Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fadamor

WhatChaReading - 2017 Edition

7 posts in this topic

The previous thread was closed due to inactivity, so I'm starting up a 2017 version.

In my case, a couple of anime turned me onto the light novels they were based on. The anime (animes?) Log Horizon and "Danmachi" (Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in The Dungeon?) both had interesting stories that obviously ended way before the light novels have gotten to, and Yen Press was nice enough to start providing English translations of the light novels a few years ago. I've been buying them as soon as Yen Press has been releasing them. Log Horizon still hasn't reached where the anime ended, but Danmachi has already moved well beyond where the anime ended.

Log Horizon: http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/none/Log-Horizon-Vol-7-(light-novel)/9780316263887/?yen

Danmachi: http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/none/Is-It-Wrong-to-Try-to-Pick-Up-Girls-in-a-Dungeon-Vol-8-(light-novel)/9780316394185/?yen

I wanted to check out the Log Horizon books are they worth checking out? Never really thought about getting into Light Novels but some have been catching my interest. I know Yen Press has been doing a fantastic job with translations. 

As far as what I'm reading, managed to finally finish collecting Berserk from Dark Horse and am currently at the Conviction Arc. Got through the Golden Arc and all I can say is wow. Definitely one of the greatest Seinin of all time!

Also checking out the Tomie collection from Viz. Big fan of Junji Ito and finally having the chance to own this after the out of print Museum of Terror is a big bonus. Halfway through it and am loving every chapter.

Masamune Kun is a good read and is different from the anime. I've also read Prison School and am loving the over the top stuff going on, sooooo goood! It's my guity pleasure lol.

Still reading the Spice and Wolf novels and Food Wars manga. Seems like I'll never be done with them, but that's perfectly fine with me.

GANGSTA. just came back from a two year hiatus so I'm really excited to continue reading that. 

Otherwise, I'm reading a couple different monthy and weekly series. Weekly, I'm still reading Prison School, Food Wars and Hero Academia pretty consistently. Monthly I'm reading Dead Tube and Ancient Magus' Bride, and I think Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is monthly too.

Might be reading too much at any given time but at least it gives me something to do lol

Posted (edited)

I need to start picking up Ore Monogatari!!! when I get the chance.

And I need to get the rest of Love Roma for completion's sake(although it is a cute book).

Also, I'm waiting for the new Utena material to drop.

Edited by onsenmark

I just re-read BAKUMAN and currently rereading BLUE EXORCIST. 

Also reading Black Butler, My Hero Academia and a bunch of random Shojo books. 

Most recently been reading Sweetness and Lightening and Need to catch back up w Aijin. Those two could probably not be more far from each other in genre. Oh. I'm also reading the amazing hardBACK omnibus of Spiral. SO GOOD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk