Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey all! As inspired by ll0tus here's the annual (and never too early) cosplay plans thread! I plan on bringing the same Senbonzakura Mikuo as last year, though I also hope to have a more casual "Street Pop" version was well. For those that don't know what the Street Pop Miku looks like, here's a pic from CosplayFu.com:

 15161904271_17853cd151_b.jpg

The only bad part about the above cosplay is that it'll cost me like $200 <_<, and that's not including the hat for some stupid reason. If that version of Miku looks familiar then you're right... it's what's used as the proper module for the song "Kagerou Days" or "Heat Haze Days" on Hatsune Miku Project Diva F2nd for PS3/PSVita. Awesome song, and it'd be great to play it whilst in that cosplay.

For reference, here's a classic "mirror selfie" shot of me in Senbonzakura Mikuo:
 

16388175_10154076787821695_3465267162802288515_n.jpg

That was taken at Anime Central (ACen) 2016, a con I totally recommend, in my hotel room but that's not the point of this thread. lol.

Anyway, post your plans/ideas for cosplays for this year's first Otakon in Washington DC! Do you have something special planned? Are you recycling cosplays like I am and likely others will? SOUND OFF! xD

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
Grammar related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bringing back thief outfit Yusuke(Persona 5), ESPECIALLY because of this year's theme....other than that, undecided/uncertain....

 

I would like this year the year I attempt a Fire Emblem outfit but at this point that's a wish....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh I missed you last year! D; I tried finding you for a picture! I love your Senbonzakura Mikuo! Maybe this year I'll find you c:

I plan on doing: 
 

Kinu - Fire Emblem: Fates ( Wore this last year and had a blast! Unfortunately no Lissa again this year! )
Sakura - Tsubasa: Resovoir Chronicles ( her white/gold outfit from the artbook )
Rem - Re: Zero ( my friend is being Ram! >u< )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marii said:

Ohhh I missed you last year! D; I tried finding you for a picture! I love your Senbonzakura Mikuo! Maybe this year I'll find you c:

I plan on doing: 
 

Kinu - Fire Emblem: Fates ( Wore this last year and had a blast! Unfortunately no Lissa again this year! )
Sakura - Tsubasa: Resovoir Chronicles ( her white/gold outfit from the artbook )
Rem - Re: Zero ( my friend is being Ram! >u< )

Yeah sorry... we even tried to plan it out where to meet etc.... We can make it work this year given the con center is flippin' huge and it should be easier to spot each other. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on the props for Kiritio from Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale Movie. (seeing the film on release day) Finished the ear piece for it and I must say first time crafting with EVA foam and I'm impressed on how it turned out, made a backup with a more snug fit for the ear. Next is the sword and if possible the scabbard for the sword to go on the back.

 

1QyenGg.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RUSSIANSNIPER1 said:

Working on the props for Kiritio from Sword Art Online Ordinal Scale Movie. (seeing the film on release day) Finished the ear piece for it and I must say first time crafting with EVA foam and I'm impressed on how it turned out, made a backup with a more snug fit for the ear. Next is the sword and if possible the scabbard for the sword to go on the back.

 

1QyenGg.jpg

Good stuff! I sadly can't see SAO: OS on day 1 due to work (I could ask that day off, but I already have Anime Boston off so I don't wanna push it), but I'll see it eventually... I've also gotta finish season 2 (GGO, Mother Rosario, etc).

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're talking cosplay for this year?

...ehehe. I have nothing planned. I guess I could bring Stein, depending on my mood.

'course, I still gotta register and stuff first. ^^;

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any advice for a first time cosplayer.  I'm looking for something simple to do for Otakon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2017 at 8:45 AM, CI78 said:

Any advice for a first time cosplayer.  I'm looking for something simple to do for Otakon.

I'd say go for something you like and/or can pull off with stuff you might have lying around. That's pretty much what my first real cosplay was, for the most part, supplemented with a trenchcoat from the thrift store, and a bucket hat from Wally World.(I should really revisit Narutaki someday, and do him better.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, onsenmark said:

I'd say go for something you like and/or can pull off with stuff you might have lying around. That's pretty much what my first real cosplay was, for the most part, supplemented with a trenchcoat from the thrift store, and a bucket hat from Wally World.(I should really revisit Narutaki someday, and do him better.)

