Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katelynn Kammann

The bridge walk ways

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi last year they close the bridge walkway around 1am making everyone staying at the hitlon to exit the convention and enter the hilton. Are you guys planning to do this again?

We will most likely be doing this again since we do it every year, but we usually do so closer to 2am, when the con officially closes. The reason for this is that once programming on that side of the convention center ends and everyone filters out we have to do a sweep through the area to be sure that everyone is out, since if we miss somebody they will be trapped in the convention center (after a certain point all the exits to the building are locked until the next morning). This can take some time, so once we start sweeps we try to prevent non-staff from coming into the area to limit the chance of missing something and so that we know exactly who is still in the area.

Related to this question: does anyone on staff know if the bridge walkways will be open for people staying at the Hilton to enter the BCC immediately on Friday morning, or will there be a delay requiring us to enter through the Charles Street lobby? If so, what time would the bridges open?

I'm not sure at the moment, but I will find out and let you know. My guess is that it will open at 8:30 when con does, but don't quote me on that.

Related to this question: does anyone on staff know if the bridge walkways will be open for people staying at the Hilton to enter the BCC immediately on Friday morning, or will there be a delay requiring us to enter through the Charles Street lobby? If so, what time would the bridges open?

As an artist in the alley who is staying at the Hilton, I would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me how early the walkways will be open. I need to know that I'll be able to get to the Alley for setup in the morning. Taking the walkway over from the Hilton is going to be MUCH easier with my gear than hoofing it across the street, but I don't want to do it if I'm going to have to backtrack to taking an outside route. 

Also wondering. Maybe staff can weigh in?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk