Tachibana

Otakon 2017 Guest Request topic

125 posts in this topic

Howdy gang! I realize it's a bit early for this, but I figure... hey why not? I'm sure everyone has some guests they'd like to meet or attend panels of, or bands or musicians to recommend. 

Japanese acting guests:

• AKIRA (she's a really cool musician and her portrayal of Uesugi Kenshin in the Sengoku BASARA stage play series is amazing; even if you can't get her or her band (Disacode) as a musical guest specifically I'd love to just meet her! She seems to be popping up at several American cons lately without her band so I imagine it'd be easy to bring her over) (Official blog; Solo site)

Japanese musical guests:

Japanese voice acting guests:

• Natsuko Kuwatani
  • Maaya Sakamoto

American voiceover guests:

• Stephanie Sheh (I fully recognize that it is highly unlikely as she's been twice recently... but let me dream! I wasn't able to attend Otakon either time she recently came, unfortunately, lol) 
  • Carrie Keranen 
  • Sarah Blandy (New up and coming voice actress! Right now she's only really got Fire Emblem Fates under her belt but she says she's recorded for other upcoming things she can't really talk about right now, so by the time Otakon has come around there'll probably be some more things she's been in) 
  • Cindy Robinson 

To everyone in the staff, I would strongly consider inviting anyone of these following people to be guests:

Dub Actors

-Bryce Papenbrook

-Steve Blum

-Todd Haberkorn

-Colleen Clickenbeard

-Monica Rial

-Jamie Marchi

-Patrick Seitz

-Matt Mercer

-Ian Sinclair

-Cherami Leigh

-Brittney Karbowski

-Felecia Angelle

-Stephanie Young

-Chuck Huber

-Joel McDonald

-Wendee Lee

-Robert McCollum

-Brina Palencia

-Cristina Vee

-Amanda Miller

-Erica Mendez

-Erika Harlacher

-Josh Grelle

Writers

-Gen Urobuchi

Seiyu

-Hitomi Hirada

-Yoko Hikasa

Musical Acts

-Kalafina

-Eir Aoi

-Luna Haruna

-Linked Horizon

Directors:

Hideaki Anno. I can dream. 

Musical Acts:

Unison Square Garden
Kalafina.

If y'all can ever swing a writer or creator for some prominent Japanese video game studio, that'd be cool; I know I'd love to meet some of them, but I have no clue how realistic this is.

Now that we're finally moving to DC, I hereby resume my annual request for Nana Mizuki. She is awesome and I love her, please bring her.

My shortish list(subject to addition):

VAs:

- Kyle Hebert

Seiyuu:

- Minori Suzuki. Scratch that, make that ALL of the seiyuu for Walkure.

Musical acts:

- JUNNA (see? moar Walkure)

- BAND-MAID

-Shonen Knife

As is tradition Megumi Hayashibara please

Directors
Mamoru Hosoda
Akiyuki Shinbou

Yamakan

U.S. Voice actors
Amanda Winn Lee
Jason Lee
Chris Patton

Greg Ayres

Yuri Lowenthall

Michelle Ruff

Japanese Voice Actors
Megumi Hayashibara
Ami Koshimizu
Nana Mizuki

Ai Kayano

Miyu Irino

Manga Writters
Ken Akamastsu 

Muscial Acts

FLOW

Kalafina

Not exactly Otakon type of guest but close enough

Austin St. John

So many guests I want to see!

Voice Actors:

Jerry Jewell

Kyle Hebert

Justin Cook

J. Michael Tatum 

Christ Sabat

John Burgmeier

Seiyu:

Kappei Yamaguchi

Mayumi Tanaka

Minami Takayama

Megumi Hayashibara

Hiroki Hirata

Wataru Takagi

Kazuya Nakai

Otani Ikue

Artists:

Home Made Kazoku

Mai Kuraki

Lotus Juice 

T.M. Revolution

Aqua Timez

Asian Kung-Fu Generation

SID

Rookie'z is Punk'd

Crystal Kay

Do As Infinity

Flow

LM.C

I also hereby resume my yearly request for the band that got me interested in Jpop: Do As Infinity! I've been requesting them forever it seems... Now with this DC move I think it's more possible to get ppl  to see them. That and if their tour/otherwise schedule allows them to come to the US for a week(end).

