youth

Phoenix Park Hotel Deal $109/night

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just putting this out there so perhaps a few attendees who don't want to deal with AirBNB/hostels can save some money for a hotel within walking distance of the con.

The Phoenix Park Hotel by Union Station about a mile from the con center has a 95th anniversary promotion for a limited number of rooms for the month of August. After taxes it comes out to about $109/night. For comparison my reservation at the Comfort Inn half a mile from the con was one of the cheaper options at $190/night. I'll take the savings over an extra 10-15min walk.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g28970-d84041-Reviews-Phoenix_Park_Hotel-Washington_DC_District_of_Columbia.html

Edited by youth

Snap crackle pop that's cheaper, would be a 10 minute longer walk but would save the gang and I $350.

Question though is it a pre-pay reservation only?

*edit* nvm I just checked it, pre-sale only but hey not a bad deal if you got the funds already ready.

Per maps.google, your shortest walking time would be 21 minutes from the hotel to the convention center.  You'll also be walking in "lovely" DC summer weather and perhaps in cosplay.  If you are the only one(s) in cosplay, be prepared for odd looks, especially on Friday when you are dealing with the non-con DC work force.  No, I'm not trying to scare you off, just give you a little heads up.  Good luck and be safe.

No cosplay & I have looked into Capital Bike Share & bus routes in case I don't feel like walking. Though if this was still in Baltimore I would definitely have stuck with a closer hotel. I just thought it is a really good deal over the official con hotels some of which are just as far.

Would you consider taking the Metro in from a hotel in suburbia?

Check out a site called hotelsneardcmetro.com

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2