Tachibana

Otakon 2017 Guest Request topic

125 posts in this topic

I would like to suggest Musical "Toukenranbu" as a musical guest.
It's a musical show based on game Toukenranbu.
Last year, I saw a lot of ppl cosplaying Toukenranbu's characters at Otakon

The second show of Musical "Toukenranbu" had a Oversea show in Shanghai and they went to India Gaming show as guests. The group of the first show Musical "Toukenranbu" also going to attend Japan Expo as guest.

They become a bit hit on 2.5-Dimensional Musical. They had preformed on famous NHK show "Music Japan" and other TV show. They also performed a Live in Itsukushima Shrine, which is one of a World Heritage Site, for Itsukushima Shrine's 20 years anniversary of becoming World Heritage Site. Meanwhile, their annual Live "Shinkenranbu Sai 2016" was hold in Osaka Jo Hall and Ryogoku Sumo Hall, both hall can hold up over 10,000 audience.

Their first PV on Youtube had 1,681,745 views up to now and second one had 712,123 views. Their third PV has just been uploaded and has exceed 44,174 views over 3 days.

Also, the creator company Nelke Planning seems willing to let the world know more about 2.5-Dimensional Musical. As acting in a 2.5D, Musical Toukenranbu's cast looks cute, trained well and understand the characters well. The characters are famous sword in Japanese History, which had human's body and heart in order to protect history from ppl who want to change it. In the live show of Musical Toukenranbu, the cast dressed a new designed custom sing and dance. Which is one of the best point of Musical Toukenranbu.

Their homepage: musical-toukenranbu.jp
Nelke's homepage: www.nelke.co.jp

Seiyuu:

Atsumi Tanezaki (Chise Hatori from The Ancient Magus Bride) (PLEASE) I know that she will be in Texas for another U.S. convention like a few days after, so she might be willing to do this one as well....

Suwa Nanaka (Kanan Matsuura from Love Live! Sunshine!!)

Ryōta Takeuchi (Elias Ainsworth from The Ancient Magus Bride) (If you can get both Atsumi Tanezaki and Ryota Takeuchi for this con, I will die of happiness)

Takahiro Sakurai (Miura Riichi from The Ancient Magus Bride, Noboru Taki from Hibike! Euphonium)

Tomoyo Kurosawa (Kumiko Oumae from Hibike! Euphonium)

Chika Anzai (Kousaka Reina from Hibike! Euphonium)

Moe Toyota (Kawashima Sapphire from Hibike! Euphonium)

Ayaka Asai (Katou Hazuki from Hibike! Euphonium)

Mangaka:

Kore Yamazaki (The Ancient Magus Bride

In regards to my earlier post, Anisama is at the tail end of August, so GRANRODEO, Aquors, angela, fhana, they're all free...or at least they're not doing that.

4 hours ago, Aresef said:

In regards to my earlier post, Anisama is at the tail end of August, so GRANRODEO, Aquors, angela, fhana, they're all free...or at least they're not doing that.

Not sure about Aquors (could be on tour during Otakon), but it would be cool to see fhana at Otakon, given how they've done the OP to the main Winter 2017 title that I've been following, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

12 hours ago, TnAdct1 said:

Not sure about Aquors (could be on tour during Otakon), but it would be cool to see fhana at Otakon, given how they've done the OP to the main Winter 2017 title that I've been following, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

That weekend's free, though they would have to fly from one show in Nagoya then to another show in Kobe.

On 3/28/2017 at 7:12 AM, Aresef said:

Granrodeo will be wrapping up their Pierrot Dancin' tour on August 10th and 11th in Tokyo, so very doubtful that even if Lantis could convince KISHOW to fly overseas that it would happen.

12 hours ago, Titania said:

Granrodeo will be wrapping up their Pierrot Dancin' tour on August 10th and 11th in Tokyo, so very doubtful that even if Lantis could convince KISHOW to fly overseas that it would happen.

Your Google-fu is impressive.

Otakon should totally invite people who were involved with Nier Automata. It's my new favorite game and would be ecstatic to see people like director Yoko Taro or English voice actors Kira Buckland (voice of 2B) and Kyle McCarley (voice of 9S)!

Some more guest requests I have are: Rob McCollum, Damien Clarke, John DiMaggio, Ben Diskin, and Karen Strassman.

1 person likes this

Anyone involved with with Final Fantasy, Nier Automata & Your Name, if possible. I'm sure I'll think of more.

And I know cosplayers aren't really a thing to be requested, but I'm gonna ask for Moderately Okay Cosplay all the same. I can't speak on his behalf for what he'll do, but he seems really flexible!

moderatelyokaycosplay@gmail.com

Instagram: @moderatelyokaycosplay

ProZD (Sungwon Cho) PLease!! He does professional voice acting for some video games, and has a hilarious youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6MFZAOHXlKK1FI7V0XQVeA where he makes short anime-related videos! He also had a big following on Vine. He has been to Otakon before and I'm sure if people knew he would be a guest, his fanbase, myself included, would go just to see him for a bit!! 

Anime Fest is getting the Yuri on Ice guests I hold out hope that we will get some too (from Japan that is) 

But in general I just hope for some strong Japanese industry guests. It's a bit too late to make requests at this point I think. 

Probably too late for requests at this point by I'll try anyway:

LAVA, the game streaming trio. 

