Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TakenAlpha

Gofer orientation

Question

This is probably a stupid question but when is Gofer orientation?

7 answers to this question

If you go into your Gofer page it has you select the meeting time that best suits your schedule - according to the page there are four meetings, two on Thursday and then another 2 on Friday.  (It's on the same page that you select the amount of hours you're willing to volunteer - and your shirt size if you earn either of the t's).

8 hours ago, CaiaWar said:

If you go into your Gofer page it has you select the meeting time that best suits your schedule - according to the page there are four meetings, two on Thursday and then another 2 on Friday.  (It's on the same page that you select the amount of hours you're willing to volunteer - and your shirt size if you earn either of the t's).

I meant is it the week of the con a week before? I can't find the info for that.

Thursday the day before (Pre-reg pickup day and the Matsui) and Friday (first day of con).

Yup, it takes about that much time. Get the speech, go over the pointers, will out the W9, often a facility tour, then scheduling. Food is sometimes involved at one point or another in these endeavors. Sometimes a shadowy and mysterious figure plays the organ at the Otterbein Church for us. 

Even if you've been to the Orientations before, we do go over the information (for your sanity and our own), just to refresh.

Would there be any issue with changing the orientation we planned to attend? I'd put myself down for attendance at Friday's, but it looks as though I'll be arriving earlier than I thought and will be able to make the 4 PM Thursday session, so I'd gladly go to that one if it won't throw already-planned things out of whack.