Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rukie Angel

Sword Prop Question

Question

Hi there guys. So I ordered this Akame ga Kill! sword online. The materials listed were wood and stoving varnish. So I though ok cool just wood and varnish. The sword arrived and it's made out of actual metal. It isn't sharp at all, but since it's not wood or plastic that's a no go. My question is this: Is there anyway to make this thing con friendly? Like can I coat or wrap it in something? It did come with a wooden sheath. Can I just glue that thing on there so it can't actually be drawn? Or am I totally boned here? Really a shame because it's honestly a really nice looking prop. 

5 answers to this question

I'm sorry Rukie, unfortunately the sword is definitely not allowed, sheathed or not. The best advice I can offer is to make a replica of the handle and attach it to the sheath. 

I'm not staff, but I think you're probably boned. Plus they always say that they can't make a final determination until you bring the prop to them at the con. Even if it's completely encased in foam or glued, my guess is it's going to be too heavy to be considered safe.

You could maybe make a replica of the handle and attach it to the wooden sheath or something for the con? You're out of luck with being able to bring the actual sword, even if it couldn't be drawn, since it is made of metal. 

That's what I thought, but I thought I'd give it a shot and ask XD Thanks guys. 

Thanks Kimmi. I figured as much XD