Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

subaru798

Badge Mailing

If you are getting your badges mailed, all ready paid for and everything, but then you move in a couple months, can you go back and change the address to the new one??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have already paid the badge mailing fee, you have until June 24th to change the address the badge is sent to. Currently there is no fee to update an address of a mailed badge. To make this update you will need to log into the members area and follow the link to change badge mailing information.  Note, I don't have the correct wording for the link, but I know it's part of the options presented towards the top of the page by your name after you log in.

Speaking of badge mailing, when are they going to be mailed out? It's halfway through June... our event is in August...

The same as the the past 2 years badges will start going out in mid-July.  The target is that all badges are delivered by August 1st. 

5 hours ago, MattTheMinion said:

The same as the the past 2 years badges will start going out in mid-July.  The target is that all badges are delivered by August 1st. 

Thanks for the reply! Is 6ish weeks enough to get all of them out?

I have a question regarding this: if, for some reason, the badge gets lost in the mail, would I still be able to get one if I have my barcode on the day of badge pickup?

https://www.otakon.com/register/mailed-badges-faq/

Q: I NEVER RECEIVED MY BADGE BUT MY TRACKING NUMBER SHOWS IT'S BEEN DELIVERED!

A: Contact us through our interactive help desk at otakon.desk.com right away and we will help you investigate this. We are also keeping a log of all issues like this to take to our Processor and to the United States Postal Service after the convention.  Once you've contacted the help desk, they will give you instructions about how to receive a replacement badge. With your information, we can hopefully make this a smoother process for next year.Because of the time between sending the badges out and the convention we typically will not be able to reissue and re-mail your badge.

Q: WHAT IF MY BADGE NEVER ARRIVES?

A: If your badge hasn't arrived by August 1st, please visit the USPS tracking page and enter the tracking number found on the Event Registration History page behind your Otakorp membership login. After entering the tracking number on the USPS tracking page, it will likely show one of three states: delivered, in-transit, or exception.

• Tracking shows Delivered: The tracking information will show what day/time the package was delivered. Check with your housemates to see if one of them signed for the package.
  • Tracking shows Processed Through Sort Facility, Arrival At Unit, Processing Complete, or Out-for-Delivery: The package is still in the USPS system and will be delivered. The page should provide an estimated delivery date/time.
  • Tracking shows Notice Left: No one was available at the home to sign for the package and a notice was left on the door. A delivery will be attempted again, or you can contact the post office to pick it up from the from the post office.
  • Tracking shows Refused: When the postal carrier brought the package to the home, someone at the home refused to sign for it and requested that it be returned to sender. Check with your housemates and contact the post office. You may be able to pick it up from the local post office or have another delivery attempt made.
  • Tracking shows Exception: Get in touch with the post-office. If for whatever reason the package was lost or destroyed in transit, get in touch with us.

Just letting people know, mine and my brothers badge arrived today.

36 minutes ago, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

I'mma go check for mine.

Yeah, I just happened to be looking on facebook, and someone posted to one of the groups that they got their badge, and being skeptical, I went to check my mailbox, and there it was. XD

Confrimation that I have my badge today!!!

Also confirming receiving of the badge.  Quicker than I though in all honesty.  Was more expecting around the 24-25 time frame.  

Yeah, I was expecting to wait at least another week at most.

I also got my badge today, July 15th as well.

I don't even have a tracking number posted yet, so I'm assuming this is going in waves.

FZ5g18N.jpg

my body is ready

Got mine, but no tracking info so it was unexpected.

I haz badge too. c24853669b0a9817335f64d917aa13f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you get a tracking number?  Email?  I didn't get my badges yet.

My whole group got ours yesterday. We didn't get any tracking info either (I think the same thing happened last year).

Last year when I got my badge for Otakon in the mail, no tracking number was posted, same thing happened this year as well.

1 hour ago, KSweeley said:

Last year when I got my badge for Otakon in the mail, no tracking number was posted, same thing happened this year as well.

Yeah part of the problem is that they will start putting the badge packets in the mail, but only send us the file with the tracking numbers once all of the badges have been posted.

Obviously we can't put the tracking numbers up on the site if we don't have them.

Yeah, got mine in the mail yesterday, wasn't expecting it all. Figured there would have at least been an announcement that they were going out. But at least it got here safe.

On 7/15/2017 at 6:36 PM, Lum1n3s said:

FZ5g18N.jpg

my body is ready

No, you fool! Now counterfeiters know what the badges look like and will make fakes by the hundreds!!!

2 hours ago, Krabstarr said:

No, you fool! Now counterfeiters know what the badges look like and will make fakes by the hundreds!!!

