kojiikinns

Making new Con-going friends

27 posts in this topic

Let's make some Con-going friends!!! that you may or may not have. Especially if you're going alone it's always nice to see a familiar face. Follow each other, get acquainted, become friends !! Whatcha cosplaying as?

I'll go first!

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/larry.j.ellison.3

Instagram: kojiikinns 

Snap: kojiikinns 

Cosplaying : Metapod& Butterfree and also another one is undecided =] catch me in the masquerade =D 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is my 7th Otakon and it's always great seeing new people coming out each year.

Twitter: The Artist In Debt @TomDent88

Cosplay: Ramba Ral from Mobile Suit Gundam

Edited by TomDent
Accidentally hit save too early

I've been to a couple of really small local cons and this will be my first big con and I'm going alone.

Instagram: minttemple

Snap: minttemple127

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Been going to Otokan since 2009 and I'm looking forward to this year after spending a year abroad in Mongolia.  I'm hoping to present again this year.  Also I'm still trying to figure out a cosplay for this year, first time for everything I guess.

Twiiter- animescience101

2 people like this

I haven't been In a couple years, but I'm planning on hitting Otakon this year. :)

2 people like this

If anyone wants to hang with the crew and I, you're more than welcome to. Definitely wouldn't mind meeting new people and expanding my small social circle. Will be going with some friends and have our own hotel, drinking between us will go down during the night but nothing crazy lol. Except a cool rowdy bunch if anything :3

2 people like this

I'll be flying from the U.K to go to Otakon this year, its my first ever convention, day 1 i will be by myself so will gladly meet up with people, day two and three i am meeting someone but we will be more then happy to meet people their.

i will be arriving in washington on the thursday just after lunch, so might need help finding badge pick up place.

also if i do cosplay will be as Luffy, depends how much money i have left over

19 Years old, so can't drink in the U.S Unfortunatly.

1 person likes this

On 6/7/2017 at 11:33 PM, Lum1n3s said:

If anyone wants to hang with the crew and I, you're more than welcome to. Definitely wouldn't mind meeting new people and expanding my small social circle. Will be going with some friends and have our own hotel, drinking between us will go down during the night but nothing crazy lol. Except a cool rowdy bunch if anything :3

What hotel you at? Maybe I'll come say hi.

On 6/9/2017 at 9:36 AM, Taunri said:

I'll be flying from the U.K to go to Otakon this year, its my first ever convention, day 1 i will be by myself so will gladly meet up with people, day two and three i am meeting someone but we will be more then happy to meet people their.

i will be arriving in washington on the thursday just after lunch, so might need help finding badge pick up place.

also if i do cosplay will be as Luffy, depends how much money i have left over

19 Years old, so can't drink in the U.S Unfortunatly.

Yeah that sucks... International drinking laws suck ballsack. lol.

On 6/18/2017 at 1:26 AM, GasparAKAShiggitay said:

What hotel you at? Maybe I'll come say hi.

Hey Gasper, I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn. Feel free to shoot a message or anyone for that matter if they're interested! :D

7 hours ago, Lum1n3s said:

Hey Gasper, I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn. Feel free to shoot a message or anyone for that matter if they're interested! :D

It's Gaspar :) and okay I just might do that. :)

Hello all I'm also attending Otakon in DC for the first time alone. Kinda nervous lol

Instagram: lyrium_x

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, kailinn said:

Hello all I'm also attending Otakon in DC for the first time alone. Kinda nervous lol

First time to a big con is always a bit nerve wracking, always best to rest and hydrate, when I heavy cosplay I sometimes forget the hydration but and then get wiped out.  You can always meet new people in line.  ( unless now it's no longer going to be line con) 

I'm Brett, I've done the past few otakons, I have a few more costumes in development usually theme is either retro video games or  sci-fi anime. Sometimes both.  

(Right now halfway built towards a khajit in an esquisite robe from morrowind done game accurate so it will be very silly ( one of the early things I wanted to do but never built and probably no one will know what it is) 

I have no idea what I'm gonna bring but I do tend to do all weekend in at least 3 if not 4 various cosplays I only go a couple hours out of costume. (Although I'm not hardcore enough to do pre reg in costume.. I did the past midnight pre reg line a couple years ago) 

1 person likes this

I just started this thread for Otaku new to Otakon: 

Check it out!

