Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amanda Lipphardt

Best Guest to have graced us

Who are the best guests that you have ever had the opportunity to see at Otakon?

For me it's usually the concert invitees. First ones that come to mind are the last two years of Sunday concerts. I was heartbroken not to get in to see Yoko Kanno in 2013. Thank goodness I got to see Yoshiki the next year. He and his band mates were incredible! I also lost it with Gackt @Bunraku for 2011 even though not a concert

My personal favorite guests I met or saw at a performance would be (in no order): Kappei Yamaguchi, Seki Tomokazu, Yoko Kanno, Aya Hirano, and JAM Project. Got the first 3's autographs & saw the last 3 in concert.

Paku Romi will also be added to this list. :)

Kikuko Inoue, Mamiko Noto, and Ayako Kawasumi are definitely some of my faves. Also Aya Hirano, especially since she stayed and finished off that gigantic post-concert autograph line. Hidenori Matsubara was also a favorite, and Yoko Kanno as well.

In no particular order of preference:  Monica Rial, Vic Mignogna, Tony Oliver, Aaron Dismuke (before he grew up), Colleen Clickenbeard, Mela Lee, Lisa Ortiz, Tom Wayland, Linda Ballentyne, John Stocker, Yuri Lowenthal, Ray Villard, and one of my all-time favs Jason David Frank.

Also favs are musical guests Kanon Wakeshima, and BECCA.

That's a lot of favorite guests I must say.

Some of my favorites from Otakon (no particular order): Ayako Kawasumi, Kikuko Inoue (apreciate that she took time to chat up the attendees in her autograph session, but it severely limited the # she could see in that hour, making me miss her autograph though I did attend her panel prior to it), MELL, Yoko Ishida, Monica Rial, Luci Christian... actually, as a guy who isn't ashamed to admit he loved the dub of season 1 of SuperGALS!, It was great to have Luci (Ran) and Greg Ayers (Yuya/Second Place) together and watch them joke with each other in-character at their combined autograph signing...and add in Chris Patton (Otahata Rei) the next year for my GALS! Vol. 1 cover!

Favorites from other cons (pretty much at the much-mised NYAF): Masaharu Morimoto (I wore my Iron Chef T-Shirt w/ Chairman Kaga on it to his autographing, and he got a kick out of it!). AKB48 (though I did not get their autograph or win the lottery for the Webster Hal concert, darn it all) and Veronica "Ash Ketchum" Taylor.