Oh snaps, I've dun goofed D:

5 minutes ago, Lum1n3s said:

Oh snaps, I've dun goofed D:

Better call the cyber police XD

(something something consequences will never be the same)

Couldn't get mine mailed T.T  Had to wait to see if I could get off that weekend before I registered.  So I have to pick it up early Sat.....

I registered right before the deadline for mailing, but I don't see a tracking number listed for me. Does that mean I'm not getting a mailed badge? :(

I just received mine in the mail today - didn't even know it was coming in yet.

Good to see they have their priorities on the entrance map - they listed a place that sells coffee right near the main entrance. :)

What's the little camera icon with a '3' next to it? I'm guessing gathering site 3 for cosplay shoots?

1 hour ago, mellow-osity said:

I registered right before the deadline for mailing, but I don't see a tracking number listed for me. Does that mean I'm not getting a mailed badge? :(

Otakon just posted on their Facebook that for anyone who hasn't received theirs yet, the tracking numbers will go up tonight. I say don't fret you'll be fine! :D

9 minutes ago, Lum1n3s said:

Otakon just posted on their Facebook that for anyone who hasn't received theirs yet, the tracking numbers will go up tonight. I say don't fret you'll be fine! :D

I WOULD SO HUG YOU RIGHT NOW. Thanks! :D

7 minutes ago, mellow-osity said:

I WOULD SO HUG YOU RIGHT NOW. Thanks! :D

Yay, glad I could be of assistance! :3

Checked my tracking number today, said that my badge was delivered on Saturday but I never got it. I'm so upset. I hope they can send me another one, or else I'm gonna waste my time on line on Thursday instead of hanging with friends. Has this ever happened to anyone else??

If delivery failed or your badge didn't come, you do not have to wait on the Thursday line. Head straight to badge services instead.

1 hour ago, kimmibeans said:

If delivery failed or your badge didn't come, you do not have to wait on the Thursday line. Head straight to badge services instead.

Alrighty cool! Thanks so much! :) Is it near where you pick up the badges?

18 hours ago, Triela said:

Checked my tracking number today, said that my badge was delivered on Saturday but I never got it. I'm so upset. I hope they can send me another one, or else I'm gonna waste my time on line on Thursday instead of hanging with friends. Has this ever happened to anyone else??

Honestly go to the USPS website and fill out this form https://emailus.usps.com/emailUs/iq/usps/request.do?forward=emailUs  I have found this method better than by contacting your local office directly.

Its 50/50 but they could still have it and marked it as delivered by accident.  

1 hour ago, jeremiahs23 said:

Honestly go to the USPS website and fill out this form https://emailus.usps.com/emailUs/iq/usps/request.do?forward=emailUs  I have found this method better than by contacting your local office directly.

Its 50/50 but they could still have it and marked it as delivered by accident.  

Thanks so much!! I just send them the info. I hope it's found!!

I updated my mailing address and it still got sent to my old residence. I called up my old apartment complex, but I might have to get some help...

Weird.  My bade says it was delivered on the 17th.  I never got it. Just got the tracking number today and saw that.  Contacted support for help.

I'm just confused because I never had an issue with badge mailing in the past, my mailperson is super reliable, and I live in a good neighborhood so I wouldn't expect it to be swiped.

Hopefully I can get help x_x

16 hours ago, F00LY said:

Weird.  My bade says it was delivered on the 17th.  I never got it. Just got the tracking number today and saw that.  Contacted support for help.

I'm just confused because I never had an issue with badge mailing in the past, my mailperson is super reliable, and I live in a good neighborhood so I wouldn't expect it to be swiped.

Hopefully I can get help x_x

My badge said it was delivered to my old address and that was that. And then it turned up at my new place the following day. It could have gone into the Phantom Zone instead, though.

Yeah will have to see. Waiting on CS to get back to me still.  Its been over a week since the delivery date now though so my hope levels are low ._.

On 7/18/2017 at 8:41 PM, kimmibeans said:

Hey @kimmibeans, I'm in this exact situation. My badge says it was delivered last week (4 of them, mine and 3 friends), but no package was ever at my house.  
Do we need to bring anything specific with us to speed up the process and to show any staff who inevitably wonders why the hell we're trying to cut the line?

On July 25, 2017 at 7:51 PM, F00LY said:

Hey @kimmibeans, I'm in this exact situation. My badge says it was delivered last week (4 of them, mine and 3 friends), but no package was ever at my house.  
Do we need to bring anything specific with us to speed up the process and to show any staff who inevitably wonders why the hell we're trying to cut the line?

Ugh, so I'm not the only one. :( I contacted the Otakon staff by email and they told me that they put my name on the a list for people who didn't get their badge. They told me to make sure I had my ID on me and go to badge services and if I'm stopped, just tell them where you're going since your badge didn't arrive.