Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F00LY

Trade Otakon Room (Hilton/Days Inn) that I have, for extra Katsucon room you have?

Posted this in the chit-chat thread, but for visibility...

I have an extra room. Can give up either Hilton for Otakon or Days Inn. Was going to hold in case friends can make it, but in need of a Katsu room.

If anyone has a Katsu room, and wants to do a trade of sorts, I'm really desperate right now lol.

Thanks!

Don't have a room to trade, but can make a suggestion for possibly finding an affordable room in walking distance. I wanted a better deal than the gaylord, and found a company through airbnb that sells off unused timeshare points on discount at the wyndham, a block from the gaylord. I'm staying in a 2 bedroom condo for just under the price of a room at the gaylord, and If they have any 1 bedroom suites left they'd be considerably cheaper. 

http://www.tripbound.com/district-of-columbia/dc-metro/wyndham-national-harbor/thank-you-quote?uid=1453071070/

How interesting!

Thanks for the suggestion, did not know about this. I will certainly look into it.

Have you used them before? Any sort of recommendation on their reputability, or is this your first stay?

Either way thanks for the suggestion.

1 minute ago, F00LY said:

How interesting!

Thanks for the suggestion, did not know about this. I will certainly look into it.

Have you used them before? Any sort of recommendation on their reputability, or is this your first stay?

Either way thanks for the suggestion.

I have not, and was worried it was too good to be true (especially since they need payment up front, not after stay). However, I found no indications of a scam, and they have a storefront, public profiles, people that answer the phone, and a BBB rating. I also confirmed this week that the hotel has my reservation, so I know I didn't just get duped.

after taxes and resort fee, gaylord is about $780 for 3 nights. The 2 bed, 2 bath condo I booked is $760 for 3 nights. A 1 bedroom was estimated at $495. At those prices it's worth any risk

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it! Will contact my girlfriend soon and see if she thinks this is a suitable replacement. Walking only a block in cosplay isn't nearly as bad.

Not bad at all. I actually prefer staying outside the Gaylord. Last time I was at Katsu, stayed thursday night at the Aloft and the next two nights at the Gaylord. You can walk to anywhere in the harbor in the amount of time it takes to get an elevator at the Gaylord, and don't get me started on getting luggage dowstairs on sunday... 

Also, the top of their website says if you subscribe to their email list, you get 10% off your first TripBound. Any idea how to do that? I subscribed to the list, got the confirmation email, but no mention of a 10% off code.

4 minutes ago, F00LY said:

Also, the top of their website says if you subscribe to their email list, you get 10% off your first TripBound. Any idea how to do that? I subscribed to the list, got the confirmation email, but no mention of a 10% off code.

No, I don't think they even offered that when I booked (was like 6 months ago)

Damn. Completely booked, but the staff was amazingly nice and took down all my info to call me should anything open up or get cancelled.