Jefferson

Re: Anisong World Matsuri

88 posts in this topic

I see thank you. Also, I know we need to have an otakon badge to purchase concert passes. Is there a limit as to how many concert passes we can buy per person? Like if someone wants to buy concert passes for him/her and their friends at once, do they all need to have an otakon badge or only the person buying multiple ones? 

I see thank you. Also, I know we need to have an otakon badge to purchase concert passes. Is there a limit as to how many concert passes we can buy per person? Like if someone wants to buy concert passes for him/her and their friends at once, do they all need to have an otakon badge or only the person buying multiple ones? 

I'm not sure about the physical purchasing of the tickets in bulk, but in order to attend you have to have a badge, as it will be inside the convention. You can't attend the AWM without a badge :) but ordering a few at a time so you can sit with friends makes sense! I'll wait to see what someone on the inside says :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Felexis12 said:

So we probably will place a limit on how many tickets someone can get in a single transaction, we are debating exactly where that number should fall right now.  So while it will be possible to buy more than one concert pass at a time, you won't be able to buy 50 at once.

As Kelly noted, everyone attending the concert will need to have a badge giving them access to Otakon. However, you will not have to list each individual's information at the time of buying the concert pass. 

On 4/13/2017 at 8:56 AM, MattTheMinion said:

As far as I am aware, not really. The only limitation is that in order to buy a concert pass you will need to have already paid for an Otakorp membership (which means you have to register for Otakon first). 

Do you know how this process will work for individuals who do not register for Otakon directly (i.e. dealers or staff associates)?

2 hours ago, StarCreator said:

Do you know how this process will work for individuals who do not register for Otakon directly (i.e. dealers or staff associates)?

There are some fine tuning details we are working out in this area for online purchases.  There are two ways we can go with it and mostly it works out to how we want to deal with the customer service aspect of either choice. 

5 hours ago, StarCreator said:

Or you can give me a gluten free chocolate chip cookie.  Those always work. ;p

On 4/18/2017 at 3:19 PM, MattTheMinion said:

To be honest right now I don't know, but I can say the people we are working with for the concert pass sales are well experienced in these types of online sales, so we are not going into this completely blind. 

My guess is that much like buying a seat for any other similar event, the first person who puts the seat in their basket has a couple of minutes to complete their purchase before it is returned to the available seat pool.  During this time no one else could select the seat.

THat is my understanding.

Welp, it looks like the tickets go on sale in three days. Let's hope these don't sell out on Day 1.

5 minutes ago, Lum1n3s said:

Welp, it looks like the tickets go on sale in three days. Let's hope these don't sell out on Day 1.

How many tickets are there?

Tangentially related, but have panel/workshop acceptances gone out yet?  Waiting for an answer, either way, is the reason I haven't registered yet since it was requested we NOT register if we apply until notified otherwise.  And if a badge is needed to purchase tickets...  

You do not need to be registered to purchase concert passes. You do need a badge along with a concert pass to attend the AWM concerts. Feel free to purchase your concert pass now and wait to register till after you know if your panel has been approved.

1 person likes this

That takes a load off my mind.  Thank you. :)

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Aresef said:

I'd also like to know that... I have ACen before Otakon this year (like every other year as of 2012)... so I want to be able to attend as much as I can at Otakon.

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

5 hours ago, Aresef said:

Around 3,000 for each concert. There is a potential for more, but it will depends on things like whether or not some fixed equipment is obstructive and the fire marshal's final inspection.

Yeah...the announcement makes me NERVOUS. You can purchase as many passes as you want for family and friends? So does that mean if I have 20 family members and 20 friends I can purchase 40 concert tickets? Why is there NOT a limit? And also it says the passes are not refundable but are transferable. Even when these rules apply I still believe there is someone out there who WILL still sell these for profit. I don't know about you but I'm not sure how generous people are willing to give away their tickets if they can't make it. How should I say this... the ticket prices seem a bit extreme don't you think? VIP is 105$ and regular are 25$ there's nothing like a middle? for my case if I can't get a ticket to for this event then Im. simply not gonna attend Otakon. Im not even sure if its legal but if I have too I'll buy from a scalper if there is going to be any scalpers...

1 hour ago, citrusanime said:

Yeah...the announcement makes me NERVOUS. You can purchase as many passes as you want for family and friends? So does that mean if I have 20 family members and 20 friends I can purchase 40 concert tickets? Why is there NOT a limit? And also it says the passes are not refundable but are transferable. Even when these rules apply I still believe there is someone out there who WILL still sell these for profit. I don't know about you but I'm not sure how generous people are willing to give away their tickets if they can't make it. How should I say this... the ticket prices seem a bit extreme don't you think? VIP is 105$ and regular are 25$ there's nothing like a middle? for my case if I can't get a ticket to for this event then Im. simply not gonna attend Otakon. Im not even sure if its legal but if I have too I'll buy from a scalper if there is going to be any scalpers...