I also second the request for the great, the ONLY Megumi Hayashibara!

I'd also love to have the 90s Japanese 5 inner Sallor Senshi seiyuu:

Mitsuishi Kotono (Tsukino Usagi/Sailor Moon)

Hisakawa Aya (Mizuno Ami/Sailor Mercury

Tomizawa Michie (Hino Rei/Sailor Mars)

Shinohara Emi (Kino Makoto/Sailor Jupiter)

Fumaki Rica (Aino Minako/Sailor Venus)

I'd be so happy to see Usagi and Rei have a tongue battle on stage. Also them yelling our their transformation phrases... omfg. It'd be hilarious and awesome. Any kind of dialogue between them 5 would be surreal for me, and likely many others. I know each of them had their own solo careers post-90s Sailor Moon. That'd be interesting to hear about too.

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

5 hours ago, onsenmark said:

My shortish list(subject to addition):

Musical acts:

- BAND-MAID

They broke up.

Also, I have a dollar bet that says someone, not as a joke or Ironically, requests Vic Mignogna in this thread.

Regarding Vic being invited for next year's event- I'm alright with that.  I like his voice work, sure, but I will admit that I'm not too big a fan of his.  Mostly due to his fan girls (no personal offense to those who are), and the rumors surrounding him.  I have heard some things about how treats some staff at cons, and even some of his fans.  And I have even heard that there were a couple of cons that once had him that refuse to have him back.  Now I'll be reserving all judgement if I'll ever get to meet him someday, but I think I've heard enough to where I partially believe them.

Whenever Otakon invites him, are they aware of what some people say about him?

4 hours ago, UzumakiWarlord said:

Regarding Vic being invited for next year's event- I'm alright with that.  I like his voice work, sure, but I will admit that I'm not too big a fan of his.  Mostly due to his fan girls (no personal offense to those who are), and the rumors surrounding him.  I have heard some things about how treats some staff at cons, and even some of his fans.  And I have even heard that there were a couple of cons that once had him that refuse to have him back.  Now I'll be reserving all judgement if I'll ever get to meet him someday, but I think I've heard enough to where I partially believe them.

Whenever Otakon invites him, are they aware of what some people say about him?

I can't speak for other cons, but we haven't had issues with Vic himself.

I have known Vic for more than a decade, and he is generally fantastic with his fans. Where things get complicated is that he tends to draw a lot of fans, and trying to satisfy them sometimes causes difficulties with the staff of some cons that aren't prepared to deal with it. And sometimes his fans get pushy and possessive -- which can happen to anyone.

I've just been copying the same list every year tbh because I can dream.

Seiyuu:
Katsuyuki Konishi
Mamoru Miyano
Yuichiro Umehara
Miyuki Sawashiro
Jun Fukuyama
Tsubasa Yonaga
Ryotaro Okiayu
Junichi Suwabe
Kenjiro Tsuda
Yuuichi Nakamura
Akira Ishida
Hiroshi Kamiya
Daisuke Ono
Daisuke Namikawa
Takehito Koyasu
Takahiro Sakurai
Kazuya Nakai
Mamiko Noto
Kaito Ishikawa
Yoshimasa Hosoya

Musical artists:
OLDCODEX
GRANRODEO

My yearly guest request!

Japanese Guests:

- Fumihiko Takayama

- Kouji Tsujitani

- Tohru Fujisawa

- Wataru Takagi

Never Going to Happen Guests: (but if it happens Good God Almighty!)

- Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Hideo Kojima
- Yoshikazu Yasuhiko
- Shuuichi Ikeda

English Guests:

- David Hayter
- Keith Silverstein
- Liam O' Brien

Joe Hisaichi from Studio Ghibli.

Even though he came over a decade ago, and it's already "not gonna happen" as it is... Nightow, Nightow, Nightow please.

Keeping up with a certain pattern, I'd go with either Natsuko Kuwatani or Yu Kobayashi if you're looking for an awesome seiyuu for Otakon 2017. :lol:

11 hours ago, Melange Gel said:

Even though he came over a decade ago, and it's already "not gonna happen" as it is... Nightow, Nightow, Nightow please.

