Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StarCreator

New Maryland arcades thread - now with beatmania IIDX!

Since the last thread is now archived, here is the new Maryland arcades thread. And we have a doozy of an update...

Introducing beatmania IIDX to the Baltimore, Maryland area!

jIS0vAc.jpg

This beauty is at GamePlay at Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie. It supplements DDR X3 and pop'n music, which have been there for some time now. I haven't been able to make it out recently but I certainly have new motivation to try now!

Other arcades of note I'm aware of: re:gen in White Marsh Mall isn't really an arcade, but it has a pop'n music machine and a few other games, including a dedicated home console station. A bit further out is The Save Point at TownMall of Westminster, which has an ever rotating roster of games I can't ever keep up with.

I have been hoping to find a Jubeat machine - Anyone seen one?

The only game I'm really into these days is the Hatsune Miku Project DIva series. I've played Future Tone once when in Chicago this year (such a rush), but only RoundOneUSA can get it due to exclusive rights with SEGA and other companies involved. So until a RoundOne opens near me (which should be "soon according to their site) I forecast myself going there a lot.

I have been hoping to find a Jubeat machine - Anyone seen one?

None in Maryland that I know of yet. The closest I know of that's in a public location is at Eight on the Break in New Jersey.

The only game I'm really into these days is the Hatsune Miku Project DIva series. I've played Future Tone once when in Chicago this year (such a rush), but only RoundOneUSA can get it due to exclusive rights with SEGA and other companies involved. So until a RoundOne opens near me (which should be "soon according to their site) I forecast myself going there a lot.

Yeah, unfortunately, the only player in Maryland large enough to score an online-only Sega game like Project DIVA Arcade is Dave and Buster's, and I doubt they're interested. If you're in MA, there's a Round 1 scheduled to open south of Boston within the year... but I'm hearing there's some kind of problem deploying more Project DIVA Arcade units right now, so it might launch without it.

Has anyone been to GamePlay to play IIDX? Because we could actually use some help.

We've been told from several players that our initial button setup was too light. So we're trying out slightly heavier configurations. We have two different configurations currently, one on 1P side and the other on 2P side. If you can, please try out both sides and let me know which side you prefer (or if you'd rather have the old lighter configuration back). We're hoping to choose a single configuration that hopefully everyone is happy with in the next couple weeks!

Just an update on IIDX - we settled on a configuration that was based on the test 1P configuration. We'd still love to hear feedback!

The 2P turntable is currently out of the machine for repairs, but you can still play on 1P.

Anyone make it out? Would love to hear some feedback. I can pass it along to the machine owners.

The 2P turntable was returned not long after I posted about it being out of the machine.

Weird - the last thread link returns a fatal error when I try to load it now. What's going on?

Nothing new to report on the arcade front but I'm waiting to hear back on a few things that might make for some exciting developments.

Bringing this back... we had a great time at MAGFest, bringing In the Groove, GuitarFreaks, DrumMania, pop'n music, and beatmania IIDX. And speaking of In the Groove, we've tagged out DDR (which is experiencing technical difficulty) in the arcade:

FRUYkSn.jpg

As a reminder, GamePlay is in Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie, about a 15 minute drive from the Inner Harbor.

Somehow I think this would be more popular if there wasn't a mall for every 5 miles or less all over Maryland. Marley is cheap and quiet usually, very local feel. The arcade is literally the only good thing to do there lol

On 8/28/2015 at 11:11 AM, StarCreator said:

Yeah, unfortunately, the only player in Maryland large enough to score an online-only Sega game like Project DIVA Arcade is Dave and Buster's, and I doubt they're interested. If you're in MA, there's a Round 1 scheduled to open south of Boston within the year... but I'm hearing there's some kind of problem deploying more Project DIVA Arcade units right now, so it might launch without it.

<Start Disappointed Shiggitay>

I visited that new Round1 location. It's pretty damn cool, but in regards to them getting a Future Tone machine, well I've gotten mixed info. When I was there that time I asked a counter girl about PDFT and she didn't know WTF I was talking about. Some weeks later I called them and someone known as "Peaches" said that they'd be getting a machine in "February" according to their game cabinet mechanic or whatever his title is... i.e. their installer. February came and went, so I decided to call again, and this time I get the "Amusements Manager" or something like that and she said that not all locations are going to get a Future Tone machine. She offered to have me added to a mailing list or w/e where I'd be kept in the loop IF they ever get a machine... which I think is BS as well... I also heard from a friend of mine who's originally from the Midwest (Milwaukee, WI) and he said that one of the two FT machines from the Chicago area R1 location would be going to the new Taunton, MA R1 location....

So, at this point I don't know who or what to believe... I'm starting to lose hope to play it often (until it comes out for PS4, and/or I go out to Chicago area for Anime Central).  After Anime Boston I'll give them one last call to see if they have any new info regarding it all, but I won't get my hopes up at all. It's a pity that D&B isn't interested, because I think there's one not far from me (dunno if it's closer or farther than the R1 in Taunton).

</End Disappointed Shiggitay>