort on my behalf to try to find it. The USPS investigator was very motivated to try to help me also. He provided me with supporting documents that Otakon would need.

In addition the Otakon team also worked very hard to resolve the issue for me because they understood would it meant to me and my family who are coming to attend. This is the last thing they wanted to see happen.

I want to personally thank Otakon Team Elizabeth C, Rea K, Sam Wein, and Comptroller Matt S.

Who took the issue seriously on my behalf and provided a detailed path on how I now can resolve the issue once I come to a Otakon.

With that being said and although I do not have my badge yet, I am fully confident in the Otakon team to resolve the issue when I arrive at the Conventio.

This is another prime example of why we look forward to our trip to a Otakon every year.

The concern and response from all of the Otakon team members involved who go out of their way to make sure members such as me and my family can attend with little issue and total enjoyment in mind.

Thank you all...

Thank you....

Thank you. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.