Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aristocatable

Never got second confirmation?

Question

First if this is in the wrong place sorry, but I don't know where else to ask about this.

Due to not hearing anything about the badges being mailed out I thought I'd check to make sure that my two pre-registrations were confirmed, just in case. I received one email with my registration summary and payment summary. According to this, both had been paid for. However, I only received one confirmation email. I realize I really should have checked right away but at the time I assumed both confirmations were in the second email.

So what do I do?

(Also I tried help.otakon.com linked in the email but all I got was it saying the page is not private and attackers might be trying to steal my information.

Clicking expand it basically said unusual and incorrect credentials were being sent back when Chrome tried to connect so I couldn't open the website. Uh?)

3 answers to this question

So I can't specifically speak to the confirmation email. I will bring the certificate issue up to our tech people. In the meantime you can still access the page with http rather than https.

(for the technically minded, and/or paranoid: help.otakon.com is the CNAME for otakon.assistly.com, the ssl certificate is issued for *.assistly.com so chrome sees a mismatch between what the certificate says and the URL)

I had both sent to mine, and it didn't turn up in spam. However a friend told me to check my event registration history and ta da! The other one is confirmed there. The other one (that I actually got an email for) isn't listed though. But I'm assuming that's because it's for a different person? I'm good to go though, yeah? I just don't want to find out that Thursday that one didn't go through and I have to wait in line Friday for a second badge.

The second confirmation email (with the barcode) would have been sent to the second person's email address.

If you had the same email address listed for both accounts check your spam filter or whether or not your email interface compiles messages with the same subject and header information.