Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UzumakiWarlord

Autographs 2016

I hope the staff won't mind, but now that the con is a month away, I thought it would be a good idea to start a topic in regards to autographs this year.

I decided to start this as a way for for us attendees, and staff alike to see how autographs for each guest will work out for the con's final year in Baltimore.  And also, because I noticed that last year, any sort of inquiries, and questions, and any sort of topic regarding autographs were a bit all over the place in the message boards, so I thought starting a topic on this would make things easier for everyone.

Other than that, I thought this would be alright for both attendees and staff to help one another out.

As for my own thought about autographs this year, I STRONGLY recommend using the Hyatt building again, just like the last two years.  In 2014, it worked out well with the ballroom, and using the Maryland suites last year wasn't bad, either.  But I think the ballroom would be the better one to use, as there's so much room inside for people to line up, and wait.

And as of right now, these are the following guests that I am to meet, and try to get a signature or two from: Caitlin Glass, the 4 guys of the One Punch Man dub, and possibly Michi.

Glad to see this is a thing again.

For me, the autographs I'm going after are Lotus Juice, Hirata Shihoko, Diana Garnet and possibly Yoshitaka Kawaguchi. My only concern is that all of them except for Kawaguchi are going to be Matsuri guests. Will those three be around for autographs at the con itself or are they just there for the Matsuri? I'm seriously hoping that they get autograph sessions because those are my three big ones so far.

I'm hoping Lotus Juice and Hirata Shihoku have autographs available as well. Just crossing my fingers there won't be a repeat of last year's incident with Back-On if they do.

The current plan for this year, barring emergencies, is that almost all the sessions will be in the Camden Lobby area of the BCC (the same place as usual). If we were going to be sticking in Baltimore for a few more years we might experiment a bit more with it, but it should work well for our schedule this year and next year everything will be different. There are currently planned two sessions over in the Hyatt in the Maryland room, and they will be guests from Matsuri. Lotus Juice and Hirata Shihoku are currently scheduled for the Camden Lobby though on Friday. The trick with us using the Hyatt space is it forces us to split our team to the two separate areas, and is also a bit inconvenient getting the guests over there sometimes since it's away from the screening rooms and panel rooms that they might need to be in around the time of a session. But again, next year is a whole different thing anyway, so I just hope we get things as efficient as possible for this year and you all have fun. ;D

By your response Mr. Ogul, could we assume that the schedule will be out later this week or so?  And also, do you know if Caitlin Glass and/or Alexis Tipton will be bringing any headshots or character cards with them?

3 hours ago, UzumakiWarlord said:

By your response Mr. Ogul, could we assume that the schedule will be out later this week or so?  And also, do you know if Caitlin Glass and/or Alexis Tipton will be bringing any headshots or character cards with them?

This isn't a definite answer by any means, but I'm pretty sure the last time I saw each of them, Caitlin had some prints available, but I don't think Alexis did.

Unfortunately, we don't generally know what guests will bring with them (sometimes they don't either) until they arrive. Every guest is a bit different.

When we are aware of specific limitations or requirements (especially for industry-sponsored signings), we try to communicate that on the autographs page on the Otakon website. 

I have no idea when the schedule will be officially released, but so far as I know my particular end of it is more or less finalized (although things are always subject to change if something comes up).

I also don't know in advance which guests will be bringing materials, but a lot of actors do these days.

If a guest is signing as part of a group (i.e. Lisa Ortiz is only listed as signing with Pokemon cast members) would it be safe to assume that that guest will only be signing materials related to that group?  I really wanted Ms. Ortiz to sign my Slayers DVD Boxset, but she won't be singing solo it seems, and I'm not sure if it's even worth bringing it.

Hey ogul, quick question, that Gundam Thunderbolt Cast/Crew signing session kind of caught my attention for Sunday. Is that an industry signing or just a normal Otakon signing? Only reason I'm asking is because I remember the one year when there were a few guests from Gundam Unicorn and the session was Unicorn only items and you had to get a ticket from the Bandai/Sunrise booth. Was just wondering. Thank you!

23 hours ago, Eddie 2 said:

Hey ogul, quick question, that Gundam Thunderbolt Cast/Crew signing session kind of caught my attention for Sunday. Is that an industry signing or just a normal Otakon signing? Only reason I'm asking is because I remember the one year when there were a few guests from Gundam Unicorn and the session was Unicorn only items and you had to get a ticket from the Bandai/Sunrise booth. Was just wondering. Thank you!

I can't 100% make promises, because you know how sometimes they pull things on us at the last minute, but I have heard absolutely nothing about any of our scheduled signings having weird rules. If it's in our area, they should work as a normal Otakon signing by the standard rules. There is the Charlotte signing in the Dealer's Room on Sunday, and maybe a few others down there that we haven't heard about yet, but that has nothing to do with our end. We'll keep our ears open and if you guys come across anyone in the Dealer's Room trying to sell you on a special signing benefit, let us know about it so we can better inform other people.