Yeah this has me pretty nervous too. Reading the previous posts on the thread here I remember seeing that there was supposed to be a limit placed on the tickets, but on the web page itself it says there is no limit as to how many tickets one can buy. What has me even more nervous is reading above on the thread here the fact that people that haven't registered for the con yet can purchase tickets.That worries me because there is the possibility of someone buying only tickets, selling said tickets, and then wanting nothing to do with the convention whatsoever after they've made their money. That just seems wrong to me. I believe that there are those who want tickets to the Matsuri but are waiting on registering for various reasons, but that lingering thought where someone can come in and ruin that for those people really scares me.

Price wise, I was totally prepared for that after seeing what AX is currently charging for their tickets. In all though, I just hope sales go smoothly on Monday and that we all here can get what we want without too much hassle. Fingers crossed everyone and good luck.

1 person likes this

There will be limits on the number of tickets you can purchase in a single transaction.  We're finalizing those settings now, but we're targeting 4 for VIP seats and 10 for general seats (which is a typical max for a con registration batch).   We'll be monitoring things, so yeah, if we see something that's obviously not right like one person buy up large quantities, we'll look into it.  The wording about being able to purchase for your friend/family is there because we didn't want to make it so everyone needed to purchase a ticket individually.  Because the seating is assigned, we want to make sure people can sit together!

3 hours ago, .taro. said:

There will be limits on the number of tickets you can purchase in a single transaction.  We're finalizing those settings now, but we're targeting 4 for VIP seats and 10 for general seats (which is a typical max for a con registration batch).   We'll be monitoring things, so yeah, if we see something that's obviously not right like one person buy up large quantities, we'll look into it.  The wording about being able to purchase for your friend/family is there because we didn't want to make it so everyone needed to purchase a ticket individually.  Because the seating is assigned, we want to make sure people can sit together!

I'm glad to hear that you'll be monitoring the stock situation but here's to hoping people don't abuse the system because 10 imo feels like a lot for one person to be able to stock up on. 

Question though, when buying badges will we have to tie a name to it as if you're pre-registering or is it just a general admission ticket that anyone can use? 

So, non-staffy question. I'm definitely doing VIP for JAM/TMR. I'm not quite as sure about FLOW/Yousei. Should I? I have no idea, really, what to expect from them. Maybe the fact I'm wondering is answer enough that I want to leave that slot (assuming there are only so many VIP spots) for someone who wants it more. Either way, I'll see them.

My friends and I are going specifically for FLOW! This will be my 8th time seeing FLOW and I can guarantee that they are worth getting a VIP ticket for!! Their energy and songs are so awesome and seeing them up close and experience that will be an experience you wont regret!

I am not familiar with the other band but ive heard good things too! :)

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to buy tickets and it isn't working, it says to do it by best seat available but it says the order is already filled or whatever.

*edit* nvm, it's working now.

Edited by Lum1n3s

Yeah, there was an initial issue getting everyone through the queue, but things were cleared in the first few minutes.  If you had an issue please try again.

Just got my tickets to both concerts!! I have to say though, that was a horrible mess trying to get these tickets. Not only were those tickets being eaten alive, there were many errors along the way. At one moment it gave me a meager 17 seconds to finish processing my order and I lost a seat because of that. I'm really hoping some people can still get what they want if they come on to purchase them later tonight. I'm not sure how much longer these tickets are going to last.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, SteveUzumaki said:

Just got my tickets to both concerts!! I have to say though, that was a horrible mess trying to get these tickets. Not only were those tickets being eaten alive, there were many errors along the way. At one moment it gave me a meager 17 seconds to finish processing my order and I lost a seat because of that. I'm really hoping some people can still get what they want if they come on to purchase them later tonight. I'm not sure how much longer these tickets are going to last.

TM revolution is selling like hot cakes!!!!

Managed to get mine but yeah I kept on seeing dots fade away which only added more to the purchasing stress lol.

Edited by Lum1n3s
1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Lum1n3s said:

Managed to get mine but yeah I kept on seeing dots fading which only added more to the purchasing stress lol.

Mmmmmm

Hot cakes.

11 minutes ago, Lum1n3s said:

Managed to get mine but yeah I kept on seeing dots fade away which only added more to the purchasing stress lol.

It really is! I went back to look at the seats just to see what the situation looked like and saw that even a huge chunk of non-VIP seats were sold out in all sections including in the very back. And yeah, seeing those dots come and go had me going crazy. There were some occasions where I tried to select a colored dot and it told me it was sold out...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I somehow have two Saturday tickets even though I bought 3 Friday tickets and 1 Saturday ticket. I'm not sure why and how this happened. 

1. System was blocking purchases the first few mins after noon, I couldn't buy anything. I have a browser on day 1 and one browser on day 2, both saying the same messages about seat already present or something.