Hi Mark. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrench from Watchdogs 2. id be surprised if i actually get this together in time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bringing back my costume of Kevin Owens from WWE. I have never had so much positive feedback from one costume in my life, so why mess with a good thing? I actually just bought two more shirt designs and a new set of fight trunks for it so I could actually mix and match multiple versions of KO's in-ring gear and do it all weekend long! Hooray for versatile yet practical costuming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 1:45 AM, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

Hi Mark. lol

o hay

Still debating on whether or not to bring Stein; if I do, I need to touch up the headscrew. Or just wait until Neko. I dunno yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan on cosplaying as Ramba Ral from Mobile Suit Gundam and possibly a Team Rocket Grunt. I've done both of these at Yama-Con in Pigeon Forge, TN (a much smaller and newer con). This will be my first time cosplaying at Otakon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was the generic Dead Anime Mom last year, and I'm thinking of doing it again this year just because it was very comfortable and got a lot of laughs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My cosplay plans:

Slaine Troyard (Aldnoah. Zero) Since the Director is going to be there and also one or two of the VAs

Kenjirou Minami (Yuri on Ice)

Team Rocket Grunt

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My girlfriend and I will be doing Ryo Kurokiba and Alice Nakiri from Shokugeki no Soma / Food Wars!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current Plans:

Ann Takamaki (Persona 5)

Goro Akechi (Persona 5)

Ouma Kokichi (Danganronpa V3)

Plan to get Goro later this week. If it doesn't work out, I plan to go as Chiaki Nanami from Danganronpa 2 instead. Though I'm 90% sure I'll be Goro.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still want to cosplay as Ramba Ral (if my friends do their Gundam cosplays), but I may scrap the Team Rocket Grunt idea for Otakon. Just too much black in that heat. I did buy the cosplay for Haruhiro, the main character in Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. The show is kind of meh overall, but I really like certain elements and this cosplay is more for a generic mmo/fantasy world character for me anyway (a good, inexpensive base for me to play around with basically).

2016 YamaCon Gundam Cosplay.jpg

Edited by TomDent
Added Picture
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RenjiNatsu said:

I'm Bravely Second and bringing back my Lumpy Space Princess.

Bravely-Second-End-Layer-27 pc 2.jpg

That's a cute character. If I see you in that I'll come say hi! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current plans are Inkling Girl from Splatoon for Friday, Zelda from Breath of the Wild on Saturday and Chihiro from Spirited Away on Sunday. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet cosplays/cosplay goals everyone! I think I should be able to have the "Kagerou Days" Hatsune Miku genderbent version cosplay I show pics of (the character) in the OP ready for this year's Ota... it'll be cutting it a little close, but I'mma see if I can get it ordered and made for me this weekend... *crosses fingers that it and its hat that needs to be made via cosplay commission will make it here on time*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an update on my Street Pop Miku cosplay project: my mom and I are actually gonna make it ourselves, since it's quite simple to do. It's just street clothes with a hat. Super casual. I'll post a pic of me in it once we have it made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be Roze from Today's Cerebus. Finally got my shade of pink juuuuust right but not sure if anyone will recognize me. Guess we will see xD

329199.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mom and I are going out to get my cosplay stuff later today. So excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

My mom and I are going out to get my cosplay stuff later today. So excited!

 

Terrific!  Which stores did you go to and what materials did you get?  I hope you all caught some sales.

Edited by EdKitten
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EdKitten said:

 

Terrific!  Which stores did you go to and what materials did you get?  Hope you caught some sales.

Ha I actually slept through when we were supposed to go out to get the stuff.. We had been planning to go to a thrift shop first at least... I think we're gonna try again for later today (Tuesday).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, July 02, 2017 at 6:48 PM, suporma said:

Current plans are Inkling Girl from Splatoon for Friday, Zelda from Breath of the Wild on Saturday and Chihiro from Spirited Away on Sunday.

 

Sure hope I see your cosplay at WEWCC -- Spirited Away is one of my favorites!

Edited by EdKitten
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

Ha I actually slept through when we were supposed to go out to get the stuff.. We had been planning to go to a thrift shop first at least... I think we're gonna try again for later today (Tuesday).