It's been AGES since I saw him.  He was one of the first guests I ever met at Otakon, along with MrMaruyama. :) 

Music Guests:

Linked Horizon

fripside

Perfume

MAN WITH A MISSION

Other:

ZUN (Team Shanghai Alice)

On 8/16/2016 at 1:25 PM, mitamaking said:

Not exactly Otakon type of guest but close enough

Austin St. John

Otakon has had Jason David Frank, so why not Austin St. John?

1 person likes this

For this year's otakon, Kazutomi Yamamoto is prefect.

It sounds like a Day Dream but I really want to see all five seiyuu who acting Cute High Earth Defense Club!

Who are Kazutomi Yamamoto of course

& Yuichiro Umehara

& Kotaro Nishiyama

& Yuusuke Shirai

& Toshiki Masuda

They also could be musical artists!

They already had a lot of events, one mini live & one live in the past which they actually dance and sing on the stage.

They have a up coming live in Makuhari Messe (at where AKB48 had a lot of their lives as well)

Meanwhile, they are gonna sign on Animelo Summer Live (the largest Anime Song Live in the world) 2016.

So I believe they are good enough to be a musical artists! Also they could be seiyuu guests!

• Shouta Aoi (Seiyuu)
  • Suzuko Mimori (Seiyuu)
  • Morikubo Showtaro (Seiyuu)
  • Toshiki Masuda (Seiyuu)
  • Tsubasa Yonaga (Seiyuu)

All of the above seiyuu could be considered for musical acts as well, as they all have large discographies.

• nano (Musical Act)
  • petit milady (Musical Act)
  • Afilia Saga (Musical Act)
  • Passpo (Musical Act)
  • Ai Yoshimura (Director)
  • Ally & Sally (https://www.youtube.com/user/moetwinstyle on youtube) Really cute aspiring Canadian idols for a musical act.

Edited by wondermelody

On 8/16/2016 at 6:23 PM, Ananegg said:

They broke up.

Also, I have a dollar bet that says someone, not as a joke or Ironically, requests Vic Mignogna in this thread.

riiiiiiiiiiiiight. news to me...

Would love to see Tamura Yukari since she is both a seiyuu and singer.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

1 person likes this

Production Staff

Sayo Yamamoto (She's directed some remarkably striking works and is a protégée of Shinichirō Watanabe; I suspect that Yuri!!! On Ice might raise her profile a little)

Rie Matsumoto (She's a very promising rising talent.  Her directing Kyōsōgiga, Pretty Cure and Blood Blockade Battlefront makes for broad potential interest)

Yōsuke Kuroda (He's been prolific for long enough that nearly everybody with any interest in anime has to have seen at least something that he's written, which I assume would make for plenty to talk about)

Kōichi Mashimo (He hasn't directed anything since 2011, but I'm too much of a sucker for Noir not to pitch him and his long experience in the industry should give him plenty to say)

Mangaka

Kaoru Mori (She's a phenomenal artist, but beyond that,I think that her love of learning about and portraying the detail of the periods and peoples in her manga would offer plenty for her to talk about)

Takako Shimura (The subjects treated in Wandering Son and Sweet Blue Flowers, which Viz announced this year at Otakon, would make her very much of interest to a significant number of members)

Milk Morinaga (This would be a niche choice, but Seven Seas has seen appreciable success publishing her work and there's probably a dedicated, if modest, audience that would come to see her; she even said once that it would be wonderful to meet her overseas readers, albeit perhaps just pro forma)

English Voice Actors

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (She has a commanding voice and her long and impressive experience working in English dubbing would make her uncommonly interesting among English-language guests)

Edited by Surrender Artist
Inserted link to emphasize a point.

I have another one:   Andrew W. K.

Hear me out:

*  AWK has already put out an album of Gundam music  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam_Rock

*  As well one covering a lot of Japanese pop songs in English  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Japan_Covers

So there are his bona fides for being "within scope" of the Otakon Mission of promoting Asian pop culture. 