2. Once the seat picker went live I was able to look at my cart. I removed all but 3 from my day 1 transaction and all but 1 from my day 2. I went to check out on my day 1, with about a minute to spare.

3. Then I checked out on my day 2 but I think it timed out right as I hit the final process button. I ended up with just 1 notification email but I did not check that email and repurchased my Saturday ticket (different seat but same row) and completed that. Then I checked my email and noticed both were Saturday.

How do I proceed? Can I refund one these Saturday tickets?? What happened to my Friday order?

Edited by rotinoma

Totally agree about the stress level of this process this morning. It's hours later and my heart is still beating fast. :unsure: 

It was a bit frustrating, but I still managed a front row seat, house left, for JAM Project. I've been *close* (second row in Boston) but never that close to what's basically a religious experience.

I got a reasonably close GA seat for the other show.

1 person likes this

@MattTheMinion is there anyway a live ticket availability counter or something can be implemented to let people know how many tickets are available for the two shows? I think that'd help.

39 minutes ago, Aresef said:

It was a bit frustrating, but I still managed a front row seat, house left, for JAM Project. I've been *close* (second row in Boston) but never that close to what's basically a religious experience.

I got a reasonably close GA seat for the other show.

I hope I can get tickets for ANY of the shows.. I really wanna see the FLOW / Yousei Teikoku set. I've seen both TMR and JAM Proj before at Otakon and Anime Boston, respectively, but I wouldn't mind seeing them again cuz they're spectacular live.

4 minutes ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

I hope I can get tickets for ANY of the shows.. I really wanna see the FLOW / Yousei Teikoku set. I've seen both TMR and JAM Proj before at Otakon and Anime Boston, respectively, but I wouldn't mind seeing them again cuz they're spectacular live.

Man, I've seen JAM at Ota, at Boston, at Rams Head, I've been to an Anime Japan Fes, but I try to go to as many of their shows as I can. There's a particularly fanatical bunch of American JAM fans, we get together on FB and a number of us are in and around the front row for this show.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Aresef said:

Man, I've seen JAM at Ota, at Boston, at Rams Head, I've been to an Anime Japan Fes, but I try to go to as many of their shows as I can. There's a particularly fanatical bunch of American JAM fans, we get together on FB and a number of us are in and around the front row for this show.

Whoa. Anime Japan Fes is/was (the last update to that link was in late January 2009) in Tokyo. I WANNA GO TO TOKYO. lol. I'm jealous. And yeah JP and TMR are f*cking spectacular. They seem like awesome people as well.

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

5 hours ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

@MattTheMinion is there anyway a live ticket availability counter or something can be implemented to let people know how many tickets are available for the two shows? I think that'd help.

Well, we can see it on the admin side, but it will mostly be up to Showclix as to whether or not they can or are willing to place that counter publicly on the concert pages. 

That being said, the last time I looked only about 1/5 of the passes for each concert have been sold. 

The map that shows the remaining "available" seats for Friday is really confusing me. A number of the VIP seats appear to be selectable, but if you click them you receive an error message that the seat is already taken. I thought it was me, but after clearing my cookies and also having my sister try on her phone too we get the same result.

It's making me anxious because one of these questionable seats is one of mine. I bought three VIP seats in a row, and received the confirm emails that they were successfully charged to my card and also the pass barcode proving those three seats are mine. I even logged into the website and my profile there also correctly reflects the seats I purchased. But on the seat map currently, only two of my seats are correctly greyed out. The middle seat appears still selectable, but does give the already taken error message when clicked.

It seems like it's just some sort of glitch (mostly annoying for people just now coming in to purchase VIP seats and seeing what appears to be but really isn't that many available) but after the struggle I went through today to get these passes I'm so paranoid that something went wrong somewhere. I'm having terrible visions of showing up to the concert only to discover someone else was also able to purchase the exact same seat as me. :(

8 hours ago, ImmortalDarknyss said:

It seems like it's just some sort of glitch (mostly annoying for people just now coming in to purchase VIP seats and seeing what appears to be but really isn't that many available) but after the struggle I went through today to get these passes I'm so paranoid that something went wrong somewhere. I'm having terrible visions of showing up to the concert only to discover someone else was also able to purchase the exact same seat as me. :(

Send me a private message with your name, email address, and seat numbers and I will take a look for you.  I'd rather make sure we get any internet-spawned oddities worked out well before hand.

On 5/1/2017 at 10:33 PM, MattTheMinion said:

Well, we can see it on the admin side, but it will mostly be up to Showclix as to whether or not they can or are willing to place that counter publicly on the concert pages. 

That being said, the last time I looked only about 1/5 of the passes for each concert have been sold. 

Gotcha. Thanks.

Got my 3 tickets to the Friday concert. One friend waited a bit long to confirm  so they are on the side but at least it's still in the front section. 

And I also had issues with the counter when I finally got to the payment page I only had 30 seconds left to finish my order lost those tickets and had to start all over again. But thankfully the 2nd time was the charm.