The last thread got autoarchived again, but a lot of things have happened since the last one, so here we go again!

Let me break down what I know:

GamePlay (Marley Station Mall, Glen Burnie, MD): current lineup is:

• jubeat (NEW!)
  • DDR (recently refurbished)
  • beatmania IIDX (refurbished late 2016)
  • pop'n music
  • DrumMania
  • In The Groove
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 2
  • The Simpsons
  • Various redemption games

re:gen (White Marsh Mall, White Marsh, MD): a used video game store. Recently lost their jubeat, but has added a Naomi Universal cabinet that they intend to rotate games in.

Save Point (Townmall of Westminster, Westminster, MD): a used video game store. Has an ever-rotating selection of games and various pinball machines. I haven't been in a while and the game selection changes rapidly due to the number of events they bring games to, so I honestly can't tell you what's in the store right now.

The Cave Gaming Center (Fairfax, VA): a 24 hour LAN gaming center located in the interior of a largely open-air shopping center. They recently added a bunch of arcade music games:

• jubeat
  • beatmania IIDX
  • pop'n music
  • BeatStream
  • SOUND VOLTEX

Round1 (Exton Square Mall, Exton, PA): just recently opened and has way more games than I can list in this space. Standouts include Project DIVA Arcade Future Tone, Theatrhythm All-Star Carnival, Groove Coaster, CROSSxBEATS, Gunslinger Stratos, and should soon receive Maximum Tune 5.

Got a hot arcade spot nearby I missed? Let everyone know here!

Edited by StarCreator

The Cave in Fairfax has added a Groove Coaster 3 and a Museca 1 1/2.

Just went on a short weekend trip to Round1. I don't really get bored of Maximum Tune 5 at all. I hope some place a bit closer gets it in so I don't have to drive almost three hours each way to play it...

• Like 1

I know these aren't quite nearby, but there are 3 new Round1s opening up.

• One in upstate New York (can't remember its town/city name at the moment)

• One on Long Island (Hicksville, NY) on July 1st (this weekend!) I wish I could go to its grand opening... it's the closest location that'll likely have a Future Tone machine... I have a connection that says he saw an FT machine there as they're prepping for the big opening moment...

and

• One in Saugus, MA in the Square One Mall (here's to hoping they get an FT machine because Saugus, MA is much easier for me to get to than the previous MA location in Taunton, MA (Silver City).

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

I've got a Round 1 in Exton, Pa really close to me and I love it. For my graduation party I rented one of the karaoke rooms for me and my friends and we had a blast. I've won a few crane games and played tons of Galaga Assault among other games. B)

• Like 1

Has anyone been to GamePlay recently? I just did a long overdue maintenance session yesterday, focusing on beatmania IIDX and DDR. DDR has had the pads cleaned out and sensors rotated, which should address some sensitivity issues some people were reporting.

Soooo my area Round 1 (Silver City Galleria, Taunton, MA, about an hour south, depending on how you drive from Boston area) finally has a Project Diva machine (I was super hyped to see it there...apparently it's been there for around 8 months, and no update to their social media? -_-). I was there recently, but their stupid "Aime Network" or w/e... their authentication network for the games, was down... but kinda up at he same time, as some of the machines worked.... like the DDR A machine they have, and various crane game machines. I was disappointed that I couldn't play and play horribly because I'm nowhere near used to the flat arcade button layout (for Project Diva), but I really wanted to play anyway. I know the charts for most of the songs since I have the PS4 port. At least now any time I trek down there I should be able to play given the network doesn't derp out again, and it's not during maintenance moments.

That's a pseudo update, but actually before I close this out I just wanna share this news as well in case people don't know: convention arcade game provider Tokyo Attack has achieved the impossible. They were able to get or get the rights to not one but TWO (!!) Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone Arcade cabinets! I'm super excited for that since they usually come to Anime Boston (coming up in late March 2018), Anime Central, and Otakon. I really hope they show up with those two machines (or at least one) at at least one of those three cons that I'm attending. OH I hope they show up at Anime NYC 2018 as well... but anyway at this point I'm just rambling.

In case you guys haven't been following it on Facebook, here's some shots of the new combined GamePlay/Marley Bounce Party:

JIBsFgE.jpg

kiD1IHV.jpg

The new location is on the lower level next to Macy's and Gold's Gym. Here's  a map if you need it:

1iFDgFE.png

• Like 1

You should get a Project Diva Future Tone machine! They're available for straight out purchase now apparently.

Per a good friend's analysis of the Round1 quarterly investor report, Round1 is opening a location in Towson Town Center around Fall of 2019.

HELL YES!!!!!!11111

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been extremely busy at work lately and haven't been able to keep up with arcade things. Anyone still coming by Marley Station? If there's anything that needs to be taken care of over there let me know!

The new quarterly Round 1 investor report was released earlier this month. Not much interesting information in it for this area (Towson R1 information is unchanged) but there are two new locations that will apparently open in the middle of next year:

Spring 2019 (after 1 April):
*Lincoln, NE (Gateway Mall)
*Burbank, CA (Burbank Town Center)

• Like 1

Still pretty busy at work, and although it's not exactly close to the convention anymore, arcades are still up at Glen Burnie. If anyone happens to pass by on their way to or from Otakon, let me know what you think!

• Like 1