*  AWK already appeared at an MLP convention, so he has been to the proverbial rodeo before

*  AWK has a prior relationship with Elliot in the Morning of the DC-101 morning show, meaning he could promote Otakon

*  Like L'Arc en Ciel or Yoshiki, there are fans willing to get a membership just to attend the concert. 

*  I'd go to a panel where he explains how he came to like anime

1 person likes this

I have not usually been especially interested i musical guests, but two interesting longshots occurred to me recently:

Naruyoshi Kikuchi (He played saxaphone for The Seatbelts on the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, worked on the theme song for Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine and most recently was responsible for the music of Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt)

Really, any good Japanese jazz musician, and there are a lot of the, would be worth having.

Mai Yamane (She sang, with an astoundingly rich and smoky voice, "Rain" in "Ballad of Fallen Angels", "Gotta Knock a Little Harder" in Cowboy Bebop: The Movie and as "The Real Folk Blues" among other things, which really should be enough.) 

As an older fan, I wouldn't say no to seeing some of the older voice actors get invitations to attend. I have nothing against the current crowd, but sometimes it's hard to get excited about voice actors for new anime that I don't have as much time to keep up with. The new Escaflowne dub premiere made me think of it, but maybe Kelly Sheridan and Kirby Morrow could be invited, since they played off of each others' character in so many series (to include Escaflowne). I'd also love to see Scott McNeil, Justin Cook, Mary Elizabeth Glynn, Jerry Jewell, Cynthia Cranz, or Richard Ian Cox. I have such good memories and love for the older series that they featured in.  Some of them are still doing voice work, and some have moved onto doing production work. Either way, there's plenty they can do at a panel, and it'd be nice to see some faces from anime years past.

9 hours ago, LittleHobbit13 said:

The new Escaflowne dub premiere made me think of it, but maybe Kelly Sheridan and Kirby Morrow could be invited, since they played off of each others' character in so many series (to include Escaflowne).

One big problem in terms of Kelly Sheridan as a guest in 2017: she is also involved in a certain little show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (she voices Twilight's student, Starlight Glimmer), and with Bronycon next year happening the same weekend as Otakon, it's more than likely she'll be taking part in Bronycon instead if she does appear in a D.C. area con that weekend.

Edited by TnAdct1

5 minutes ago, TnAdct1 said:

One big problem in terms of Kelly Sheridan as a guest in 2017: she is also involved in a certain little show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (she voices Twilight's student, Starlight Glimmer), and with Bronycon next year happening the same weekend as Otakon, it's more than likely she'll be taking part in Bronycon instead if she does appear in a D.C. area con that weekend.

Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. She's certainly not gonna show at Otakon if it's just assumed she'd rather go to Bronycon and doesn't even get a choice. She has one major role on MLP right now, but she's done a TON of voices for anime. Job interview advice applies: Put yourself out there as an option and let them be the one to say no. :)

Edited by LittleHobbit13

Dealers Room : Dannychoo for industry booth =3=

Musical: Utada Hikaru, f(x)

This is just my dream list... haha =P 

Edited by ciroth
1 person likes this

Well, here we go again. Here's mine. I won't make it as long as the one I did for last year's.

Seiyuu:

Ayako Kawasumi
Noriaki Sugiyama
Junichi Suwabe
Kana Ueda
Rina Satou
Satomi Arai
Minori Chihara
Yuko Goto
Aki Toyosaki
Yoko HIkasa
Satomi Sato
Minako Kotobuki
Ayana Taketatsu
Yuichi Nakamura
Kana Hanazawa
Rie Kugimiya
Satoshi Hino
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
Haruka Tomatsu

Musical:

fripSide
Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas
Three Lights Down Kings
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Aimer
Nico Touches the Walls
Yanagi Nagi
Nana Mizuki

I also wanted to put in a request for Mami Kawada, however I heard she retired from being a singer so that went out the window sadly. I also acknowledge that the majority of my list will never happen, but I can dream can't I?