1 hour ago, MoF said:

First time to a big con is always a bit nerve wracking, always best to rest and hydrate, when I heavy cosplay I sometimes forget the hydration but and then get wiped out.  You can always meet new people in line.  ( unless now it's no longer going to be line con) 

I'm Brett, I've done the past few otakons, I have a few more costumes in development usually theme is either retro video games or  sci-fi anime. Sometimes both.  

(Right now halfway built towards a khajit in an esquisite robe from morrowind done game accurate so it will be very silly ( one of the early things I wanted to do but never built and probably no one will know what it is) 

I have no idea what I'm gonna bring but I do tend to do all weekend in at least 3 if not 4 various cosplays I only go a couple hours out of costume. (Although I'm not hardcore enough to do pre reg in costume.. I did the past midnight pre reg line a couple years ago) 

Hello Brett, yea I'll make sure to take proper care of myself and yes while in cosplay it's super easy to forget to do these things.

I went to Anime Boston alone and I definitely had some anxiety but it all worked out and I even made a new friend

1 person likes this

This will be me n Hubby's 3rd Otakon. We're exited for DC! Happy to meet for drinks/hang out.

I'll be going as Roze from Today's Cerebus. On the very very very very very obscure chance that anyone else is cosplaying that fandom, I would LOVE to meet for photos!

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, littledoll said:

This will be me n Hubby's 3rd Otakon. We're exited for DC! Happy to meet for drinks/hang out.

I'll be going as Roze from Today's Cerebus. On the very very very very very obscure chance that anyone else is cosplaying that fandom, I would LOVE to meet for photos!

My cosplay is pretty obscure only because it's a genderbend, but people figured it out and it was a great feeling. I know SOMEONE will know who you are when in cosplay.

Also, drinks sound good. Hang outs sound good too! I can't wait for this year!

On the subject of meetups, I'm surprised that someone hasn't set up a 21+ meetup yet.

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, onsenmark said:

On the subject of meetups, I'm surprised that someone hasn't set up a 21+ meetup yet.

@GalefreyRises are you doing one this year?

EDIT: it seems like @GalefreyRises isn't doing one this year due to venue.

Edited by GasparAKAShiggitay

On 7/10/2017 at 0:25 PM, onsenmark said:

Someone has to plan this meet up asap before it's too late. I thought it was being talked about in another thread with a place to meet up at in DC.

1 person likes this

Been attending Otakon non-stop since 2001, will be attending the first Otakon held in Washington D.C. this year.

Would be awesome to make new friends, I'm frequently on Facebook so anyone who is social and would like to chat and make new friends, send me a friend request: https://www.facebook.com/ksweeley

My hubby and I have been going to Otakon since 2012 and can't wait to see how everything plays out in DC. We're also going this year with my sister and her bf and we're all staying at the Marriott Marquis. We're down for meeting new people!

Aside from my sister, we also play Pokemon Go so I'm sure we'll be running into many of you at the various raids and gyms.

I'll be cosplaying as Hotaru (Dagashi Kashi) and Yona (Yona of the Dawn). My hubby will be Hak (Yona of the Dawn) and Luffy (if he feels like it). My sister and her bf will likely be Asuna and Kirito.

Instagram: kvitale626

Twitter: PaperMineDesign (though I'm admittedly not on it as often as I used to be)

Heyo~ I'm Nye this will be my 7th Otakon! I'm always down for meeting new people. I'll be active on my Twitter and Instagram throughout the whole con so hit me up If you wanna hangout!

Instagram:@nyedayo

Twitter:@nyedayo

Right now my tentative cosplay plans include: Mallow from PKMN Sun & Moon, Hajime from Gachaman Crowds/Insight, Kanan from Love Live, and Brown Bear from Kemono Friends

Hi there, I lost count which # Otakon this is for me.. I've been going since college. I'm taking a couple days vacation in DC before con to hang out, I'll be meeting up with some friends at con, but staying by myself this year.

Instagram: chezplz

On 7/11/2017 at 4:51 PM, Lum1n3s said:

Someone has to plan this meet up asap before it's too late. I thought it was being talked about in another thread with a place to meet up at in DC.

I fully support this.. Also I think Otakon itself should have a meetup "panel" or speed-friending room.

If anyone's going to be in D.C. early Thursday, I'd be down to hang out, since I plan on getting in pretty early, lol. ^^;;;