Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Perales

New York Comic Con 2017 elimination of Multi-day passes this year.

Hi everyone!

The organisers of NYCC has announced this past Friday that they will not sell any 3 or 4 day badges this year.

As quoted:

"We're going to be real with you, this is a very bittersweet announcement – we are eliminating three-day and four-day tickets. We will only be selling single-day Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Sunday Kids tickets to NYCC 2017," the convention's website said. "You may or may not know that the Javits Center is going to be under construction. This means we'll be working with some space limitations and we want to make sure as many people have the opportunity to buy a ticket and come to the show as possible. Selling only single-day tickets will give more fans the chance to buy a ticket for at least a day to experience the fun of NYCC."

Personally, I find that this news is very disappointing to put it mildly. Everything else what they said like having the badges go on initially on sale over the weekend instead of a weekday like before was great news (for most of us who do work during the week), and I am ok about the "Fan Verification" thing. But now not having an option to buy a multi-day pass? That really stinks! :angry: Of course people will say that we could still buy one individual badges for each day, but do you know how much that's going to cost?

Anyway, any opinions out there?

Edited by Daniel Perales

Well, over 70 views and yet no opinions.

Anyway, they just updated their web page and now it shows how much the badges cost for each individual day. Like I said before, it's expensive.

Last year if I remember correctly, a 4-day badge cost around $115. Now, if I want to attend all 4 days, it's going to cost me $195 this time around. At least it will still be cheaper in the long run for me compared to the out of state cons I attend.

Hi all!

I forgot to mention earlier that NYCC has started a "Pre-sale" of their badges yesterday. Only those who did the "fan-verification" of last year were eligible to purchase them. We received our email letting us know when it would start and also gave us a unique link to click on once the sale starts (at 11AM yesterday).

Of course we had to deal with their "virtual cue" system and wait until our turn comes up (I had to wait 50 minutes when my turn came). I manage to purchase 4 tickets (1 for each day). I thought I was lucky that I manage to get them, given how long I had to wait and also, they said they would only have a limited number of badges for this sale. It all cost me $195 + taxes and fees. Still cheaper comparing to the other cons that I attend out of state since I don't have to spend the added travel and hotel expense to attend this one.

But still, it's better be worth it.   :angry:

$195 + taxes and fees -- yuck!  But at least you'll get in all 4 days.  Reading NYCC's website -- seems like we need a college degree to figure out all the different ticket regulations and prices.  lol.

Gosh, some cons are really making skid marks on our paychecks!  Awesome Con is FINALLY having Stan Lee, but to get a premium package deal for him, it costs $350.00, PLUS, to have bagels and coffee with Stan it's an extra $295.00 (for both deals you need a "separate admission still required").  Another guest at Awesome Con, David Tennant, from Dr. Who -- to get a package deal VIP badge for him, it's 400.00, I think.

At least you can still see these fellas with just a general admission ticket, but those other prices -- good grief!

At least I was able to get a regular (cheaper) VIP badge.  Last year the dealer's room had such a great atmosphere, I didn't want to leave it, and ended up missing a lot of stars' talks.  This year, hopefully I'll be able to remember to look at the program more often.  :blink:

Thank goodness there's usually just one price for anime cons.  :)

Have a fantastic time at NYCC Daniel!

Edited by EdKitten

On 5/14/2017 at 9:03 PM, EdKitten said:

$195 + taxes and fees -- yuck!  But at least you'll get in all 4 days.  Reading NYCC's website -- seems like we need a college degree to figure out all the different ticket regulations and prices.  lol.

Gosh, some cons are really making skid marks on our paychecks!  Awesome Con is FINALLY having Stan Lee, but to get a premium package deal for him, it costs $350.00, PLUS, to have bagels and coffee with Stan it's an extra $295.00 (for both deals you need a "separate admission still required").  Another guest at Awesome Con, David Tennant, from Dr. Who -- to get a package deal VIP badge for him, it's 400.00, I think.

At least you can still see these fellas with just a general admission ticket, but those other prices -- good grief!

At least I was able to get a regular (cheaper) VIP badge.  Last year the dealer's room had such a great atmosphere, I didn't want to leave it, and ended up missing a lot of stars' talks.  This year, hopefully I'll be able to remember to look at the program more often.  :blink:

Thank goodness there's usually just one price for anime cons.  :)

Have a fantastic time at NYCC Daniel!

Thanks!

They just had their "regular" sale just this past weekend. "Saturday's" badges were sold out within minutes for what I heard. 

On May 16, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Daniel Perales said:

Thanks!

They just had their "regular" sale just this past weekend. "Saturday's" badges were sold out within minutes for what I heard.

Sold out within minutes!!!  Holy cow!!!  Reminds me of the Big Bang Theory's episode where all 4 guys are in a living room, furiously hitting buttons on their laptops, trying to get tickets to comic con.

REALLY so glad you'll be able to go all 4 days!!!

Hi All!

I just received my New York Comic Con badges over the mail the other day. Time to activate them.

Anyway, hope to see some of you there next month.

$195+ for NYCC?! No thanks, I'll pass... I really only have about a 5% interest in American comics anyway...

No, I'll save my money for Anime NYC in November (the weekend before Thanksgiving), which is only $60 for all 3 days... add in my round trip bus ticket to NYC ($50) and still only at $110. Accommodations are free, I have a  friend with an apartment in Chelsea... if i play my cards right, I can take off Fri Nov 17 thru Fri Nov 24 from work, to make it sweeter.

Yeah, the Javits will still be under construction then, but if Anime NYC is like NYAF, they won't be using the whole building anyhow...

See whomever is attending Anime NYC in November!

Edited by w-deremer
update

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, w-deremer said:

$195+ for NYCC?! No thanks, I'll pass... I really only have about a 5% interest in American comics anyway...

No, I'll save my money for Anime NYC in November (the weekend before Thanksgiving), which is only $60 for all 3 days... add in my round trip bus ticket to NYC ($50) and still only at $110. Accommodations are free, I have a  friend with an apartment in Chelsea... if i play my cards right, I can take off Fri Nov 17 thru Fri Nov 24 from work, to make it sweeter.

Yeah, the Javits will still be under construction then, but if Anime NYC is like NYAF, they won't be using the whole building anyhow...

See whomever is attending Anime NYC in November!

Hey! I live in Chelsea, too. Small world. :)

Anyway, I'm going to Anime NYC as well. May start a thread about it later on.

Also, NYCC do have some anime industry panels going on, too.

Well, NYCC has come and gone. I had a really good time.

Bumped into at least 2 Otakon people, and Katsucon did have a table there again this year. So did Crunchyroll, FUNImation, and Viz Media (all had big booths and had panels as well).

Next con: Anime NYC!