2 people like this

Well, if she's up to venturing to DC for next year's Otakon, I'd love to see Helen McCarthy come as a guest...you know, for obvious reasons... :)

Trust I know that these guest suggestions will probably never happen when I can attend but anyways here goes :D as if they would be at Otakon 2017 I know I would be attending as they are my life long dreams to meet because of my fangirl side screaming :D 

Musical Guests:
BigBang (trust me i know this would probably be impossible but a girl can dream <3 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b6Lff65yCU
ON OFF

Dub Voice Actors
Crispin Freeman (only because i couldn't attend in 2013 :( )
Yuri Lowenthal
Dave Wittenburg

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:15 PM, Noel said:

I have another one:   Andrew W. K.

Hear me out:

*  AWK has already put out an album of Gundam music  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam_Rock

*  As well one covering a lot of Japanese pop songs in English  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Japan_Covers

So there are his bona fides for being "within scope" of the Otakon Mission of promoting Asian pop culture. 

*  AWK already appeared at an MLP convention, so he has been to the proverbial rodeo before

*  AWK has a prior relationship with Elliot in the Morning of the DC-101 morning show, meaning he could promote Otakon

*  Like L'Arc en Ciel or Yoshiki, there are fans willing to get a membership just to attend the concert. 

*  I'd go to a panel where he explains how he came to like anime

Man I love that suggestion, great call! If Andrew WK came to Otakon that would be killer. His live shows are amazing and always highly entertaining. I believe he lives on the east coast as well (NYC).

On 8/18/2016 at 3:23 PM, balusisy said:

For this year's otakon, Kazutomi Yamamoto is prefect.

It sounds like a Day Dream but I really want to see all five seiyuu who acting Cute High Earth Defense Club!

Who are Kazutomi Yamamoto of course

& Yuichiro Umehara

& Kotaro Nishiyama

& Yuusuke Shirai

& Toshiki Masuda

They also could be musical artists!

They already had a lot of events, one mini live & one live in the past which they actually dance and sing on the stage.

They have a up coming live in Makuhari Messe (at where AKB48 had a lot of their lives as well)

Meanwhile, they are gonna sign on Animelo Summer Live (the largest Anime Song Live in the world) 2016.

So I believe they are good enough to be a musical artists! Also they could be seiyuu guests!

They're great. You ought to just go to Japan and see them if you can...

IDOLM@STER please. The original, Cinderella Girls, Million Live or SideM are all great gets for me and my countless Producer comrades! Any one of them...(any single one or more, really).

Other music guests...

Bless4 - I finally saw them live and they are really good... Plus they speak English.
Miyano Mamoru - He can do a backfliip?
Angela - If we bring them back again they will put on the best show.
KOTOKO - Still the best rock/dance anison act live IMO.
Konomi Suzuki - She's still rather young but she is so good! That voice! 
Azusa Tadokoro - Kind of similar to Konomin above but with fewer tie-in in her library. Very talented and cute.
Popping Party from Bang Dream - Because fake girls school rockband is the next best Love Live. Not to mention Saechi can really shred. 
AOP (A応P) - It's about time Otakon invited one of those indie-ish idol group, and this one is the kind that's hand-grown, all organic.
Wake Up, Girls - Same as above, except this one shouts out to Tohoku and honors ex-Otakon guest, Yamamoto Yutaka lol.
fhana - IMO the best anison band out there today.
Hanazawa Kana - Because renai circulation is still hilarious.
Hiroyuki Sawamp - His group would be such a treat for a more classy audience.

Anime production guests:

Hayashi Isao - Lately been digging his stuff
Tsutomu MIzushima - Veteran TV anime/movie director, Garupan, Squid Girl, Shirobako etc
Noriko Takao - Ex-Kyoani animator now heading A-1 projects, FMP, Cinderella Girls, Saint Young Men
Nishigori Atsushi - Ex-Gainax, affiliated with Trigger but also A-1
Akiyuki Shimbo - Because I guess we still talk about this guy from time to time.