Ray Chase - booking@raychase.com

Max Mittelman - maxmittelmanvox@gmail.com

Robbi Daymond - contact form on his website. Http://www.robbiedaymond.com/#!contact 

9 hours ago, ThisIsMyScreenName said:

Probably too late for requests at this point by I'll try anyway:

LAVA, the game streaming trio. 

Ray Chase - booking@raychase.com

Max Mittelman - maxmittelmanvox@gmail.com

Robbi Daymond - contact form on his website. Http://www.robbiedaymond.com/#!contact 

So, basically, Noctis and Tuxedo Prompto.*

(* just imagine the fan art on THAT one. Also, just imagine Sailor Cidney. XD )

May be too late for requests, but I would LOVE to see Travis Willingham and Laura Bailey back at Otakon! Their panel together in 2015 was one of the best panels I've been to in a long time.

Going even further in this request, though I know it may be wishful thinking, it would be amazing to have Travis & Laura joined by Matt Mercer, Liam O'Brien, Taliesin Jaffe, Marisha Ray, and Sam Riegel from Critical Role! (I'm sure Ashley Johnson would not be able to make it.)

This would be such an amazing line up. You would be able to have a Critical Role panel/Q & A, but with Laura & Travis there on a year that Vic is also there, you could also do FMA guest panels! Sigh....

Hey Otakon, possible first time attendee here, hoping to have a chance to maybe meet one of the following peeps (since most of the cons I've gone too don't have the budget or resources to get as many quality guests) so here are some for your consideration:

INDUSTRY GUESTS

-Megumi Hayashibara (has provided voices for Pokémon, Ranma 1/2, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and way much more to list here lol)

-David Hayter (has provided voices in the Metal Gear Solid series.  Also a screenwriter: the Watchmen, X-Men, the Scorpion King)

-Adi Shankar (producer/director/youtube personality known for the Bootleg Universe fan films based on Power Rangers, the Punisher, Judge Dredd and the upcoming Netflix adaptation of Castlevania)

-Crispin Freeman (has provided voices for Hellsing, Naruto, the Slayers, Eureka Seven)

-Chris Sabat (has provided voices for DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece)

-Dan Green (has provided voices for Yu-Gi-Oh!, Sonic X, Slayers Next/Revolution)

-Lisa Ortiz (has provided voices for the Slayers, Record of Lodoss War, Queen's Blade, Sonic X)

-Rachael Lillis (has provided voices for Pokémon, the Slayers, Genshiken, Revolutionary Girl Utena)

-Michele Knotz (has provided voices for Pokémon, Genshiken, Ladies versues Butlers!)

-Cynthia Cranz (has provided voices for DBZ, Shin Chan, Yu Yu Hakusho)

FANDOM GUESTS

-TeamFourStar (DBZ & Hellsing Abridged)

-Mega64

-Paul Schrier & Jason Narvy (Bulk & Skull from the Power Rangers series)

MUSICAL ACTS (AMERICAN)

-the Protomen

-Steve Conte

-Starbomb

-Ninja Sex Party

MUSICAL ACTS (JAPAN)

-Megumi Hayashibara

-Utada Hikaru

-Sambomaster

-Maximum the Hormone

-the Pillows

-the Seatbelts

And I'm spent.....

ooooh, Bulk and Skull? I'm down for that.

1 person likes this

Yeah, but they Paulie and Narvy don't exactly tie into Otakorp's mission. Then again, Jason Frank's ties to that mission were also rather tenuous. I'd rather they spend the money on other guests.

Fun fact, Narvy is now a theater professor. He also once pied me in the face.

An idol type group like Wake Up Girls and/or a female vocalists like May'n would be ideal musical guests as a counterbalance to the Anisong World Matsuri acts.

14 hours ago, Aresef said:

Yeah, but they Paulie and Narvy don't exactly tie into Otakorp's mission. Then again, Jason Frank's ties to that mission were also rather tenuous. I'd rather they spend the money on other guests.

Fun fact, Narvy is now a theater professor. He also once pied me in the face.

Yeah, but they're sorta toku-related...

On 4/2/2017 at 7:41 PM, Namo said:

Otakon should totally invite people who were involved with Nier Automata. It's my new favorite game and would be ecstatic to see people like director Yoko Taro or English voice actors Kira Buckland (voice of 2B) and Kyle McCarley (voice of 9S)!

so Kyle McCarley was just announce for Matsuricon in Ohio which is 2 weeks post Otakon.  if you need to meet him I would suggest traveling there.

Voice Actors:

Matt Mercer

Marisha Ray

Travis Willingham

Laura Bailey

Taliesin Jaffe

Ashley Johnson

Sam Riegel

Liam O'Brian

Edited by Jeromous

On 5/23/2017 at 2:22 AM, onsenmark said:

Yeah, but they're sorta toku-related...

Yeaaaaaaaaa, but that's kinda tenuous. That logic, Otakon could invite Tim Curry or Vernon Wells or Alex Borstein or Eka Darville or Ned Dennehy. Basically... I dunno, man.

Hello!

My guest requests aren't necessarily famous VA's, but I do have a few cosplayer requests!

-Twinfools and novavandorwolf (Fighting Dreamers Productions)

-TheAlchemicFox and CosplayAway

-Uptowncosplay

-Kioncloud

These are just a few, but they're really amazing!