 

Thrift shops are great!  Usually clothes look brand new, but with smaller prices -- definitly great!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm cosplaying an older more obscure anime, but I'm super excited about it!! :D 

Going to my first ever Otakon as Henrietta from Gunslinger Girl!!! <3

ettaupload.jpg

Edited by Triela
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Triela said:

I'm cosplaying an older more obscure anime, but I'm super excited about it!! :D 

Going to my first ever Otakon as Henrietta from Gunslinger Girl!!! <3

ettaupload.jpg

Whoa nice! I know of Gunslinger Girl, but I've not seen it yet. I'm so happy that people are cosplaying characters from other than currently popular stuff like Attack on Titan and Madoka Magica etc (of which I know is gonna be present, but yeah). If I see you I'll definitely say hi and ask for a pic. Enjoy your first Otakon and don't be shy to ask us veterans like me any questions about Otakon, or about conventions in general!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

Whoa nice! I know of Gunslinger Girl, but I've not seen it yet. I'm so happy that people are cosplaying characters from other than currently popular stuff like Attack on Titan and Madoka Magica etc (of which I know is gonna be present, but yeah). If I see you I'll definitely say hi and ask for a pic. Enjoy your first Otakon and don't be shy to ask us veterans like me any questions about Otakon, or about conventions in general!

Thanks so much!! I've actually been going to cons for about 10 years. I actually skipped my yearly AnimeNext just to go to Otakon. :D  I get what you mean, more popular anime are so overly saturated at cons, (which isn't a bad thing, but it's less likely to catch attention after a while) I always try to go to for the more obscure or unexpected cosplays. Other years I went as Gavin from Achievement Hunter, Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 for 4 years in a row since cosplaying him was just so much FUN, and Nana from Elfen Lied. :3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Triela said:

I'm cosplaying an older more obscure anime, but I'm super excited about it!! :D 

Going to my first ever Otakon as Henrietta from Gunslinger Girl!!! <3

ettaupload.jpg

Woohoo obscure cosplay club! Good luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Triela said:

Thanks so much!! I've actually been going to cons for about 10 years. I actually skipped my yearly AnimeNext just to go to Otakon. :D  I get what you mean, more popular anime are so overly saturated at cons, (which isn't a bad thing, but it's less likely to catch attention after a while) I always try to go to for the more obscure or unexpected cosplays. Other years I went as Gavin from Achievement Hunter, Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2 for 4 years in a row since cosplaying him was just so much FUN, and Nana from Elfen Lied. :3

Ah cool. So you're an overall convention veteran, but you've never been to Otakon. Got it. I'd say any of your other convention "smarts" would apply to Otakon very much. If you have any Otakon SPECIFIC questions there a few threads for that. Check em out. It's gonna be a new con for me again because of the new location... #growingpains

Yeah I have no problem with AoT or other popular cosplay appearances, but it gets old after a while and I don't pay attention to them. Your character is from an older mid-90s series, so I'm sure a good bunch of people'll know who you are.

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Errmm a friend of mine corrected me and Gunslinger Girl is from 2003.... I stand corrected. lol. The obscurity factor is still there though. :) @Triela

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My current plans are to be Garbodor from Pokemon on Friday and my tentacle monster a few times on Saturday. I might be a Pokemon Biker on Sunday but I haven't decided yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so I'm thinking I MIGHT bring out Stein for a day, I don't know which one. Since I haven't heard anything about any Soul Eater gatherings yet, I may just do it for the lulz. Again, I haven't decided yet.  Maybe when I finally start packing in a week or so...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Okay, so I'm thinking I MIGHT bring out Stein for a day, I don't know which one. Since I haven't heard anything about any Soul Eater gatherings yet, I may just do it for the lulz. Again, I haven't decided yet.  Maybe when I finally start packing in a week or so...


Haha I hope I can get my second Miku ready on/in time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, libraof4swords said:

f.y.i. I'm planning on Spirit for Saturday.

I guess this might mean I have to lose the beard, then. lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, onsenmark said:

Okay, so I'm thinking I MIGHT bring out Stein for a day, I don't know which one. Since I haven't heard anything about any Soul Eater gatherings yet, I may just do it for the lulz. Again, I haven't decided yet.  Maybe when I finally start packing in a week or so...

f.y.i. I'm planning on Spirit for Saturday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year will be my first year cosplaying as something and I'm happy that I'm finally doing so! 

I'll be going as Grape-Kun and my waifuu Hululu

sub-buzz-3430-1495461837-1.jpg

 

Elderly penguin falls deeply in love with an anime cut-out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In-progress shots of Street Pop Miku's hat creation:

MikuHatFront.jpg

MikuHatBack.jpg

MikuHatRightSide.jpg

MikuHatLeftSide.jpg

In case you're not aware of what I'm doing at this stage, I'm applying some sealant paint before actually painting it white, and then the proper design of the hat (see OP for hat design).

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
Finally got the image sizes to comply with the 102 KB limit.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for it to be done! #CosplayCrunch

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×