Seiyuu:

Manami Numakura - Idolm@ster, Arpeggio, Overlord
Haruka Yoshimura - Cinderella Girls, Shirobako
Sora Amamiya - Akame ga Kill, Tokyo Ghoul, Monmusu
Yumi Hara - Idolm@ster, Log Horizon, Overlord
Momo Asakura - Charlotte, most adorable seiyuu ever
Rie Kugimiya - Veteran seiyuu who was all the rage in the late 00s. Top tsundere voice.
Houko Kuwashima - Another prolific seiyuu who's been around the last 20 years
Tomokazu Sugita - More known for his personality than his works, but he's been around a long while too
Norio Wakamoto - Same, but even longer
Saki Fujita - Hatsune Miku's voice, but also Kancolle, Wagnaria, Assassination Classroom
Sumire Uesaka - Lolita model & voice actress & solo artist. Concrete Revolutio might be her big break?
Kaori Mizuhashi - One of the best supporting role voices in recent memory
Ai Kayano - Super prolific journeyman seiyuu. Anohana, NGNL, etc.

On 8/29/2016 at 8:50 PM, SucoLamiaStriga{Jen} said:

Trust I know that these guest suggestions will probably never happen when I can attend but anyways here goes :D as if they would be at Otakon 2017 I know I would be attending as they are my life long dreams to meet because of my fangirl side screaming :D 

Musical Guests:
BigBang (trust me i know this would probably be impossible but a girl can dream <3 )
As Meeting Daesung, Taeyang and G-Dragon are what this fan girl needs <3 plus they bring a high energy to any room they are in and i feel with this being the first year in DC we need to start out with a BANG!!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b6Lff65yCU
ON OFF

Dub Voice Actors
Crispin Freeman (only because i couldn't attend in 2013 :( )
Yuri Lowenthal
Dave Wittenburg
Jason Liebrecht
Darren Pleavin
Quinton Flynn

Music:

Rachel Rhodes/Yasuda Rei: Same person, performs under the latter. You may have heard her as most of the voice behind Lumi of Genki Rockets in the Lumines games, Child of Eden etc. She's had a few of her songs used in anime like Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and The Irregular at Magic High School. She put out her second solo album this year.

Ikimono-gakari: They're a pop-rock trio that's contributed songs to Naruto: Shippuden, Bleach and even NHK's broadcast of the 2012 Olympic Games. They also seem plenty fun live.

GRANRODEO: They're a prominent anison rock group who, far as I know, has never performed stateside.

I'd ask for Natsuko Aso and Faylan to be invited to Otakon proper, but both their music careers are on hold for different reasons (Aso has been focusing on other things for the last few years and Faylan took an indefinite hiatus for health reasons earlier this year).

Going to go out there and say MeteoroiD as a musical guest. They did Tokyo in Tulsa last summer, and since then they've made efforts to connect with their overseas fans. I'm sure they'd be delighted to be invited to come to the states again since they seemed to love it last time.

I really would like to see an idol group at Otakon. The investment and logistics would be hard, but it hasn't been done in recent memory.  Momoiro Clover Z, Sakura Gakuin, AKB48, Morning Musume or U's is my request.

A stranger request would be The Squid Sisters from Splatoon. They had a live show in Japan and France. It's a hologram concert.

On 8/15/2016 at 9:38 PM, texside said:

Directors:

Hideaki Anno. I can dream. 

I can dream as well.  It would be a truly once in a lifetime opportunity to meet him and thank him for his creative works.  I would love to get his unused Otakon 1999 guest badge signed.

On 9/27/2016 at 0:17 AM, Aresef said:

Music:

I'd ask for Natsuko Aso and Faylan to be invited to Otakon proper, but both their music careers are on hold for different reasons (Aso has been focusing on other things for the last few years and Faylan took an indefinite hiatus for health reasons earlier this year).

Faylan is back, if you didn't know.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-02/singer-faylan-returns-from-hiatus-after-recovering-from-illness/.106041

I just got back from Nekocon and want to put in a pitch for Vocamerica. The concert was awesome, the crowd was big and it was a great to see the western Vocaloids get their due credit. The production values were top notch and I was excited to see such a fun event manifest from a kickstarter.  Maika was my personal favorite :) 

EmpathP said they have no other events booked on the horizon and that the best way to get the western Vocaloids out to more events is to have the fans spread the good word.  The new facilities at Otakon would be an awesome venue next year. 

I'll post a separate thread later tomorrow that has a few pictures we took as well. 

