Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GasparAKAShiggitay

So it begins...

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Zeeba Neighba said:

I know I am!  I was the 48th person to pre-register, and now I've just arranged to have my badge mailed.  Can't wait till August!

Having just returned from MAGFest, I just now learned that pre-registration has started, with me getting that done ASAP (with me asking for a mailed badge this time around after the fiascoes of the last two years).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

w000t let the excitement build! Post what you're excited for here in this thread! I will once I'm at work and there's a dead moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As to what exactly I'm excited for:  Oh, where to start?  Well, of course there's the variety of stuff to see in the video rooms (particularly the live-action stuff), getting stuff commissioned at the Artists' Alley, all sorts of neat panels to attend and guests to meet.  Not only that, but some very nice restaurants to eat at plus a REALLY good music store in Fell's Point.  The latter item is one thing I'll definitely miss once Otakon moves to DC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zeeba Neighba said:

As to what exactly I'm excited for:  Oh, where to start?  Well, of course there's the variety of stuff to see in the video rooms (particularly the live-action stuff), getting stuff commissioned at the Artists' Alley, all sorts of neat panels to attend and guests to meet.  Not only that, but some very nice restaurants to eat at plus a REALLY good music store in Fell's Point.  The latter item is one thing I'll definitely miss once Otakon moves to DC.

Very nice! I'm excited for stuff I try to do every year at all the cons I go to (usually 3-4 a year), but I can't always do it.... like attending the AMV Contest ..(Screening I guess you could say?), spending copious amounts of time in the Game Room playing DDR and more recently Hatsune Miku Project Diva F/F2nd, and other stuff I can't think of at the moment. I used to go into the video rooms too, but since I stream and obtain my anime through other means I really only go into them to kill time between panels, or if the panel room is nearby and I don't wanna be late lining up... etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait! I've gone to a couple of smaller cons now and tried new things that I really haven't done at Otakon in the last 5 years I've been (things like going to certain kinds of panels and events) and now I'm really excited to do different things at Otakon. Also I'm really hyped to see what we have in store for this bittersweet year (being the last one in Baltimore and all). I bet it's going to be a blast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TomDent said:

Can't wait! I've gone to a couple of smaller cons now and tried new things that I really haven't done at Otakon in the last 5 years I've been (things like going to certain kinds of panels and events) and now I'm really excited to do different things at Otakon. Also I'm really hyped to see what we have in store for this bittersweet year (being the last one in Baltimore and all). I bet it's going to be a blast!

I agree with the bittersweet aspect. I've always loved coming to Otakon partially due to Baltimore being the most south I've ever been in the US so far. In May I'll be attending Raleigh, NC's Animazement, and once that happens MD won't be the farthest south I'll have been anymore. I'm gonna miss Baltimore in 2017, but onward to new adventures in DC from 2017 to at least 2022. I'm excited. I'll give Otakon in DC a shot for at least a year, and then I'll decide if I want to keep my legacy going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

I agree with the bittersweet aspect. I've always loved coming to Otakon partially due to Baltimore being the most south I've ever been in the US so far. In May I'll be attending Raleigh, NC's Animazement, and once that happens MD won't be the farthest south I'll have been anymore. I'm gonna miss Baltimore in 2017, but onward to new adventures in DC from 2017 to at least 2022. I'm excited. I'll give Otakon in DC a shot for at least a year, and then I'll decide if I want to keep my legacy going.

Just remember, 2018 will be our 25th year and we always go a little extra for anniversary years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ananegg said:

Just remember, 2018 will be our 25th year and we always go a little extra for anniversary years...

Okay. I'll keep that in mind! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm extra excited for this year since I think it'll be harder to convince friends to go once it's in DC. This might be the last chance I get to go all out with my friends! I also might be cosplaying, so that's something to keep me busy (procrastinating) in the months until con. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, grimacedia said:

I'm extra excited for this year since I think it'll be harder to convince friends to go once it's in DC. This might be the last chance I get to go all out with my friends! I also might be cosplaying, so that's something to keep me busy (procrastinating) in the months until con. 

w00p w00p! haha. I'll try DC for a year or 3, but I can't promise I'll keep going yearly after say 2018... we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not thinking about anything specific, but since Otakon moves next year I want to get in as much as I can. Otakon has been in Baltimore for as long as I've been attending and it's sad to see it leaving. I hope after the DC contract is up Baltimore will try to win us back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neardawg said:

I'm not thinking about anything specific, but since Otakon moves next year I want to get in as much as I can. Otakon has been in Baltimore for as long as I've been attending and it's sad to see it leaving. I hope after the DC contract is up Baltimore will try to win us back.

Totes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year I want to really cosplay - I'm already planning a few different things, but my goal is to make something with a little armor to really challenge myself :) And then I'd like to also take part in a photoshoot (getting photos of myself would be neat! But a group photoshoot is a must-do for me!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited to see people I met last year and meet new friends! This is also the one con my close friends and I get together for so it's a big deal for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta get started on my cosplay. I want it to be something really standout for the last year in Baltimore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really expected this topic to be the usual countdown; I guess no one cares enough to do that anymore lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KaotiK said:

Really expected this topic to be the usual countdown; I guess no one cares enough to do that anymore lol

lol I could make a timeanddate.com count down timer thing if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

lol I could make a timeanddate.com count down timer thing if you want.

Doesn't really matter, I've got the registration page bookmarked to keep an eye on it. I'm just so used to seeing the countdown threads lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×