Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clutch

Classic love couplings in anime

I was thinking about this after seeing some of the old movie channels while flipping through the dial. Which characters would classify as having "classic love"? I am defining "classic love" in the vein of, Sean Thornton (John Wayne) and Mary Kate Danaher (Maureen O'Hara) in The Quiet Man.

One anime couple that jumps right out to me is Keiichi and Belldandy from Aa! Megami-sama. You knew from the start that both would do anything for the other, even at the cost of their life or happiness. Who are some other characters in anime who love each other so completely?

@Revan

Agreed on Akane & Ranma (long-standing member of the Web Circle (anyone remember those?) Defenders Of the True Fiance here...)

Also:

Usagi & Mamoru (Sailor Moon)

Kyosuke & Madoka (Kimagure Orange Road)

Godai & Kyoko (Maison Ikkoku)

...just to name a few

@Revan

Agreed on Akane & Ranma (long-standing member of the Web Circle (anyone remember those?) Defenders Of the True Fiance here...)

I always thought it was the Knights of the True Fiancee tongue.png

Thread tax: Moteuchi Youta and Amano Ai (Video Girl Ai)

After what he went through in episode 6, I can't argue against them.

@Revan

I always thought it was the Knights of the True Fiancee tongue.png

Thread tax: Moteuchi Youta and Amano Ai (Video Girl Ai)

After what he went through in episode 6, I can't argue against them.

I left Youta and Ai out, because Youta did not love Ai-chan from the very beginning. His feelings changed from where they were at the start of the series.