Kishou Taniyama!! ( VA ) He's voiced lots of characters from popular animes. Just a few include Kittan (Gurren Lagann), Jean (Attack on Titan), Ikki (Amnesia), and most recently, Chuuya Nakahara from Bungou Stray Dogs (which granrodeo does the season 1 OP, and Kishou also sings Chuuya's character song <3 )

Also - GRANRODEO! as a musical guest.

You could get a two-for here btw, since Kishou is the singer for GRANRODEO.

1 person likes this

how bout getting both Ikki (Amnesia) AND his best friend in the game, Kent (Amnesia) aka Akira Ishida.  Akira has done a huge amount of voice over the years including Zeref (Fairy Tail), Kotaro Katsura (Gintama), Garra (Naruto), Cho Hakkai (Saiyuki), Akise Aru (Future Diary) and Arther Zala (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny) just to name a few.  ^//////^

Now that this is availabe, here is my desired guest list for Otakon 2017!!

U.S. Voice actors

John Burgmeier - voice of Kurama [yu yu hakusho], Tien Shinhan [DBZ] and Shigure [Fruits Basket]

Michelle Ruff - Rukia Kuchiki [bleach], Yuki Nagato [Haruhi Suzumiya] and Yoko Littner [Gurren Lagann]

Yuri Lowenthal - Suzaku Kururugi

, Shinra Kishitani [Durarara!] and Simon [Gurren Lagann]

Bridget Hoffman - Irisveil Von Einzbern [Fate/Zero], Shinobu Maehara [Love Hina], and Older Nia Teppelin [Gurren Lagann]

Sam Riegel - Viral (Gurren Lagann), Mephisto Pheles(Blue Exorcist), Lil Slugger (Paranoia Agent); 

Kent Williams - Fruits Basket (Hatori Sohma), Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (Father); Future Diary (Deus)

Luci Christian - Ouran High School Host ClubHoney), Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (Truth), Princess Tutu (Duck/Princess Tutu), One Piece (Nami)

Chuck Huber - Yu Yu Hakusho (Hiei), Soul Eater (Dr. Stien), Sgt. Frog (Kululu), Dragon Ball (Emperor Pilaf)

Brittney Karbowski - Soul Eater (Black Star), Parasyte (Migi), FMA:B (Selime Bradley)

Japanese Seiyuus:

Mamoru Miyano - Rin Matsuoka [Free!], Tamaki Shou [Ouran High School Host Club], Light Yagami [Death Note], Death the Kid [soul Eater]

Tatsuhisa Suzuki - Makoto Tachibana [Free!], Ban [Seven Deadly Sins], Kazunari Takao [Kuroko's Basket] OR anyone from the main seiyuu leads from Free Iwatobi Swim Team ;D

Rie Kugimiya aka QUEEN of Tsudere - Taiga [Toradora], Alphonse Elric [FMA:B], Happy [Fairy Tail], and Juzo Suzuya [Tokyo Ghoul]

Kana Hanazawa - Angel [Angel Beats], Moriyama Shiemi [Blue Exorcist], Shiro [Deadman Wonderland], and Akane Tsunemori [Psycho-Pass]

Nana Mizuki - Hinata Hyuuga [Naruto], Lan Fan [FMA:B], Utau Hoshina-Tsukiyomi [shugo Chara] and Alois Trancy [black Butler II]

Mangaka:

Natsuki Takaya - Fruits Basket (please please PLEASE!!)

Maki Enjōji - Happy Mari,

Miho Obana - Kodocha

Hiromu Arakawa - FMA, Silver Spoon, The Heroic Legend of Arslan

Yuu Watase - Fushigi Yuugi, Alice 19, Arata - The Legend

Ken Akamastsu - Love HIna, Negema!

Bands:

UVERworld

Asian Kung Fu Generation

FLOW

SID

OLDCODEXX (if you get Tatsuhisa Suzuki to come that is... :D)

Any of the voice actors from the original Sailor Moon English dub. I loved going to a panel a few years ago with Moon's, Mars's & Grandpa's voice actors. I really liked seeing Dante Basco as well.

1 person likes this